sharetrader
Page 46 of 174 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

Exactly, Toddy.
    I suppose it had to be reported but it's hardly newsworthy.

Guru

Sorry.....

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Sorry.....
    Still worth-while adding to the thread 777. Don't worry

Now back to the waiting game.....

Do people out there really think that Helen and Cullen will trample all over shareholders and the NZX when the Fed is doing everything in its power to bring confidence to the financial systems at home and around the world.

Helen cannot normally keep her mouth shut when it comes to saving the world.

A little confidence and consistency from the govt should be par for the course under the current environment.

Or maybe not!
    Last edited by Toddy; 18-03-2008 at 02:37 PM.
    Toddy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Do people out there really think that Helen and Cullen will trample all over shareholders and the NZX when the Fed is doing everything in its power to bring confidence to the financial systems at home and around the world.

Helen cannot normally keep her mouth shut when it comes to saving the world.

A little confidence and consistency from the govt should be par for the course under the current environment.
    Helen is probably scared that the Canandians will only pay NZ workers a 1/4 of the amount of the Canandian workers they work along side.

Am I the only one supprised at how well the shareprice is holding up. Is this a reflection of value or the lack of sellers?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

The canadians will announce on 25th the level of scaling and following this, scaled back shares will be avaliable to trade.

Guru

Canandians ahve announced the final acceptance ratio and the balance of shares are now open to trade.

From my understanding, if you accepted for 39.53% or less, they will all be accepted. If you accepted for more than that, the additional part will be scaled. If you accepted for 100% of your shares, you will have 60.86% taken into the offer.

Anyone want to confirm.

No flurry of selling as the shares came on market.

So I accepted for them to buy all my shares, so judging by what i have read they will buy 60% of them.

But the Government can still stop it, right?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by brettdale View Post
    So I accepted for them to buy all my shares, so judging by what i have read they will buy 60% of them.
    But the Government can still stop it, right?
    yes
    yes

[apparently posts must be more than 10 characters in lenght, so this post now passes.}

Assumimg the Govt does say 'yes', will this lead to an increase in shareprice as those who sold out top up their reduced holdings at a much lower value?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.