sharetrader
Page 52 of 174 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by beacon View Post
    A man was walking down a street, when he saw a house on Sale. He stopped and started asking the neighbours if the Sale of the house should be stopped, as the new buyer was relatively unknown. Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't. The neighbours said the house shouldn't be sold. So the man walked in the house, slapped the owners, locked the house up, threw away the sale sign, and shooed away the buyer. The man felt so happy, as he had done what the community wanted.

Moral: Sellers are not part of the community. Their opinion doesn't matter. You have the right to stop the sale of what doesn't belong to you. You can do it again and again with impunity. Go the Man. We love the Man.
    Most aptly and elegantly put. I also agree with the sentiments expressed by Brettdale in his erudite piece.

I foresaw this outcome ages ago, and it just surprised me that there were so many people out there who naively believed that this Government is interested in encouraging foreign investment.

Guru

Some big parcels today. 3,000,000 and 1,500,000 in the past half hour.

Canadians reducing perhaps?????

Exclamation BRICKS smells a RAT

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Some big parcels today. 3,000,000 and 1,500,000 in the past half hour.

Canadians reducing perhaps?????
    AS you say someone out or someone in the T/O is approaching 15,00,000 million so its a big move whatever, have taken the chance to double my HOLDING..

Well I will make a post in this thread even if not an owner because its much more than just a sharetrade at issue here, its the distinction - which this government has failed to make - between allowing (yet alone encouraging) foreign investment and protecting local resources.
    This government has until now resisted the urge to make politically expedient decisions so this decision is a little surprising to me. Clearly its ideologically based and even if it probably wont alienate their main electoral support base, with the new Chinese FTA it will likely bring about difficult decisions in the future.

So for the share, now its back to a question of value , according to FINDATA the NTA is at 1.90 and the chart as well shows a lot of support around that level. PE at 23 is still pretty high really. But thats probably historical, so could be lower. I suspect earnings are pretty stable and that yield and a blue-chip (eek that word is tainted now) utility factor will support this share if times get tough.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Cool Put Your Feet Back On The Ground..

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Well I will make a post in this thread even if not an owner because its much more than just a sharetrade at issue here, its the distinction - which this government has failed to make - between allowing (yet alone encouraging) foreign investment and protecting local resources.
    This government has until now resisted the urge to make politically expedient decisions so this decision is a little surprising to me. Clearly its ideologically based and even if it probably wont alienate their main electoral support base, with the new Chinese FTA it will likely bring about difficult decisions in the future.

So for the share, now its back to a question of value , according to FINDATA the NTA is at 1.90 and the chart as well shows a lot of support around that level. PE at 23 is still pretty high really. But that's probably historical, so could be lower. I suspect earnings are pretty stable and that yield and a blue-chip (eek that word is tainted now) utility factor will support this share if times get tough.
    IS a nice story but lacks detail,, The gov said "Its not in the best interests of NEW ZEALAND" that's there decision for the whole of NEW ZEALAND that's there JOB and that's what happened the DEAL is off. THE real worry now is who bought & sold yesterday over 19,000,000 million AIA and made a big day for NZX that's the question NOW..

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    BUT WE MUST KEEP OUR PRIME ASSETS, GREAT MOVE, IN ZB/POLL 74%FOR DECISSION 26% AGAINST. EVEN NATIONAL PARTY DIEHARD, JOHN BANKS FOR IT. ps if govt did not step into our national carier air nz when it did, few year back it would have a aussy flag on it. airnz has over 1billion $$$in reserve. QUaNTAS inthe sh--.. god bless helen
    No one said to sell 100%....this was 28% for god sake....what the hell do you think the Cullen does ...oh hell it buys shares in companies all around the world....19million shares sold yesterday...I suppose we will see the Cullen fund on the share reg big time....corrupt....Air NZ ...not a problem with the bail out...it was the way they went about the bail out .... again Cullen and Clark cost the shareholders millions...yes the mums and dads of NZ ,millions....oh and what about the shareholders of Telecom....these idiots are pathetic and corrupt...bring on Wisharts out coming of Helen on the 21st...maybe that will open a few idiots eyes to the real truth....cant smack that baby Helen

Quote Originally Posted by redzone View Post
    ...bring on Wisharts out coming of Helen on the 21st...maybe that will open a few idiots eyes to the real truth....cant smack that baby Helen
    Care to expand Redzone?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

I thought every one knows (even the hard dark red Labour rabble!) that Helen is halfway in and half way out of the closet.

Just ask Heather Simpson or Judith Tizard.

Hawke.
    “For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to Win.”

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    ...... airnz has over 1billion $$$in reserve.

Always amazes me that they tout this $1 billion in cash ---- $750 million is prepaid fares ..... for which they have yet to pay to fly these passengers to whereever they want to go

Good thing for AIR is that it is in their bank

What amazes me and truly beggers belief is that their are still halfwits that still support this Proven Corrupt, Proven Tax cash Thieving Labour Govt. For people who also follow shares to support Labour??? Labour hates personal property-shares are personal property!
    Amazing.

Hawke.
    “For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to Win.”