sharetrader
Page 55 of 174 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Now its my turn to slag off this rubbish government decision. They have shown utter contempt for the private property and ownership rights of the individual. They have trampled on the desires of the mums and dad investors as well as the hard done by rate payers in Manukau and other councils.

They have refused to define what a strategic asset is. If its a long piece of dirt to land planes in Auckland then Whenuapai can do that. With a bit of tax payer cash the government could do what they like with this land to create the strategic asset they imagine -heaven forbid.

They have no idea what AIA is. Sure it has a big piece of dirt. But the Cannucks didn’t want to buy just a bit of sea side real estate. They also wanted a cut of retail space, property rentals, car parking, gas power and water sales revenues. The piece of dirt only generates $60m odd whereas retail is $90m.

So the Govt is basically saying “the tax payer and voter won’t wear us buying the thing like AIR so no one else can have it”. The govt knows best than the simpleton voter. “We know you don’t know how to save so Aunty Helen will set up a taxpayer KiwiSaver fund where you do pretty much nothing but reap the benefits. We’ll teach you how to bank – lets ignore the fact there’re are heaps of banks, credit unions and saving societies –we’ll use tax money to set up our own bank. You’re a student – here’s a lesson. We’ll give you some money and you won’t have to pay interest on it. Can’t afford kids – don’t worry we’ll pay you to breed – after all we need more dunderheads to vote for us in the future”. And the government has the gall to legislate against financial advisors and real estate agents. They’re having a laugh!

And shame on National for not having the gonads and saying if the Canadians want AIA they can have it – lock stock and barrel. None of this 49% rubbish.

Here Here!!

Excellent Post!!

Herbacious

So what is the significance of the 21st April? New issue of Investigate or something is it?

Quote Originally Posted by redzone View Post
    Colin you are so right...

bring on the 21st April when the real truth about our so called leader comes out
    redzonw, minimokes of this world. if the governement allowed the sale you would be up in arms. I dont get it. Whatever they do you just want to take an opposite view. Time to get a life, get a grip on something and pull your head in a bit.

Ihave no idea on what the polls may have suggested but imo i beleive the general public would have supported the government just like they have the last 8 years

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    redzonw, minimokes of this world. if the governement allowed the sale you would be up in arms. I dont get it.
    Nita. Thankfully I have the ability to think and speak for myself – though Labour is working hard at changing this. For the record I would not be in the least bit upset if the government allowed the sale. Indeed the government should not be involved in even the smallest way with the sale process. It is not their property – AIA belongs to the shareholders. It is not a strategic asset because they cannot define a strategic asset. And if the general public want a view on AIA and its future then should buy some shares and vote! Any government that doesn’t meddle in the private lives of its citizens gets my support – where they do meddle (and Labour likes to meddle) then I won’t be a doormat and pull my head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    redzonw, minimokes of this world. if the governement allowed the sale you would be up in arms. I dont get it. Whatever they do you just want to take an opposite view. Time to get a life, get a grip on something and pull your head in a bit.

Ihave no idea on what the polls may have suggested but imo i beleive the general public would have supported the government just like they have the last 8 years
    I dont give a rats if the bloody airport was sold or not....its just that it wasnt the governments business to get involved.....if they wanted it then buy it at the price the offer was at....the shareholders then could make up their own minds if they wanted it sold or not....and if the government did buy it, then its shareholders(us the tax payers) could make up our minds at the next election as to whether we thought it was a good decision or not........time to get a life...a well worn comment...and general public....well we can see how bright they are...we still have a labour government...

Cool Still Boring..

Probably be the Cullen fund....oh how these Labour ****ers love spending other peoples money after the have shafted us all....and what about using the SOEs to push their polices after bringing in a law to stop all others...corrupt ...corrupt...corrupt...pathetic the lot of hem....and what about all those hairy legged pathetic so called female MPS on tele last night singing at the Labour Party gathering...what a joke that was....and they run this place...geeezzz
    IF you don't give a RATS about the Airport why are you boring us about the above items yet again and AGAIN..

Bricks it the princible really...so Im sorry if it is boring...

....its just that it wasnt the governments business to get involved.....if they wanted it then buy it at the price the offer was at....
    If the government wanted to own the airport they shouldn't have sold shares in it to the public in the first place.

Herbacious

And which party do you think it was that sold it in the first place, Deev8?