sharetrader
Page 58 of 175 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    My current estimate is approx $1.75 based on similar models to what you have used. I am not buying at todays price. In fact, I have not bought any more since the initial IPO...
    I am not a shareholder of AIA. In sayiong that i am glad the government stood firm on their decision not to let a company or assetrr like AIA be sold offshore even if they didnt get control. Here is what i encountered today. Carpark fee for 1 hour 2 minutes $10.00 Wifi 1 hour $9.50. Departure tax..whatever it was. These are some of the basic services we offer not only to our own people but to overseas people. Why for a few quick bucks aree some of us so short sighted that we want to give easy money away to foreign investors. It makes no sense.

Personally i think the prices are a rip off, however it is a user pay system which has merits but keep the bloody money in nz. Lets support our own people before we start giveing out freebees to others

Exclamation Our Nita..

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    I am not a shareholder of AIA. In saying that i am glad the government stood firm on their decision not to let a company or asset like AIA be sold offshore even if they didn't get control. Here is what i encountered today. Car park fee for 1 hour 2 minutes $10.00 Wifi 1 hour $9.50. Departure tax..whatever it was. These are some of the basic services we offer not only to our own people but to overseas people. Why for a few quick bucks agree some of us so short sighted that we want to give easy money away to foreign investors. It makes no sense.

Personally i think the prices are a rip off, however it is a user pay system which has merits but keep the bloody money in nz. Lets support our own people before we start giving out freebies to others
    GOOD on yer, some one at last is talking straight from the hip and not from there back pocket AIA can only get better, So Nita save up your lunch money and just BUY a couple of hundred and own a good piece of real estate in AULCKLAND..

I assume everyone saw that Infratil is increasing its holding. 109 million now. Lloyd on a mission heh
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I assume everyone saw that Infratil is increasing its holding. 109 million now. Lloyd on a mission heh
    Yes saw that tonight. Hope it does something for IFT share price.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Looks like he increased by 11m shares or $25m worth.

But.. it is the shares he controls for the NZ superfund, not IFT.

So as we expected, the Govt distroys the price of AIA, the the NZ superfund jumps in (now owning 7.3% up from 6%).
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Cool NO not all of US Saw..

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post

So as we expected, the Govt distroys the price of AIA, the the NZ superfund jumps in (now owning 7.3% up from 6%).

BUT there must be more Buyers lurking some where as over 50 million was SOLD last week.

But he is only doing what the CAN`s wanted to do but you need 19% which is a long way off and a lot of money to get, this figure it would push up the PRICE of AIA..

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post

But, isn't the relevant question here................ Why is Morrison and Co buying shares in AIA on behalf of the Super Fund when bigger players (Tower, Fisher etc) have been sacked because of quote 'the management of the Super Fund has been bought inhouse'.

Hence, does this mean that Morrison and Co are inhouse?

There is a cunning plan afoot that will have 100% backing from the GOVT.
    Toddy

Cool Someone has to WIN..

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    But, isn't the relevant question here................ Why is Morrison and Co buying shares in AIA on behalf of the Super Fund when bigger players (Tower, Fisher etc) have been sacked because of quote 'the management of the Super Fund has been bought inhouse'.

Hence, does this mean that Morrison and Co are inhouse?

There is a cunning plan afoot that will have 100% backing from the GOVT.
    ALL your suggestions don't really amount to much, NZ super fund has to put its money some where and small NZX dose keep the money in NZ, Who holds the shares means nothing as in AU the fund would do all this work without reference to anybody when they wake they should do the SAME...
    Last edited by BRICKS; 22-04-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Question It Had To Happen

WELL the Canadians are OUT and IN come the AMERCAINS..

BUGGER me a new lot called: Julius Baer Investment Management.

With 100 investors from New York mainly Pension Funds with 5.109%..

There is smoke there must be FIRE..

THE PUN , Watch this SPACE..

Advanced Member

This part of their traffic update made me smile

Canadian arrivals were strong, up 12.4% for the month and up 8.6% on
    a 12 month rolling basis