sharetrader
Page 70 of 174 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast

2008 Half-year in Review

- Total passenger movements up 2.0 per cent to 6,630,816.

- International passenger movements (including transits and transfers) up 0.5 per cent to
    3,758,041. Excluding transits and transfers, international passenger movements down 1.2
    per cent to 3,227,505.

- Domestic passenger movements up 4.1 per cent to 2,872,775.

- Aircraft movements up 2.2 per cent to 80,528.

- Total MCTOW up 2.8 per cent to 3,010,909 tonnes.

- Revenue up 6.8 per cent to $184.0 million.

- Operating EBITDA up 2.5 per cent to $138.7 million*

- Non-cash investment property fair value decrease of $41.8 million.

- Profit after tax down 79.4 per cent to $9.8 million.

- Excluding the investment property devaluation, profit after tax was up 8.3 per cent to
    $51.6 million.

- Fully imputed interim dividend of 3.75 cents per share to be paid on 27 March 2009.

Interim dividend decreased by 2.00 cents per share compared to the interim dividend last
    year. The interim dividend last year was higher to utilise surplus imputation credits
    that
    would have been lost due to a possible change in ownership.
    Last edited by brettdale; 19-02-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    BB, AIA has broken its short-term trendline and this would be taken as Bearish and a Sell signal by short-term traders (even though it was an unconfirmed trendline) because there was confirmation from oscillators as shown at the top of the chart. In fact, many short-term traders would have sold out at $1.87 on the basis of the Bearish "Shooting Star" candlestick numbered (1). See the long upper shadow? Buyers had carried the price up to $1.92 before strong selling pressure pushed AIA right back down to below the previous days Close negating all the days gains and more. It is not surprising that this was followed by a biggish "down" day, which broke the trendline.

If you are a longer-term investor, I wouldn't worry about missing all these "Sell" signals. Why not? Take a look at yesterday's candlestick numbered (2). This is a Bullish Dragonfly Doji. Selling pressure pushed the price down to $1.79 before it was met by keen buyers who carried the price back up again. Dragonfly Doji often mark downtrend reversal points. I'm not at all surprised that AIA is up today - $1.83 at the time of posting this.
    update please Phaedrus? Thx in advance

Advanced Member

Default AIA Chart Update

This chart is a little cluttered, BB, because I have tried to combine line and candlestick plots to show how the signals derived from each coincide nicely.

A "Bearish Engulfing Pattern" occurs when selling pressure overwhelms buying force as reflected by a long black body engulfing a small white body after an uptrend.

You can see that the 6 sell signals shown here triggered over a fairly narrow price range, with 3 of them firing on the same day. The downtrend that ensued is still in place and there is no hint of any buy signals as yet.

The Dragonfly Doji as previously mentioned was followed by a nice little uptrend just as it was supposed to be. Neat eh?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by absolut-advance View Post
    Thanks for the charts, education and dedication on the threads Phaedrus, ... Keep up the great work, its much appreciated by many.

AA
    My thanks as well Phaedrus. Your commentaries are the main reason I try to login briefly every day. I'm learning a lot also from the contributions of MacDunc, Snoopy, Shasta & many others on my personal list of favourites, including a few of those sceptics who sometimes dare to challenge the cool logic of your posts. My own ignorance precludes piping up more often, so I hope its OK just to support the comments just made by Absolute-Advance and Yankiwi.

I read that Auckland airport paid a dividend to share holders on Monday march 16th, it hasn't shown up in my bank account yet? Does it take a few days?

I haven't checked but my system has 27 March entered as payment date, so a few days to wait yet if correct.

Quote Originally Posted by brettdale View Post
    I read that Auckland airport paid a dividend to share holders on Monday march 16th, it hasn't shown up in my bank account yet? Does it take a few days?
    Monday was the Ex date, so still a bit of a wait yet.

YOTT
    \"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

Advanced Member

Canadian pension funds prowling around aussie infrastructure stocks , maybe back for another bite at AIA ?

nice try!..'Rampkin'!
    \"death&taxes t.o.s.b\"

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Canadian pension funds prowling around aussie infrastructure stocks , maybe back for another bite at AIA ?
    LOL!

They are not going to waste their time again.