sharetrader
Page 8 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Placebo, did you get the car?
    Eventually. Ultimately it got down to what they wanted to offer me for my old car as a trade. Negotiation lasted a couple of weeks, which included me walking away more than once...

When the guy delivered the car he told my wife he thought I was a "tough negotiator" . All I did was stand firm! Why pay more than you want to?
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    When the guy delivered the car he told my wife he thought I was a "tough negotiator" .

..... in the mind of a car salesman everybody is a tough negotiator - I'd be pissed if he made a compliment like that to my wife .... meant I had could have taken more of him ... bugger

So does the offer of $3.65 a share, can that be taken up now by shareholders? Could I go online and place a sell order with a limit of $3.65.

Or do I have to wait till November 20th and the board's general meeting to approval it??

How does it work??

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettdale View Post
    So does the offer of $3.65 a share, can that be taken up now by shareholders? Could I go online and place a sell order with a limit of $3.65.

Or do I have to wait till November 20th and the board's general meeting to approval it??

How does it work??
    As no-one has come to your aid yet, I will try and help you:

1.You can't take up an offer until you actually receive it (7/10 days I think they said).
    2. You can certainly "go on-line and place a sell order at $3-65" but you won't get any takers - just look at where the market is, reflecting the fact that it is only a partial offer and, remember, they have to get to 40% otherwise its "no go". The market doesn't seem to put much chance on success, and it looks as though the councils, etc., aren't interested in selling.
    3. This is an offer direct to shareholders, unlike the earlier offer. The board can't stop you selling your shares to whomsoever you wish, but the directors will issue a recommendation as to whether shareholders should accept or reject.

Advanced Member

Is this a public listed company or not?

Im sick of all the political interference on this one.

Actually, it's a bureaucracy. Always has been and always will be. Thinking about dropping my holding when the Canadians make the offer and buy them back when the SP falls again.

Abit like all companies in NZ in a monopoly situation, the government department will have their say. Just have to look at TEL and VCT to know the writing is on the wall. I am a frustrated holder of VCT.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

15m shares traded today. Morrison and Co put out a disclosure notice mid afternoon. One may assume that they have accumulated more shares before closing.

Morrison has to be upto something. There has to be a bigger picture to all of this. Maybe they will come up with something along the same lines as the Canadians, except with a number of NZ/Aussie Funds involved. Or, a NZ Airport Company that owns Wellington, Auckland, Glasgow Prestwick, Kent etc with a vision to own more.

When Morrison was quoated in the Herald as saying that AIA was too large of a transaction to buy, he was referring to IFT alone.

Watch this space. I think next week will be interesting as they now have to act quickly before the acceptances start rolling in for the Canadian offer.

Any other thoughts out there?
    Last edited by Toddy; 16-11-2007 at 06:27 PM.
    Toddy

So us small time shareholders are now allowed to sell our shares of AIA, at $3.65???

Advanced Member

Agree , there is going to be much activity in the following few weeks , suprised the share price hasnt risen a little , there going be more cards on the table soon