sharetrader
Page 95 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast

I can only assume that with 10% clawback there will be less shares available, therefore the value of the remaining 90% will rise in value. I'm a newbie to share trading so would be interested to hear from an experienced trader/investor.

Could you in theory divert the capital return via the DRIP? Could be a way to claw back (a few less) shares at a potentially slight discount if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    Could you in theory divert the capital return via the DRIP? Could be a way to claw back (a few less) shares at a potentially slight discount if it works.
    Don't think it works that way kaynar

Just take your cash and be happy - the market cap should remain the same so the shareprice for the remaining shares should adjust upwards.

If you reinvest the cash in AIA you will own a greater share ....good eh

Veteran novice

No comments on the AIA result? I thought it was pretty good but it seems it was in line with expectations.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11205678

Veteran novice

No comments on the AIA result? I thought it was pretty good but it seems it was in line with expectations.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11205678

Apologies for the clumsy duplication!
    Last edited by macduffy; 20-02-2014 at 06:04 PM.

I thought a very good result. A long term hold of this stock is really a no brainer. If they abide by regulatory conditions this would have to be one of the safest bets in the market. Macros all good over a long term hold (5 - 10 years+) very good.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by benjitara View Post
    I thought a very good result. A long term hold of this stock is really a no brainer. If they abide by regulatory conditions this would have to be one of the safest bets in the market. Macros all good over a long term hold (5 - 10 years+) very good.
    Have to agree with you and macduffy.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Sounds great , about time they sorted out decent transport links to the airport. The flight up from chch is quicker than the time it takes to get into central Auckland from the airport.
    Very optimistic on the visitor number front. If they are right then there will be big benefits for the tourism/hotel sector as a whole

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by benjitara View Post
    We all complained when the canadin bid was knocked back , but with hindsight we have done much better from holding the stock, than the quick profit from selling out