sharetrader
Page 668 of 764 FirstFirst ... 168568618658664665666667668669670671672678718 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 7632

At least the share price went up today

Quote Originally Posted by keenkiwiflyer View Post
    So no bump at all in SP.

Quite surprising given people’s projections.
    I was anticipating a more enthusiastic outlook for the coming year and a resulting uptick in the SP. I should have remembered Brian clearly likes to under-promise and overdeliver (which I'm actually happy about).

I will now wait for the annual meeting in late July - I might even use some of my credit with Air NZ to fly down to Dunedin - and the update on Q1 of this current financial year. Maybe that's when the next spike in the SP will occur ( he said hopefully).

Meantime, I'm a happy holder and wont be selling any in the foreseeable future.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Just discovered that BLIS actually stands for something:

Bacteriocin Like Inhibiting Substances

One's education is never complete.

Buy more BLIS
    om mani peme hum

Guru

PE ratio of 61.

W69, leave it for you for a PEG, that's one of your favourites...

Outside thinking.

The balance sheet wasn't bad by any means. Some potential future tailwinds are clearly listed.

The biggest issue I have holding long a stock like BLT is in relation to lumpiness of sales and at the moment anyway no clear reliable growth trajectory. If you look at the balance sheet you see a trend that is somewhat stabilising after years of lumpiness. The product itself falls into a category that perhaps caters to the risk of this lumpiness.

On a stock like this I would demand margin of safety to a notable degree before ever entering again. Surprised sentiment with the positive NPAT didn't drive the stock price though, and maybe this is a representation of exhaustion of buyers given the two recent leg ups with the updated guidances.

Once again a failure to give future revenue projection is not helpful, and essentially leaves you holding a company you "hope" will keep making sales on peoples perception of off the counter "immunity" products remaining over time.

I actually think the ingredient related sales are a hidden treasure for this company and if they can somehow expand their offering through this venue, it might also for some unprecedented scability too.
    Last edited by Cadalac123; 29-05-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Investor

Lightened my holding by half y'day to lock in some profits and remainder free carry.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Lightened my holding by half y'day to lock in some profits and remainder free carry.
    Hey that's my strategy! (Currently 71% of my portfolio free held.) Well done sb9. Can't go wrong that way.

Well, yesterday's confirmation of the FY20 profit and its accompanying pretty lukewarm outlook for FY21 certainly didn't excite too many investors.

Unless there's a (highly unlikely) spike in the SP in the next 30 minutes or so, none of the punters in our little competition have accurately forecast today's closing price. However, the prize of the virtual chocolate fish goes to whomever is closest to the pin - and it looks like Brucea is going to be the winner with his pick of 8.8c. Just as well it's a virtual prize mate - the real things are full of sugar and no good for you at all!

That's a really disappointing result for me. I really wanted Winner69 to take the prize - not only because his pick of 13c would have been a fabulous outcome - but also it would have been a just reward for his relentless positivity and enthusiasm. I'm sure your forecast for the SP will be correct though Winner - just not sure which year it will apply.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Hey that's my strategy! (Currently 71% of my portfolio free held.) Well done sb9. Can't go wrong that way.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by free held?