sharetrader
Page 589 of 764 FirstFirst ... 89489539579585586587588589590591592593599639689 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 7632
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Be good to see the full report obviously.

By the way, I was talking about concentrating on the gross margin % rather than the gross margin $. Obviously the gross margin $ can go up quite easily, but getting the gross margin % up is the real key in the long run, and is also the one that WDT constantly discusses as their guiding objective.
    To a large degree they will rise (and fall) with each other.

Advanced Member

Hi, FP. No, I mean as follows: Revenue $10m, cost of goods sold $9m, then gross profit = $1m, gross profit margin = 10%. But revenue $10m, cost of goods sold $8m, then gross profit margin = 20%. Obviously then a higher gross margin is a larger multiplier on change in revenue. Hence my concern about whether BLT is exhibiting a pretty restrained gross margin %, since the profit does not seem to increase a whole lot as revenue increases (as I am reading it anyway), and whether therefore maybe it is time to consider raising prices rather than just going for increases in volume that seem to be hard work to come by? So in this example, revenue $11m (increase price by 10%) and costs of goods sold = $9m as before, then gross profit = $2m, gross margin = 18%.

Since we do not seem to be seeing on historical figures that the cost of goods sold can be reduced per $m of revenue (as I read the accounts anyway, costs do not seem to reduce so far), raising the gross margin would be instead achieved by raising the price on the same volume (subject to lost sales obviously). Obviously that involves a judgement call though. Just wondering out loud.
    Last edited by simla; 30-04-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    The interest in BLT continues with a further 10% upwards movement today to 3.3.

Let's hope the market is not getting too far ahead of itself - we still need to see some real information from the company. Maybe we will get a market update at the time the annual report is released next month - was 18 May last year.

@Simla - suggest you email brian.watson@blis.co.nz with the matters you'd like an answer to and ask for them to be addressed in the update report. You might not get everything you want but maybe enlightenment on some of them.

EDIT: Now back to 3.2 - obviously someone got a bit over-excited earlier (probably including me!)

FURTHER EDIT: Back to 3.0 - definitely over-excitement this afternoon!

VWAP= nearly 3.2c (a mere 22k ended the day at 3c but also 149k thru at 3.3c) ........so another reasonable day of price re-valuing. These small daily/weekly gains of .1/.2c are a healthy sign I believe that a sustainable turn-around is being factored in here.......fingers crossed I'm right.
    Have a Gr8day.

Re margins,
    Pharmacy Direct Au sell Daily Defence for $11 and in NZ for $13.95.
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Woohoo..... yet more positive news ... released just 1hr ago. Full regulatory approval been granted for BLIS into the huge and wealthy Canadian market. Significant labelling claims also approved. Congrats directors keep up the good work....SP starting to reflect your efforts..

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    Woohoo..... yet more positive news ... released just 1hr ago. Full regulatory approval been granted for BLIS into the huge and wealthy Canadian market. Significant labelling claims also approved. Congrats directors keep up the good work....SP starting to reflect your efforts..
    Lets hope they run with it this time. Canada gave similar approval to K12 years ago. They also had that awesome chewing gum. It's hard to understand why sales are not over $10 million in Canada alone.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    More interest today, looks like BLT has passed the valley of death ( at last ! ).

Guru

Seems to me that the BLT story is getting out there and slow buying is taking place with more good news to come something, watch this space !

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Lets hope they run with it this time. Canada gave similar approval to K12 years ago. They also had that awesome chewing gum. It's hard to understand why sales are not over $10 million in Canada alone.
    .......I wonder if iNova will be responsible for Canada as well........can anyone confirm this? Canada could/should be a very profitable market for Blis so lets hope it is really promoted well wether it is through our own BLIS brand or as ingredients for other brands. Be nice to know the answers to those questions. Onwards and upwards either way.......goodtimes ahead Im thinking.
    Have a Gr8day.