sharetrader
Page 588 of 764 FirstFirst ... 88488538578584585586587588589590591592598638688 ... LastLast
Results 5,871 to 5,880 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ......yes all the above I believe HAEWAI plus a new distribution partner (iNova) plus recently announced GRAS approval for the US.
    I wasn't quite sure what GRAS and googled about it. Skim read an article below - note that it was from 2015 though - and it didn't sound like a big deal.... If you have any idea how significant it is to get an no-object from GRAS, please enlighten me.

Forgot a link to the article: https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...es-in-our-food
    Last edited by pg0220; 26-04-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ......yes all the above I believe HAEWAI plus a new distribution partner (iNova) plus recently announced GRAS approval for the US.
    Your 'beliefs' must be rock solid to expect a PER to increase from nearly 100.
    Last edited by haewai; 26-04-2019 at 01:54 PM.

[QUOTE=pg0220;756692]I wasn't quite sure what GRAS and googled about it. Skim read an article below - note that it was from 2015 though - and it didn't sound like a big deal.... If you have any idea how significant it is to get an no-object from GRAS, please enlighten me.

.........more than happy to enlighten. Lates GRAS announcement was a few days ago not 2015. (read latest news release ) " Could" be significant I think I said...........ie GRAS approval for the US gets recognition world wide.
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by haewai View Post
    Your 'beliefs' must be rock solid to expect a PER to increase from nearly 100.
    .......yes they are. Rather than consider PEs which are non-relevant to a company like BLT (state of turnaround) you need to consider growth factors over the last couple of years. Every arrow points north and some are in the relam of 30-40% . Good luck with your studies and research HAEWAI.....hope your'e on board.
    Have a Gr8day.

Guru

Nice purchase of 1,000,000 shares bought @ .03.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Nice purchase of 1,000,000 shares bought @ .03.

.....welcome to the fold whoever that was!
    Have a Gr8day.

Advanced Member

Great to see a spring in the company's step.

It would be great to see information in the next report giving a very much clearer picture of the gross profit margin. It is hard to avoid the conclusion that the gross profit margin is pretty thin, since the revenue goes up but the profit doesn't change much. I've talked of controlling costs in the past, but I'm starting to wonder if the sale price simply needs increasing, so that the gross profit margin increases. I have compared BLT with Wellington Drive a bit lately, and they openly discuss their gross profit margin all the time and are always trying to improve it. BLT never discuss gross profit margin in their reports that I recall, but I presume they regularly discuss it internally anyway, being a manufacturing company. Distributors may not like the idea of a price rise, but it would presumably increase their profit too and thus their enthusiasm to push the product?

Shareholders always too like to know if the company has changed direction in any way. A lot of my frustration for the last few years was not personally being able to detect what direction the company was moving in. If a big change of directors at board level has resulted in some sort of change in direction, as might be wondered in light of recent news, then it would be desirable for shareholders to know what changes they are seeing now.

Anyway, a maiden full year profit is a good thing, and presumably there was positive cash flow too.
    Last edited by simla; 29-04-2019 at 06:42 AM.

.......all on track I believe SIMLA (good to have you back). There's a degree of positivity apparent now with the new Distributor iNova signed up and no doubt working hard on our behalf to promote product. I'm quietly hopeful we are sitting on the cusp of a turnaround...not unlike the WDT story you refer to. (Im a holder in both) The latest news releases give me further hope of things on the improve. Pleased to have " hung in there" for the previous couple of years while in the doldrums.
    Have a Gr8day.

Advanced Member

Be good to see the full report obviously.

By the way, I was talking about concentrating on the gross margin % rather than the gross margin $. Obviously the gross margin $ can go up quite easily, but getting the gross margin % up is the real key in the long run, and is also the one that WDT constantly discusses as their guiding objective.

The interest in BLT continues with a further 10% upwards movement today to 3.3.

Let's hope the market is not getting too far ahead of itself - we still need to see some real information from the company. Maybe we will get a market update at the time the annual report is released next month - was 18 May last year.

@Simla - suggest you email brian.watson@blis.co.nz with the matters you'd like an answer to and ask for them to be addressed in the update report. You might not get everything you want but maybe enlightenment on some of them.

EDIT: Now back to 3.2 - obviously someone got a bit over-excited earlier (probably including me!)

FURTHER EDIT: Back to 3.0 - definitely over-excitement this afternoon!
    Last edited by pierre; 30-04-2019 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Price change
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George