sharetrader
Page 612 of 764 FirstFirst ... 112512562602608609610611612613614615616622662712 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 7632
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Looked at it this morning at 6.5c and thought yeah nah ,6c for sure as long as the numbers stack up ,otherwise oh dear.
    Just had a brief read through the last couple of key announcements, and there was an element of Deja Vu - repeating how much their revenue had increased 74% (later mentioning their "trading" revenue up 77%). Some of it a rehash of progress already announced.

What I actually liked is when compared HY19 and HY18 - sales up by $2.3m, obviously a big push on marketing ($0.65m vs $0.25m), only small increase in wages (up $0.2m) and operating costs actually down by $0.15m. Don't know how sustainable operating costs are? However raw material was only $0.55m up, so raw material cost was about 24% of sales revenue.

However it does seem to getting to a stage of decent critical mass, and potential to pump out some margins with sales growth. Investment in marketing, but if they can keep staff and operating costs under control, then any growth should start to really fall to the bottom line.

Not sure where the PE of 43 comes from on the NZX website - by my reckoning at $0.07 PE is 51, based on $759k net for the last 6 months.

They seem to be bullish in the announcements, and if can keep up the sales trajectory, then potential further upside. Fail to meet this or underperform and think will be punished. I've always like the A2 approach - underpromise/overperform.

I've always thought BLT still need to do a share consolidation at some stage......
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 11-01-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Looked at it this morning at 6.5c and thought yeah nah ,6c for sure as long as the numbers stack up ,otherwise oh dear.
    The old gut-o-meter eh mate
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-01-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I see BLIS are now a sponser (and on the jersey) of the Otago Highlanders.

Leave it to the SH to decide if this is $ well spent for where the company is at....

percy

As a true Canterbury/Crusaders supporter,I think Blis have made an excellent choice,as The Highlanders are a highly respected team, who always play good honest rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    I see BLIS are now a sponser (and on the jersey) of the Otago Highlanders.

Leave it to the SH to decide if this is $ well spent for where the company is at....
    Well it seems to be working for the SP at least. Maybe [that other Dunedin-based company] should try the same approach!

Wonder if we are going to see a performance update this week which may explain the post Christmas rush on the share price.

Was having a chat with sharebroker yesterday and when we moved to the health sector, without prompting from me the first thing he mentioned was Blis and buy, buy, buy. Had a bit of explanation but in a nutshell thought that 2020 was moving year for them and they were seeing/hearing key indicators being positive. Now in my portfolio. Here’s hoping.

What with the recent fires in Australia, what effect if anything will this have on sales there?

I'm imagining a tsunami of people going into the pharmacy looking for something for their sore throats...

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    I'm imagining a tsunami of people going into the pharmacy looking for something for their sore throats...

........good point YAH, you may well be on the money.
    Have a Gr8day.