sharetrader
Page 592 of 763 FirstFirst ... 92492542582588589590591592593594595596602642692 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 7628

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer01 View Post
    this is the most excited I've been with BLT for 15 years!! Certainly seems to be a little more awareness and promotion with their products at chemist shops. Unsolicited the chemist promoted the product for my daughters sore throat saying it is a great product and would greatly help. Hoping they are cash flow positive so they can further invest in sales and marketing campaigns....
    Also on the news today the groing concerns on paediatric tooth decay, BLIS Toothguard may the right product at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    BLT results to be announced on 28 th May, what are we expecting ?
    I should have been paying more attention, below is an extract from there announcement on 1st April (day after closing books on FY19). Based on this it must be very close to figures below confirming a maiden profit. But also hoping for an increased forecast for FY20. I should have been buying more on 1st April, or even last week.

"We expect reported revenue for FY19 to be close to $8.3 million, EBITDA close to $0.85 million and a net surplus before tax of around $0.35 million. These figures are subject to completion of the annual audit. This is an increase on the previous guidance for FY19 of revenue in excess of $7.0m, EBITDA in excess of $0.6m and a small net surplus before tax.

Brian Watson, CEO of Blis Technologies said “The revisions are as a result of strong orders from all markets including Australasia, Asia, Europe and North America. Significant additional orders were filled in the last week of March to meet the Australian launch announced last week.”

“Our products are now available on shelves across Australia’s network of over 5,000 pharmacies. Although it is early in the launch of the expanded range we have seen a positive response from pharmacies with significant orders being filled late in the quarter to meet demand. These orders will be captured in our FY19 result and we expect to also see a significant positive impact on financial performance for the new financial year.”

While I am definitely anticipating some positive news from BLT
    tomorrow, I do fear that today's excitement may be somewhat overshadowed by the numbers in the actual FY19 result.

"We expect reported revenue for FY19 to be close to $8.3 million, EBITDA close to $0.85 million and a net surplus before tax of around $0.35 million. These figures are subject to completion of the annual audit. This is an increase on the previous guidance for FY19 of revenue in excess of $7.0m, EBITDA in excess of $0.6m and a small net surplus before tax."

Not sure that a company making a profit of 2-3 hundred thousand is really worth $44 million. but stranger things have happened e.g. XRO.

Still, it will be the forward looking commentary that will create the greatest interest and hopefully will justify today's SP action.

The truth is my substantial BLT holding is today showing a gain in excess of 100% and while I'm really just preparing myself for this to drop back a bit tomorrow, I'm also hopeful that the SP surge may hold or increase. I think it's called hedging your bets!

Outside thinking.

Bonne chance Pierre I wish you well today. You have had more patience than me. That said, BLT is a sentimental favourite, and may yet return to my portfolio. Watching with interest.

GLH.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Bonne chance Pierre I wish you well today. You have had more patience than me. That said, BLT is a sentimental favourite, and may yet return to my portfolio. Watching with interest.

GLH.
    Yes a sentimental favourite for me too, one of the first shares I decided to dabble in. I sold the last of my small holding yesterday to fund other things, but I will continue to watch with interest. They must surely be going to consolidate some time in the future?

Interesting
    "Key growth opportunities for the company in FY20 include Canada, China cross-border and Daigou markets, market expansion in Asia and Africa with iNova Pharmaceuticals and expansion of our online sales.”

The Daigou market worked very well for ATM.

Advanced Member

Change:

• Negative cash flow, but an increase in working capital, and the cash was recouped shortly after balance date they said (p9).
    • Profit
    • A much more informative annual report, absolutely top notch effort.

(000s) 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
    Revenue 1161 1322 2631 5661 6547 5288 8406
    Total Expenses 2959 2863 4004 6477 6571 6330 8025
    Profit/Loss -1856 -1541 -1373 -816 -24 -1042 +381
    Net cash flow (ex finance) -1110 -1324 -1516 -919 -71 -358 -713
    Working capital 909 * 3753 2519 1927 2253 1548 2315 * Included share issue
    Source: Annual reports. I have checked the figures carefully, but check them yourself if relying on them.

Points of interest:

• Made NZ figures available seperately again, good.
    • Branded product growth finally significant, although it might be possible to view that as mostly the Aus launch maybe?
    • Next years EDITDA is only projected to match this years (covering announcement)
    • The level of confidence, despite the patent situation, makes me wonder if they have a nice new product in the pipeline? But that would consume a lot of capital, so who knows. Maybe it is just the branding that is giving the confidence?
    • "Strong sales growth into Japan" sounds welcome.
    • Mention of China, admitting it is hard, but looking at "Daigou channels" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daigou

The phrase "cost of goods sold" did appear in the report (p43), but did not appear to actually reveal that. I don't really understand. The fine print (p49) also mentioned "contribution margins pre-personnel costs of 73% (12.5% post tax) have been applied in these projections". Maybe that was useful information (?), and maybe it would imply a good profit if volumes were higher? I don't understand. It would be nice to see some open discussion of the underlying profit maths of the company.

The company still has plenty of challenges ahead, but that report of operations looked a lot tighter, to my eyes at least. Well done indeed.

Nevertheless, I still do not understand what the company sees in the future. The strategy now seems (to me) to resemble the rolling maul, which has been described as "the remorseless progress, with the tryline coming ever closer." Is it a case of relentlessly pushing forward on as many fronts as possible, so that victory is achieved by the simple process of never giving up? Well, obviously that can be very effective if so. But maybe that is the strategy, or maybe something else is. I still did not get a sense of what strategy is the priority of the company. But maybe I'm not reading things right.

Well, as always, that's merely what I saw. Other views always welcome.
    Last edited by simla; 31-05-2019 at 08:43 AM.

.....nicely analysed then summarized SIMLA (if not perhaps OVER analysed!), thanks for putting in the time. I guess we should be celebrating this maiden profit as it is indeed a huge milestone for the company........hopefully just the beginning. I like their use of the word "sustainable" on a couple of occasions........even more so than "maiden profit" to be frank. Lets hope they continue down the current track as it's clearly working and we see a steady growth in both earnings/profit and also the SP (rather than over the top exuberance).
    Have a Gr8day.

Advanced Member

Well, Blis finally has a profit and a PE. So ends book two.

Book one was all the hard work done by John Tagg bringing this amazing idea to a feasible result. I wrote to the Honours people a few years ago to nominate him for something, but of course the awards are really for politicians and the like and nothing came of it.

Book two has just completed, and that was about turning the idea into a profitable listed company. What an impressive journey that has been too. World wide markets have been opened and the idea of oral probiotics are now an accepted concept around the world. Amazing. Obviously just a few people did the heavy lifting for that, but we shareholders can nevertheless pat ourselves on the back for standing staunch through some pretty difficult years.

And now book three is an empty book. What does the future hold? Not only is the company hoping to build on the markets it has, but it is looking to expand into other products. No doubt the journey will hold some perilous times, and we hope it will having some wonderful victories obviously.

Gr8day, you obviously look forward to book three. Myself, my story was largely about book two. I am no longer a shareholder, and imagine my involvement in this next journey will be as a spectator. My batteries run lower.

Blis-watching has been, and is, a fascinating sport.

Pity your'e no longer a shareholder SIMLA as you've hung in there for sooooooooo long now.....esp considering that some real progress has recently been made and the Maiden Profit finally arrived! I do believe that the "very good times" are yet to come and quite possibly not that far ahead...........indeed this growth could well become exponential if and when things fall into place (or rather "guided" into place by the new board.....who appear to be working together well in this respect) Im confident to continue with further Share purchases at these levels............6c next stop maybe. Oral probiotics has a very sound future in my opinion and Blis is the world leader. Hope you get back on board again at some stage....till then all the best.
    Have a Gr8day.