sharetrader
Page 632 of 764 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642682732 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Same here. Just placed a $150 order, (not on BLT), brokerage was $0.75
    WHY NOT?
    Hard to go past a Company where demand for its product exceeds its ability to fill orders.
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    WHY NOT?
    Hard to go past a Company where demand for its product exceeds its ability to fill orders.
    Nothing wrong with BLT, I already have some, it would put me out of balance if I added more, and there's other stocks I want to pick up first before more BLT!

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Nothing wrong with BLT, I already have some, it would put me out of balance if I added more, and there's other stocks I want to pick up first before more BLT!
    I've ridden the waves with BLT since 2005. I have added to my holding during the company's many trials, tribulations and false starts - at one point buying a large number of shares at 0.7 cents each so my average cost is now less than 2c. I've never sold a single share and always believed there was a great future for the business.

As a result of of the current market volatility and the upward trend in its SP BLT has shot up to 20% of my 7 figure portfolio. I still don't intend to sell any and will wait patiently for ATM, HGH and a number of others eventually to do the re-balancing for me. In the meantime, there probably will be more ups and downs with BLT but I am really looking forward to the FY20 results - and the forecast for next year.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I've ridden the waves with BLT since 2005. I have added to my holding during the company's many trials, tribulations and false starts - at one point buying a large number of shares at 0.7 cents each so my average cost is now less than 2c. I've never sold a single share and always believed there was a great future for the business.

As a result of of the current market volatility and the upward trend in its SP BLT has shot up to 20% of my 7 figure portfolio. I still don't intend to sell any and will wait patiently for ATM, HGH and a number of others eventually to do the re-balancing for me. In the meantime, there probably will be more ups and downs with BLT but I am really looking forward to the FY20 results - and the forecast for next year.

My post was more about the sharesies brokerage in response to previous posters, not meaning to poo-poo BLT at all, if that is how people are taking it? Perhaps not the best place to post it, however this is where the question was raised... In time I will be buying more BLT, however, not while my portfolio has 0 shares of the other companies I want to buy, and some number of BLT dhares

Outside thinking.

Well done Pierre! Your long view is a good example of how to get to a 7 figure portfolio.

Yeah I admire that Pierre, to be honest I think that idea of bringing your cost average down that much is amazing, will pay off significantly. Who knows when, but when it does, it'll net you a ridiculous return over entering and exiting a lot in the short term which increases your chances of missing a significant milestone

I can go back further, or can I, to an issue, the maximum take up was $ 15,000 worth, ( I took two lots) I can’t remember the cost per share but the shares on allocation were worth a lot more than the cost. This was clear when terms of the offer made but not a lot of shareholders took up their entitlement. Perhaps that was about the 0.7 but I think earlier. Someone will have a better memory.
    Last edited by patrick; 08-04-2020 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Correction
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

So in a year or two, when we are all allowed to shake hands again and this corona-virus is forgotten, will BLT be making money?
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    I can go back further, or can I, to an issue, the maximum take up was $ 15,000 worth, ( I took two lots) I can’t remember the cost per share but the shares on allocation were worth a lot more than the cost. This was clear when terms of the offer made but not a lot of shareholders took up their entitlement. Perhaps that was about the 0.7 but I think earlier. Someone will have a better memory.
    I checked my records and bought 1m shares at 0.7 in October 2012. A year later, October 2013, I bought another larger lot at 1 cent. I think one of those purchases was when BLT converted preference shares into ordinary capital to avoid having to pay interest - can't recall which one it was though.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Investor

I checked my records and bought 1m shares at 0.7 in October 2012. A year later, October 2013, I bought another larger lot at 1 cent. I think one of those purchases was when BLT converted preference shares into ordinary capital to avoid having to pay interest - can't recall which one it was though.
    Good on ya pierre for believing in your conviction.