sharetrader
Page 443 of 447 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447 LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 6705

Thread: BLT (Blis)

[QUOTE=Pricey;817260]
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post

I am always a little bit suspicious of pharmacy staff and their recommendations. I recently (well, a couple of years ago) looked at some vitamin supply contracts entered into with pharmacies and most of it was about building an incentive scheme for pharmacists depending on how many sales they achieve of the particular product (basically it was a nationwide competition with $$ rewards). Despite being a strong product, sales will also be dependent on how strong the Blis agreements are with the pharmacies e.g. product placement within the shop and recommendation rewards.
    I agree, I don't always take the recommendations of Pharmacy staff, as I feel they sometimes have their own financial agenda

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Often seen advertised in the pharmacy mailers. Also in the Countdown pharmacy section occasionally.

There has been a big push with UltraBlis. Check out some of the links below for an insight into this, and other general activity. I note their advertising budget is still tiny so I'm actually quite surprised they have been able to afford all the advertising on buildings, buses and at events. Sponsorship is obviously a big things for Blis...sports teams and events.

https://blis.co.nz/blogs/journal

https://www.instagram.com/blistechnologies/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXD...AcTDgAPOC_fIGA

https://www.facebook.com/BLISTechnologiesLtd

They released a series of videos over the past few weeks about immunity in response to Covid.

I don't watch broadcast TV, nor do I listen to radio that has ads so can't comment on that side of things.

If you start Googling Blis then ads will start popping up everywhere so Blis are spending some coin with Google.

Their products are sponsored on Amazon.

I have also noticed a lot of radio advertising, must have heard 4 adverts in 2 hours of driving yesterday. They also have a large billboard for UltraBlis on Customhouse Quay in wgtn. They also have their name all over the Highlanders.
    My biggest worry at the moment is they are spending all our profits on advertising, but hopefully it is okay if sales are still growing. My preference is to spend money on marketing in large oversea's markets rather than NZ.

I must get out more, obviously
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Nothing to do with Blis but I took part in an Otago Uni clinical study on probiotics on ones health.

After six months taking their pills the results were apparently what they were hoping for (like good changes) ....then they told me I was taking the placebo.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

Looked at the Southern Steel promotion; not impressive.
    Last edited by patrick; 24-05-2020 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Correction
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

An interesting article. Nothing to do with Blis directly, but very interesting that "New Image has increased production by 50% in response to higher demand from the Covid 19 pandemic" ... due to a "75% increase in demand through its direct selling channel".

It will be interesting to see if Blis has been tarred with a similar brush when it reports...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...=CE-TA-DND-BUS
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Dramatic spike in rheumatic fever in New Zealand.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...-in-wellington
    Last edited by artemis; 25-05-2020 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Fixed link, thanks Drew95.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Dramatic spike in rheumatic fever in New Zealand.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...subsidies.html
    Incorrect link???
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

Their results must come out in the next couple of days right? I also see a new appointment has been made..

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Nothing to do with Blis but I took part in an Otago Uni clinical study on probiotics on ones health.

After six months taking their pills the results were apparently what they were hoping for (like good changes) ....then they told me I was taking the placebo.
    That's how every supplement works

Seems SausageDog has got a promotion
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

With BLT my biggest concern is the current management. I'm not confident that they have the vision required to make BLT an international success but hope they prove me wrong.
    You made the above comment a couple of weeks back Left field.

Brian Watson speaks well of Frank Spiewack in today's announcement that after joining BLT in November last year, Frank is now a member of the executive team.

Frank brings to the Blis leadership group a wealth of experience in
    developing international markets and establishing strong distribution
    relationships which are critical to our growth aspirations.

I didn't know Frank was on board or anything about him until today's announcement. His LinkedIn profile backs up Brian's comment and shows that he's had plenty of international experience.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/frankspiewack/

We will know tomorrow or Friday how much value Frank (and Brian) have delivered in international growth.

I'm contemplating now whether the full year announcement and the FY21 guidance will cause the SP to head closer to 10 cents or drop back below 8. Anyone willing to take a punt on Friday's close?

My pick: 9.7c

A virtual chocolate fish for whoever is closest to the mark.

Bonne chance
    Pierre

0.092. Early spike sends it above 0.10 but then dropping. Far too many people will be cashing up I think.
    Last edited by keenkiwiflyer; 27-05-2020 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

No longer in but predict spike to >0.10, failure to break resistance level and back down UNLESS news about ongoing sales growth spillover to Q1 FY21, in which case FOMO might drive it higher.