sharetrader
Page 560 of 764 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570610660 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 7632
    Advanced Member

Stunned silence?

Well, fair enough. The last couple of years have left shareholders feeling a bit lost as to what is going on - or me anyway, which is why I finally gave up.

But actually this last report seems to suggest the company has set making a profit as their top priority now, with talk of disappointment at the loss, watching costs ("cost containment measures taken in line with the 1HY18 trading revenue performance"), and generally seemingly a recognition that they need to make a profit with the business that they have rather than yearning too greatly for what they want to do next. And there was even information about the individual markets, including reasonably overall indications that revenue should resume.

Of course, that's me reading a lot into a few tea leaves. The company continues its current tradition of talking with bullet points instead of clear lengthy narrative. And yet whenever anyone puts up a slide of bullet points they immediately set about a lengthy explanation of what they mean because bullet points are not clear communication - in my opinion anyway. It would be nice to see the lengthy explanation in the annual report if you ask me. Yes, that can be quite a bit of extra work but actually the shareholders own the company and are paying the wages and salaries and directors' fees and the shareholders should be told what is happening in a company even if that costs money to do. In my opinion, as always.

So, yes, a couple of years of lack of positive excitement for shareholders. But it is just possible that the coming year may actually see a half respectable result. Or not. Who knows!

Just my random thoughts as always.
    Last edited by simla; 22-05-2018 at 11:26 AM.

I have to admit to feeling stunned that they managed to go from nearly breaking even last year to 1m deficit this year.

I think the other thing that surprised me is that the majority of their revenue came from 3 main customers. Which explains why when 1 goes sideways it has this massive impact.

But I live in hope, even though I sold off a few shares to put into something that might help address some losses. I still have belief in the products.

It will be interesting to see what their 6 monthly figures will be like later in the year.

A2 struggled like this for years and years (decades) as well

Keep the faith
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Keep the faith
    if blis becomes the next A2 I will be a very happy punter!

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Stunned silence?

Well, fair enough. .............................. Or not. Who knows!

Just my random thoughts as always.
    Yeah, not sure what to do now

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Keep the faith
    Hard to keep the faith when your estimated time for it to take off has not been met really. It's definitely not a XRO or A2.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Yeah, not sure what to do now
    Yes, well there are always two questions. 1. What are the prospects for this company? 2. Should I personally be invested in this company?

I personally find it hard to understand what the company are trying to communicate about the future. I just think it would be great if they spent some money getting feedback on their communication from someone who understands the investment world.

So, 1: It is hard for me to see what is likely to happen for this company but that does not mean it will be either good or bad, just unknown for me at least. So that I ended up at 2: I did not personally feel I was "investing" any more so much as guessing and so I sold my shares.

However, question 1 remains. It is possible things will go well eventually, maybe not. I have sold and so will not be part of it going well should it do so. Good move? Bad move? Who knows.

All I was trying to add in the above post was that they sound more focused on winning now, including controlling costs, and celebrating their ingredient sales, and that might be a good thing. Certainly their financials remain nothing to write home about, but on the other hand they did just survive a pretty tight spot so maybe they live to fight a winning battle from here on in? But ... who knows? I've been wishing this company would communicate better for two years now.
    Last edited by simla; 22-05-2018 at 03:43 PM.

well put simla good post I suspect most here would agree with you,I just put my shares in a bottom draw as the value of them negates selling them,you never know someone someday might do something positive.

Did the same with Bond brewing in the 80's got a nice check from Lion Nathan a few years later

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Yes, well there are always two questions. 1. What are the prospects for this company? 2. Should I personally be invested in this company?.
    In my case the answers are;

1.) After the last years results I gave my remaining shares a stern talking to. I see some improvements as BLT edges towards a profit with improved marketing, but I fear BLT no longer the 'world beater' bio tech stock that we hoped it would be.
    2.) I rate BLT a low conviction hold, and for me it is completely de-risked, as my remaining shares are 'free hold'. (I have taken out most of my profits as at one stage this was a 3 bagger for me.)

Like Steveb it's bottom drawer stuff and only rates that 'cos I'm rather sentimental and free-hold.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 22-05-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    but I fear BLT no longer the 'world beater' bio tech stock that we hoped it would be.
    I'm guessing they might reply that the switch to a marketing-oriented company is about building up the value of the trademarks and generally constructing the corporate infrastructure to support multiple products over time to leverage those trade marks, as opposed to the prior stage of the firm being about getting K12 out into the market for maximum market penetration. And that therefore there could indeed be an interesting future ahead.

But that is quite simply a guess as I do not recall reading anything they have said that amounts to that statement. I am merely guessing from their actions which seem to me to be consistent with that aim. I could easily be wrong.