sharetrader
Page 669 of 764 FirstFirst ... 169569619659665666667668669670671672673679719 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 7632

Have cashed up at least the value of the initial investment and still have "free" shares left.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dln View Post
    Have cashed up at least the value of the initial investment and still have "free" shares left.
    You should write a book.

This has held up better than i thought.Early days, but there seems to be some appetite left.Well done for those who got in early

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by free held?
    It's my term for using the upward momentum of a share (if we are so fortunate) to recoup your original investment.

For example; Say you bought 100,000 BLT at 4c and the SP has doubled to the current 8 or 9c. You can then sell half your holding and recoup your original investment, so you are de-risked and 'free-hold' the remaining 50,000 shares which you can sit back and hold for the long term. Meanwhile you can take your original investment and find another share to diversify into.

Rinse and repeat as needed. There are many variations of this but the principle is to 'free hold' your shares and keep your original 'capital' working hard elsewhere as you diversify.

My first Free hold was ATM, and over time I've worked my original capital into decent size free holdings in PLX, SKO, and BLT. As you can see it works best with small caps that grow fast. It favours tax free capital gains.

Having recouped my original investment I sleep much easier and am more better placed to ride out tough market conditions as encountered this year.

Hope that helps however, as usual DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    It's my term for using the upward momentum of a share (if we are so fortunate) to recoup your original investment.

For example; Say you bought 100,000 BLT at 4c and the SP has doubled to the current 8 or 9c. You can then sell half your holding and recoup your original investment, so you are de-risked and 'free-hold' the remaining 50,000 shares which you can sit back and hold for the long term. Meanwhile you can take your original investment and find another share to diversify into.

Rinse and repeat as needed. There are many variations of this but the principle is to 'free hold' your shares and keep your original 'capital' working hard elsewhere as you diversify.

My first Free hold was ATM, and over time I've worked my original capital into decent size free holdings in PLX, SKO, and BLT. As you can see it works best with small caps that grow fast. It favours tax free capital gains.

Having recouped my original investment I sleep much easier and am more better placed to ride out tough market conditions as encountered this year.

Hope that helps however, as usual DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.
    Those shares are your profit. So why not call them profit shares? They weren't free at any stage.

Fungus,
    Just say thanks, I was ignorant.
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Fungus,
    Just say thanks, I was ignorant.
    I find free held shares a strange term, and very much doubt that many actually know what the poster means. I would hazard a guess that some would assume it means the shares are owned without any encumbrance. It's interesting that in real estate 'freehold' is widely misused even though it is a legal definition referring to land tenure, which in its simplest sense means 'not leasehold.' Almost all residential properties in NZ are freehold although only a third are mortgage free (unencumbered). So - happy to admit to being ignorant, but can't go as far as saying thanks.

I find free held shares a strange term, and very much doubt that many actually know what the poster means. I would hazard a guess that some would assume it means the shares are owned without any encumbrance. It's interesting that in real estate 'freehold' is widely misused even though it is a legal definition referring to land tenure, which in its simplest sense means 'not leasehold.' Almost all residential properties in NZ are freehold although only a third are mortgage free (unencumbered). So - happy to admit to being ignorant, but can't go as far as saying thanks.

Hi fungus - I was paid 5.2 cents to hold my Blis shares. That’s better than free eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

I find free held shares a strange term
    Just wanted to say that I did not, and would not use the term 'ignorant.'

You have been posting longer and have made many more posts than me. I'm sure you can call 'free hold' shares whatever you like. It's merely the term I use. Each to their own.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Just wanted to say that I did not, and would not use the term 'ignorant.'

You have been posting longer and have made many more posts than me. I'm sure you can call 'free hold' shares whatever you like. It's merely the term I use. Each to their own.
    Use it by all means - just don't expect to be understood by all and sundry. Post in Swahili if you wish to, but don't be surprised or offended if asked for a translation occasionally.