sharetrader
Page 102 of 764 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 7632
    Advanced Member

Not bad for The Warehouse, but Costco have plenty of competition. Woolworths not that surprising as everybody has to buy food and there's not much choice. Thanks for that though.

I found this link which is dated 6/01/10, although there is probably nothing much new in the content http://unlimited.co.nz/unlimited.nsf...gies-on-the-up

Today's ASB Securities/ShareChat Daily Brief included a link to this:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...seeks-partners

Advanced Member

Good to see coverage of Blis ever so slowly coming to light.

I can't believe how far Blis has got on the upswing while the world holds its breath on the down swing in things more general. An interesting race, but the further Blis gets now the better it will withstand whatever may (or may not) be about to unfold in the wider world. Governments' debts can't continually expand exponentially without there being consequence sooner or later. As usual, I feel Blis's ability to expand will exceed the world's desire to contract, but I'd say it could nevertheless make for interesting times yet.

Not much of interest in this but I thought I would post anyway:
    http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/...cals-target-US

CulturedCare has started its free gum giveaway thing on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/CulturedCare

They have picked up 40 new followers in the last two and a half hours.

Their followers count is now up to 173.

It will be interesting to see how rapid the growth is. A little like rabbits breeding I suspect...

Advanced Member

The chewing gum twitter giveaway campaign is quite clever. To get a free packet of gum, you have to be one of the first 1000 to send out a twitter about the gum to other people. Since you also have to have at least 20 followers of your tweets, then the first such 1000 tweets should theoretically be read by at least 20,000 people (and they have to be in Canada.)

I think you can follow people who are doing it by pasting the following line into google:

site:twitter.com "Probiotic gum?! First 1000 get it free!"

Going for 'latest' or 'updates' in google seems to get a better result. After just a few hours (and the search engine must presumably be behind time too), I have already found 9, and presumably it multiplies out like ripples, since each reader of a tweet can (I think) then retweet without having ever seen the actual chewing gum website, or been a follower of cultured care.

Will it work? Depends how much people notice tweets maybe? But, in any case, at least 1000 people are going to get to try the gum, which itself is a good seed.

(I'm not much of an expert on twitter. Can anyone tell me just why someone might choose to be a follower of the cultured care twitter, or any other company's twitter?)
    Last edited by simla; 08-01-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Advanced Member

Half an hour later, and there are 54 entries on google. Looks like 1000 may not take long. I wonder how you decide if a campaign like this achieved what you wanted?

I was in a shop yesterday and there was another customer at the counter who had REALLY bad breath! I suppose most people would be too coy to tell him - alas if only I could have slipped him some of that new gum or twittered him about his problem - I would be surprised if he could ever keep a girlfriend. I can sort of figure out how Facebook works but Twitter has me defeated - maybe I am too old..... It would seem to be a great way to spread the news about the product though. I will be watching the Twitter site with interest. Thanks Simla for the info.

Probiotic Gum

Published January 6, 2010

Frutarom and Tab Labs have collaborated to introduce a probiotic gum that features BLIS K12 oral probiotic bacteria, which is recognized as an immune system booster. This functional gum, designed for adults as well as children, is available in Mint and Fruit flavors. The BLIS K12 dose per serving (one piece) is 20 mg—an amount shown to help boost immune system protection, according to the companies.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    The chewing gum twitter giveaway campaign is quite clever. To get a free packet of gum, you have to be one of the first 1000 to send out a twitter about the gum to other people. Since you also have to have at least 20 followers of your tweets, then the first such 1000 tweets should theoretically be read by at least 20,000 people (and they have to be in Canada.)
    Actually if there is a lot of cross over it may not be read by many more than 1000 people. i.e. you are tweeting, you have twenty followers, and they all have the same twenty followers as you the numbers don't swell they way you would first think.

But, I suspect it will be seen my many many more than 20,000 people. Reasons:
    1) Many participants will have far more than twenty followers
    2) Many tweet recipients won't live in Canada, but they will receive the tweet anyway
    3) Many people who send the tweet won't understand the terms and conditions (residential country, complete profile, twenty followers etc) and therefore won't be eligible to be one of the 1,000 recipients.

I think what this will achieve is get a lot of people seeing the words Blis K12 for the first time. It will create some brand awareness. It will obviously do the same for the CulturedCare Probiotic Gum. Many of the tweet recipients won't be able to buy the gum but it will get some thinking...

I think it is an excellent way to spread the word.

42 Below did a similar thing years ago with flash files that were emailed all over the place as they were funny. That was a great way to get their brand out there for very little money. At the time, many recipients wouldn't have been able to buy the vodka in their country, or didn't drink vodka, but it was still a cheap way to spread the word...

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    (I'm not much of an expert on twitter. Can anyone tell me just why someone might choose to be a follower of the cultured care twitter, or any other company's twitter?)
    I'm not into Twitter but I suspect it is a little like being a fan of a company/product/whatever on FaceBook. If you are interested in something you become a fan and then you receive information about that company/product/whatever.