sharetrader
Page 2 of 763 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scuffer View Post
    Impatient I can understand your frustration and I'm of the same frame of mind, they need to get themselves out there in the full glow of the media and the bad breathed public but I also think little old NZ is not the place for a company like this to try to blaze the trail they have to get exposure in america europe and asia, only then will we see their products starting to sell at big enough numbers to have an effect on the sp.
    Scuffer, I agree. There is not a lot of value in spending marketing $ on little old NZ. There are bigger fish to fry (we hope).

Impatient

Cool Neglect NZ?

At first glance it makes absolute sense, Chippie - there's a much bigger market elsewhere than NZ. But if Blis management couldn't even market the products in little old NZ properly, why would or should we trust them to be able to do that overseas; the world hasn't exactly been craving Blis for the last few years (or we would have seen better sales in Blis' previous overseas efforts).

Marketing (eg TV ads) in those large markets is excessively expensive compared to NZ, and leaving all that to overseas distributors means giving up complete control over your brand (plus you have no idea whether these distributors are doing anything anyway).

Blis had years and years to build a solid domestic business and form a basis for global expansion. Anything else is like taking the second step before the first. And as for their recent AGM preso - geez, haven't we all heard these great announcements before?! I do hope it's not gonna take another 5-6 years before we see some decent sales.

Chippie, are you working with Blis or how come you have your private hotline to Barry? ;-) Not surprised by your unshakeable support for their management then...

Hopefuly the rights issue will be annouced soon.
    Maybe we will get some positive info then, to boost
    the share price.

I just email Blt from the email address on their web site. Someone has always responded to my questions.

I can not disagree with your comments about the promises from BLT. I have been a holder for a number of years.

Before Barry joined I had written of my investment. But the two recent deals that Barry has signed up have given me renewed hope.

Still BLT is a spec share so high risk is the name of the game.

BLIS Technologies Ltd (NZX: BLT), developer and manufacturer of BLIS K12, an advanced oral probiotic for the prevention of upper airways infection and the treatment of chronic bad breath, has recently announced that it been granted US patent for its latest strain of advanced oral probiotic called "MIA".

"MIA is very closely related to our existing K12 range of probiotic products, which is found in the New Zealand retail sector and was the active ingredient behind a novel Australian halitosis product that recently appeared on the TV3 programme, Campbell Live " according to BLIS, Chief Scientific Officer, Dr Chris Chilcott. "What makes MIA unique; however, is that this new strain has been shown to be very effective in protecting teeth from dental plaque, which is known to be a major contributor to tooth decay . We believe the new MIA probiotic can be used to suppress levels of Streptococcus mutans, the principal cause of dental plaques. Streptococcus mutans converts dietary refined sugar to lactic acid. The lactic acid, in turn, erodes the mineral in enamel and dentin, which weakens the tooth resulting in tooth decay.

Dr Chilcott indicated that dental caries or tooth decay, is a worldwide epidemic that affects the majority of populations in both industrialized and developing countries. According to the World Health Organization, tooth decay is the most prevalent infectious disease, affecting approximately 5 billion people.

"This represents a major milestone in our research and development programme, and sends a clear signal that BLIS is not a single product company" Dr Barry Richardson, BLIS CEO, said today, "we have been planning a solid platform of technology that addresses a broad array of potential application areas."

BLIS has indicated that they have already started early discussions with some major international companies around the commercial opportunities for their new probiotic, MIA; but would not be drawn on specific details at this early stage. BLIS Technologies Ltd did however recently announce that it had entered into "letter of intent" to evaluate and potentially develop global product and market opportunities based on BLIS's advanced probiotics technology, with Dutch food ingredient giant, DSM Nutritionals (formally Roche Vitamins). It is expected that this would also include opportunities for the new MIA strain.
    Snake-eye

Quote Originally Posted by snake-eye View Post
    BLIS Technologies Ltd (NZX: BLT), developer and manufacturer of BLIS K12, an advanced oral probiotic for the prevention of upper airways infection and the treatment of chronic bad breath, has recently announced that it been granted US patent for its latest strain of advanced oral probiotic called "MIA".

"MIA is very closely related to our existing K12 range of probiotic products, which is found in the New Zealand retail sector and was the active ingredient behind a novel Australian halitosis product that recently appeared on the TV3 programme, Campbell Live " according to BLIS, Chief Scientific Officer, Dr Chris Chilcott. "What makes MIA unique; however, is that this new strain has been shown to be very effective in protecting teeth from dental plaque, which is known to be a major contributor to tooth decay . We believe the new MIA probiotic can be used to suppress levels of Streptococcus mutans, the principal cause of dental plaques. Streptococcus mutans converts dietary refined sugar to lactic acid. The lactic acid, in turn, erodes the mineral in enamel and dentin, which weakens the tooth resulting in tooth decay.

Dr Chilcott indicated that dental caries or tooth decay, is a worldwide epidemic that affects the majority of populations in both industrialized and developing countries. According to the World Health Organization, tooth decay is the most prevalent infectious disease, affecting approximately 5 billion people.

"This represents a major milestone in our research and development programme, and sends a clear signal that BLIS is not a single product company" Dr Barry Richardson, BLIS CEO, said today, "we have been planning a solid platform of technology that addresses a broad array of potential application areas."

BLIS has indicated that they have already started early discussions with some major international companies around the commercial opportunities for their new probiotic, MIA; but would not be drawn on specific details at this early stage. BLIS Technologies Ltd did however recently announce that it had entered into "letter of intent" to evaluate and potentially develop global product and market opportunities based on BLIS's advanced probiotics technology, with Dutch food ingredient giant, DSM Nutritionals (formally Roche Vitamins). It is expected that this would also include opportunities for the new MIA strain.
    This announcement was made today (15 Aug, 2007 @ 10:33) to the NZX and yet you posted it yesterday? I read your post yesterday and searched the net a little and couldn't find it.

I am curious to know how you managed to post the same announcement a day early??

I found the news on google news yesterday.
    Snake eyes posted it after the news was released.
    But was pretty quick though.

Its great to see the improved communication from Blis!

Pure fluke on my part I assure you. Normally I read reports well after the share price horse has bolted. I've been looking at BLT for some time.

Regards,
    Snake-eye

after reading that report, this news could be the biggest thing that any NZ company has ever achived........ if they manage to achive it!!!
    as it mentions, the tooth decay patent could help people all over the world for many many years to come.
    the only thing i worry about is, if this takes off, some company could snap up blis for a song and leave us shareholders with a meger cash out.
    and talking of shareholders, most of the long term supporters of this company have had several years of watching their investments evaporate, will they hold on longer? will they dish out more cash in the issue of new shares? or will, at the cusp of a potentially massive turn around abandon the company to overseas interests, as seems to be the NZ way.
    will we be forever renouned as the land of the pineapple lump?

Please don't depresss me! As a long time holder and ever-the-optimist endlessly googling up K12 for snippets of news and sales reports I am heartened by developments. But, I do share your concerns.
    Snake-eye