sharetrader
Page 240 of 764 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340740 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 7632
    Advanced Member

No, but it would be good to know! We must get the agenda for the AGM soon (27 July) and I'm hoping we will get some hint then. One possibility is that they will want to hold some sort of vote on the issue at the AGM, in which case we will get details in advance. The listing rules allow them to raise a certain amount of cash without a shareholder vote, but only at the average recent price, I think, and other restrictions, and they may prefer instead to come to the shareholders with a proposal? And thanks for your kind comments the other day, Nigel.

Prof Tagg peddling his germs on RadioLive:
    http://www.radiolive.co.nz/We-share-...1/Default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Prof Tagg peddling his germs on RadioLive:
    http://www.radiolive.co.nz/We-share-...1/Default.aspx
    PT reckons the K12 icecream is launching nationally in July...

Advanced Member

Thanks, Emearg. Nine packets of K12 ice cream have sold in Thorndon in about six days (plus some more I bought). That seems like excellent uptake of a new concept. For myself, I don't think I'll be eating a full-fat ice cream regularly for my K12, but others may well - the "premium" ice cream section is about 40% in size of the ice cream section I notice. The stuff certainly tastes great. And they have a low-fat version too we were told a while back, and also yoghurt. Early days, but it shows the public seem to be in tune with probiotic food now. Incidentally, I also noted Oragenics probiotics are now for sale in the toothpaste section of the supermarket there (as lozenges I think, I didn't check.)
    Last edited by simla; 19-06-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Advanced Member

The K12 ice cream has been restocked at Thorndon, which is a good sign after a week. And from stock levels at other times my family have been there this week, it seems possible it has been restocked a couple of other times this week too. Hard to be sure of course, but clearly the thing is having no difficulty attracting customers anyway.

At least two Pharmicies in Christchurch VERY keen on Throat Guard.
    Tower Junction and Merivale.
    "You will not need anything else" !

Advanced Member

Mmm. Yes, the company said in the past that it wanted low fat but this is what they've launched now anyway. I find it a conflict as you say, between a luxury and a daily health benefit, which is no doubt why the company is looking to low fat. We'll see what they do next. Mind you, the premium ice cream section is just about as big as the Tip Top area in the supermarkets. And Blis have K12 yoghurt available too we know. Maybe we'll see that in a bit too.

But the company could be doing pretty well out of this in the meantime. My daughter just bought two more packets because the ice cream is so delicious, never mind the K12! There is no denying that the ice cream is truly delicious. The pineapple and chocolate one is a real hoot.

I saw the K12 ice cream in another city supermarket too, so it's rolling out. And I went back to Island Bay who had 42 ordinary punnets last week, and they've sold 27 in less than a week - about 4 a day. It's fascinating wondering what this is doing for cash flow. Expanding usually consumes working capital, but the ice cream turns over quickly so it is probably generating cash rather than consuming it. So if the K12 launch hasn't consumed even more cash (and that was probably in the last result not this one?) we might like the result. Will the AGM tell us more?

If Tagg is right that it will be nationwide this coming month, you'll all be able to see what you think yourselves. I've been surprised to discover that Gourmet ice cream has not often been absent from this house since it arrived here in Wellington. It's good.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Yoghurt, I could understand. But ice cream? Do people seeking to improve their overall health consume ice cream?
    I do Most nights I have some icecream. Is a nice treat and I can control the quantity. Unfortunately I have almost zero self control with lollies, chippies and chocolate so I tend to stick with icecream.

And in case you are wondering...although I'm not exactly a spring chicken anymore I don't weight anymore than I did when I was eighteen, and I am fitter than most eighteen year olds. All good things in moderation I reckon

And thanks to K12 I haven't had a day off work due to sickness in many years. And having started taking M18 earlier this year I no longer get plaque build up on the inside of my bottom teeth. The difference is absolutely startling actually! Try M18 for a couple of months and tell me I'm wrong!!

If Blis eventually release an icecream or yoghurt product with both K12 and M18 in it I will seriously consider swapping from lozenges to icecream or yoghurt.

Advanced Member

TV1 just ran a Throat Guard ad! 10 seconds, just before the weather, "More than just a lozenge", "probiotic", "guard and soothe your throat". Nice and professional. It had "Pharmabroker" in the last shot.

Good stuff.
    Last edited by simla; 27-06-2012 at 07:00 PM.

i saw that too...... good stuff!
    im still waiting for m18 in the local market........ THAT is something i really want to buy