sharetrader
Page 253 of 764 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by blissfool View Post
    No mention in this article about new product Q24 does anyone know what this is all about?
    It has been mentioned several times over the years. It is aimed at treating Acne. Not much else is known to us non science types...

Here's an abstract to some of Professor Tagg's 2012 research on Q24 - http://otago.ourarchive.ac.nz/handle/10523/2415

I've copied the last paragraph here for anyone who can't be bothered clicking through for the whole abstract:
    These findings provide encouraging evidence for the potential probiotic application of M. luteus Q24 to the prevention of cutaneous membrane infection. Of particular interest is the relatively high susceptibility of S. aureus strains to the M. luteus Q24 inhibitory compound(s). A beneficial public health application would be to assess the efficacy of M. luteus Q24 against methicillin resistant variants of S. aureus (MRSA), with the objective of colonising hospital personnel with M. luteus Q24 to decrease S. aureus carriage. Other important potential targets for M. luteus Q24 control are Propionibacterium spp., key aetiological agents of acne.

Is anyone into TA here? Not sure how well it applies to this stock, but I do notice the 10 day moving average passed through the 30 day a couple of weeks back, and the 30 day moving average is now crossing the 60 day. The shareprice obviously has broken through all of these. I'm not a TA guru but surely these are good signs!

Blisfool

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Is anyone into TA here? Not sure how well it applies to this stock, but I do notice the 10 day moving average passed through the 30 day a couple of weeks back, and the 30 day moving average is now crossing the 60 day. The shareprice obviously has broken through all of these. I'm not a TA guru but surely these are good signs!
    HI Nigel
    Can you elaborate on you comments for an Amatuer like myself, maybe even a wesite link

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blissfool View Post
    HI Nigel
    Can you elaborate on you comments for an Amatuer like myself, maybe even a wesite link

Thanks
    I'd better start with a disclaimer that I am in no way a financial advisor and you should always take opinions or info shared on sites like this with a degree of caution. I can elaborate on my comments, but - as I suggested - I'm not a guru on this stuff, so others should feel free to chip in as required.

As I understand it, moving averages simply average out the closing share price of a stock for a set number of days. For example, a 10 day moving average as at a particular date shows the average share price of the last 10 days. As it's a moving indicator, the following day, the 'oldest' share price data (from 10 days ago) drops off and is replaced by the closing price for the current day. Essentially, the moving average smooths out the share price and makes trends more obvious. A shorter term moving average like a 5 day or 10 day will be a bit more 'up and down' than a longer term average e.g. 30, 60, 120, 200 day - which will appear a lot smoother.

According to Technical Analysis, the way that moving averages intersect can provide buy or sell signals. When a shorter term averages rises up through a longer term average, it suggests a buy signal. When a shorter term moving average goes down through a longer term one, then that suggests a sell. It will never be an exact science, but a lot of people consider this stuff when timing their trades.

The following site may be of use: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...trading-c.html

I had noticed that recent share price movements for BLT have caused some shorter term moving averages to cross up through longer term averages - some may see this as a buy signal.

As always, do your own research and maybe consult a financial advisor for more accurate descriptions or advice.

"REL: 1101 HRS BLIS Technologies Limited

FORECAST: BLT: Revision of FY 2013 Guidance and SPP and Placement

31 August 2012
    BLT Revises FY2013 Guidance and Announces Share Purchase Plan and Placement
    Intention
    The Board of BLIS Technologies Ltd advises that the Company has revised its
    guidance for the financial year to 31 March 2013 to an operating deficit of
    $1.3m from the $0.8m advised in March and reaffirmed at its AGM in late July."

...and another SPP coming too.

My wife often says "won't it be great when our BLT shares are worth $1.00 each."

I think I'll be happy if they stay worth 1 cent each after this news!
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    a dozen pottles of icecream in a supermarket in Wellington
    No, but the same in Auckland would be cheering.

This will need watching certainly. The events of the conversion, plus the world's general panic, may not have placed the company in the best position to do an issue. On the other hand, they're projecting forwards to 2014, which is encouraging.

I expect I'll be a starter and the success of this presumably boils down to how many other shareholders do so. Do we have the grit to rollup our sleeves once more? It's the usual Blis story ... again: big challenges, and yet the company always seems to survive them. One day the challanges will cease - for good reason or bad!

Personally I'd settle on a share price way less than a dollar if only we could trade it for some calm certainty. Well, Blis still isn't that sort of share. We hope it will be. It's probably up to us shareholders presently. I hope the cost of the issue documentation at least gives us a clearer idea of where things lie.

The obvious difficulty is making an issue at a low price. But that price is open to all and the main problem is surely one of dilution for people who don't participate. There is also the need to find enough cash, but the top 20 shareholders owned 65% of the company in the last report, and have an incentive to particpate surely. Interesting to watch though.
    Last edited by simla; 31-08-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Hi Simla its great to see your posts again, I tried to PM you a month or so ago but your mailbox is closed.

Interesting times ahead. I am a bit worried about dilution as I dont have the funds to purchase much.
    Hopefully it will not be a Wellington Drive like rights issue (trading around 8 cents, rights at 1 cent)

At a guess I think Eion Edgar and the Board would be very keen to buy allot of shares at 1 cent. Fair enough we are all given the same opportunity.

I have lost allot of money on Blis shares, I agree you should never try to catch a falling knife. But basically I think the situation now is not much to lose, but allot to gain. Perhaps I am deluded but I still think Blis will be making profit of a couple of million in the next few years. Even the biggest critic of Blis could surely agree they have immense potential. The question is will they realise the potential.
    Obviously the main thing lacking is Sales (ironically wellington Drive has plenty). With the right distrubutor and time surely this can be fixed.
    Plus they have 2 products released with another getting ready Q24.

I contacted GIC about when ice cream will be available in Auckland. Apparently it will start becoming available after 3 September at some supermarkets.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by THEONE View Post
    I contacted GIC about when ice cream will be available in Auckland. Apparently it will start becoming available after 3 September at some supermarkets.
    That's brilliant. Thanks for that, TheOne. Auckland doubles their market size, and I have a feeling Gourmet will sell well in Auckland, both probiotic and otherwise. Sorry about the mailbox, but I just made the decision to change my commitment, and you can't do that in half measures.

It's very hard to know how to read that announcement. As with many of Blis's updates, it sounds like bad news on face value, and yet there isn't anything in it that is especially negative. As with all the announcements, we wait and find out.

As you say, a similiarity between Blis and WDT. Both doing the right things and both finding the market tough. I haven't got any WDT but I follow it with interest becasue I like what it stand for.

So, now it's time for some of you Aucklanders to let us know what you think of the ice cream!

Advanced Member

I wasn't here when Mr Shepherd resigned from the Board. Thank you for your many years of service to the company. We have been very lucky to have a Board that soldiers on at all times.