sharetrader
Page 290 of 763 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 7628
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Just! Um, I think getting major multinationals to back your product is thought to be a little work! But, yes, that's the issue. Blis has mentioned approaching multinationals for some years, and they hint they are getting some success, but no detail I believe.
    Didn't Nestle do a scientific study on them recently?

Nestle might be a bit optimistic but they should have a sales person camped out at Fonterra!!!
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I agree emearg - if they can finally get sales going, then the possibilities are endless. My only concern is that the improved revenues may still be some time off, and in the near-term we have the small issue of all of the compulsorily-acquired shares being sold on-market.

Depending on how many shares need to be sold (which could be anything up to 11,500,000 if no-one has topped-up or sold their impacted holding - circa $350k at 3c a share), this would likely have a significant negative impact on the share price. However, we don't know how many shares will need to be sold off, so it's really a bit of a wait-and-see game.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Just! Um, I think getting major multinationals to back your product is thought to be a little work! But, yes, that's the issue. Blis has mentioned approaching multinationals for some years, and they hint they are getting some success, but no detail I believe.
    Just indeed! We are only talking about the biggest food company in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Didn't Nestle do a scientific study on them recently?
    Yes on kids. It didn't come to anything (reasons not disclosed).

They are doing another on the elderly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    My only concern is that the improved revenues may still be some time off...
    Yes but if we are talking about yogurt the good news is that it only keeps a month or two (unlike lozenges) so cashflow could benefit from such products. The yogurt producers would need to buy K12 on a regular basis which would be beneficial for Stratum, Blis, and Fonterra (who as I recall produce freeze dried K12 for Blis). I say this thinking it is unlike that the yogurt make would stockpile substantial amounts of K12

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    compulsorily-acquired shares ... anything up to 11,500,000 ...a significant negative impact on the share price
    I don't think we need assume that. For a starter, current sales are about a million shares a day, so we don't have to assume that will overwhelm things. Also, who is to say one party won't be keen to take out the lot if it's arranged by a single broker? Also many of the current trades now are bigger than the 10,000 shares many of these people might want, but if you decide to back the company you probably aren't going to stick at a couple of hundred dollars. And if these people haven't sold in all this time, it might be reasonable to assume they are biased towards wanting to own. Plus we don't know how many of these trades are already off the block. Also most of the under 25k people's shares could be from people who own say 20k, and so little trade is required and the rest don't own that much?

In short, it doesn't follow that selling 1.73% of the company is going to affect the share price negatively if they sell, but it does follow that a large number of people topping up would - ie. more bias to up than down?

Guru

I wouldn't be surprise if the likes of Milford have been in contact and said they are interested in taking any large parcels that come available (ie. the 11,500,000 overhand), provided the price doesn't get to expensive.

Even if this doesn't happen, I am sure the executive will find some buyers to ensure that they aren't dumped on the market, pushing down the shareprice - note that they dont have to be sold on market; they just have to ask for an exemption from NZX who likewise, wont want to see a price plummet. The only buyer they would probably turn down is any of the existing significant holders.

BLT
    24/01/2013 08:57
    GENERAL

REL: 0857 HRS BLIS Technologies Limited

GENERAL: BLT: BLIS Technologies appoints broker

24 January 2013

BLIS Technologies appoints broker

BLIS Technologies Limited (BLIS) has appointed First NZ Capital Securities
    Limited (FNZC) to facilitate the sale of shares pursuant to the Small
    Shareholding Plan (SSP) announced on 21 December 2012.
    FNZC will be advised of the aggregate number of shares to be sold pursuant
    to the SSP by our share registrar LINK Market Services Limited (LINK) on 21
    March 2013 and will transact the sale through the NZX for a fixed fee.
    Upon completion of the transaction, LINK will allocate the net proceeds
    pro-rata based on the number of shares transferred and remit proceeds to
    individual holders. The proceeds received by shareholders will depend upon
    the market price prevailing on the NZX in late March.

Barry Richardson
    Chief Executive Officer
    End CA:00232280 For:BLT Type:GENERAL Time:2013-01-24 08:57:11

Fixed fee would indicate the broker will dump them as quickly as possible at whatever price can be achieved. Not ideal but considering the relatively small number (still to be determined) I don't think anybody needs to panic.

.......started dumping already by the looks.........back to 13th spot in the competition me thinks!! Boo hoo.
    Have a Gr8day.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Yup, 1 large truck full of shares on its way to the dump!
    Yep

I wonder if they will inform the market of when it will happen or will we only know after the fact? I assume FNZC will tell there clients to put in a checky bid just before they dump on the market?