sharetrader
Page 318 of 764 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    So they sold for an average of 11.27c (before brokerage).
    Umm might want to move the decimal point one place to the left.

They got up to 3.3c at one point after the announcement.
    So what made you think the average selling price was 11 cents?

Hopefully with that pig of their back, they can start trading on fundamentals. Now if only we knew if they were actually selling anything...
    Pretty sure they are trading on fundamentals. We do know if they are actually selling anything. 1.1 million bucks worth. Not much aye?

I assumed they finished up the selling yesterday.
    If yesterday was the 21st of May then yes.

Sorry but why are you commenting on an announcement you haven't bothered to read properly?

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    On rereading the report, a few extra points arose:

The initial milk powder maybe could be here in NZ? It wasn't very clear. p8 At no point did they say what they are selling in China.

Also, I noticed "developing other revenue streams", being "finished products" (presumably Blis tablets instead of Blis powder), and "nutritional formulations with additional healthcare benefits". p6 and "the company intends to manufacture nutritional products [plural] at its own facilities for specific customers [plural]". Details to be announced. p9 I wonder what that means.

Rheumatic fever: "working with the various parties to provide assistance in trials" but the trials are "complex and expensive" p11 On the other hand, the Budget just announced $21m for rheumatic fever over 4 years, so will that pay for some of that? John Tagg must be thrilled to be in on a major government project aimed directly at what inspired him to work on Blis in the first place. Congratulations and well done. (Probably pretty sad it's a growing need on the other hand.)

"the base of our business is forecast to increase significantly" p12 Presumably they are talking revenue here, although it doesn't specifically say so. This has to be inspiring, doesn't it?

ps. To state the obvious just in case newcomers are present, yes, I own BLT shares.
    Could be. Presumably. I wonder too. Good for John...will look good on your CV. Thrilled to support you pal. Forecast to increase. This decade? Presumably. No not really.

Lots of potential potential potential. Same as the last how many years? Pity the revenues don't follow.

No worries though, this year will be different. Or is it next year?

When the revenue increases we have a right to be happy. Until then it is all just words.

Considering how many product are out there, with plenty launched this year it is amazing how little money comes in. They must be almost giving it away. Well obviously they are to the Salvation Army but that isn't what I mean. Good on ya Salvation Army. Happy to support you fine folks

Advanced Member

Hi, Emearg. Understand the frustration! We have indeed been in waiting mode before.

But you didn't comment on the idea that Blis took a risk, that turned out to be quite a big risk, in changing distributors a couple of years ago, but that happily the company looks to be coming out of that risk in one piece now, if somewhat battered? And further, I rather sense that Stratum are going for more substantial customers on the whole, which would be good (but don't ask me to prove that beyond the occurrence of words like "major" and "international").

And if so, we would hope to see more steady growth from here on in. After all, we might assume they took the risk because things weren't going anywhere much as it stood before?

Apparently the infamous trades were all above board. Who would have thought?! Although I note that the announcement just says 'no further action will be taken' without stating everything was totally acceptable/honest/honourable etc. It may be that there was commentary suggesting the trades were manipulative but that no action will be taken. Either way, Tui are about to run a new billboard: "Those BLT trades were completely kosher."

Financial Markets Authority- Edinburgh Equity Nominee Ltd 1:34pm, 4 Jun 2013 | GENERAL

BLIS Technologies has today received advice from its solicitors that the FMA has reviewed the circumstances surrounding the sales by Edinburgh between 2 - 7 May 2012, prior to the conversion of CPS to ordinary shares on 5pm 8 May 2012, and have determined that they will not be taking any further action in relation to this matter

The solicitors advice was based on a letter from the FMA dated 29 May 2013 prepared in response a request made on behalf of the Independent Directors of BLIS Technologies on 11 May 2012 regarding the sale of ordinary shares in BLT by Edinburgh in the period leading up to the conversion of BLT's convertible preference shares (CPS). The Independent Directors had sought confirmation from FMA that the sales did not amount to any breach of the Securities Markets Act 1988.

Advanced Member

Default That was then, but have shareholders noticed that time has actually moved on?

The small shareholders plan rather changes the game. Have people noticed though?

Blis announces another issue is coming and, lo, the share price drifts down. Great chance for the next issue buyers to get in cheap, right? Who's kidding who though?

There's only a couple of hundred shareholders with over 500,000 shares ... and that's about the number who took part in the last issue.

But if all the large holders are going to take part, then only about 30% of the shares will belong to people who won't take part? Which seriously limits any profit to be made out of the next issue being at a low price, doesn't it? But it sure handicaps the company, having the share price down there.

Isn't it time shareholders showed a little more depth and started actually supporting the company instead of laughing at the share price? It's not hurting anyone now except the existing shareholders, who are now all sitting together in the same boat for the most part.

I'm not saying anyone is doing this deliberately, but I do think shareholders don't mind watching it happen. But it looks like own-goal to me.

I'm not a shareholder but I did my bit today when I felt a sore throat coming on. Bought some Throatguard.

Advanced Member

Excellent. But I hope you guys are using Blis M18 as well. The hygienist was again raving about the incredibly small amount of plaque I had the other day, and the dentist is always telling me how health my gums are. Yet I'm frankly too embarrassed to tell you (or them) how very little I do for my teeth ... apart from using K12 and M18 regularly.