sharetrader
Page 337 of 764 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 7632
    Advanced Member

It's fairly muted trading on Blis, yet the maths is quite interesting. There are presently bids to buy about 5 million shares at 1 cent or above, and to sell about 2.5 million at 3 cents or less, with about 1.5 million of those clustered around the current price.

Sounds fine ... until you consider that the SPP is for 150 million shares, so the potential number of shares people want to buy or sell after the allocation could yet be interesting.
    Last edited by simla; 06-11-2013 at 02:52 PM.

We should be getting confirmation of the SPP today, as the details provided mention that the issue of the new shares need to be "not later than the 8th November 2013".

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/183300.pdf

Either that or my mail man has already been fired by NZ Post.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by gloworm View Post
    We should be getting confirmation of the SPP today, as the details provided mention that the issue of the new shares need to be "not later than the 8th November 2013".

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/183300.pdf
    Will be interesting to see the amount of scaling if any. Maybe an announcement after COB today with the letter to arrive once the posties get around to it?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

if the SPP shares are being released at 1c (missed out on this) would you expect that will have a dilutionary effect on the current ones, e.g. a drop from 0.016-0.017?

Advanced Member

Ah, if we knew that! If shareholders think things are looking up, there is no reason why the price shouldn't be going up. With issued shares of around a billion (!), a million dollar profit is 0.1 cents profit per share. Thus, by my maths anyway, the BLT share price is running at about 2 cents per million profit, with a PE of 20 being a growth company at that point. The current price therefore assumes a profit of less than a million, if you agree with that maths, which hardly seems over-priced?

On the other hand, if nobody really believes things are looking up then down remains a possibility too. There is a half year report due in the next couple of weeks or so with news that may or may not help shareholders judge.

On top of which is whether people will square out the result of the SPP. Will people be dumping shares that they only bought for short term profit? Or will people be buying shares they couldn't get in the SPP? Don't know.

Personally I'm not expecting an announcement until tomorrow afternoon (Nov 8), as that is about the time they announced for last years' issue.

Thanks for the explanation. I did a little reading on how SPP's may affect SP but not totally clear. All helps slowly building my knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    I have joined the BLT crew here with my purchase of a small parcel @ 1.5 a few day ago.
    Welcome aboard Yankiwi I really think Blis can be another great NZ success story. A few final pieces of the puzzle just need to fall into place.

Advanced Member

So Blis raises about $1.4m out of $1.5m offered. About double last year, but not overwhelming. Shareholders either didn't see the words "profit in foreseeable future", thought not much of it, or had no money. https://nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/243522

Now we find out if people just bought so they could sell. Neither under-subscription nor over-subscription it seems. I didn't consider that outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    So Blis raises about $1.4m out of $1.5m offered. About double last year, but not overwhelming. Shareholders either didn't see the words "profit in foreseeable future", thought not much of it, or had no money. https://nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/243522

Now we find out if people just bought so they could sell. Neither under-subscription nor over-subscription it seems. I didn't consider that outcome.
    Another day of little or no "work" achieved!! (screen refresh,screen refresh,screen refresh,screen refresh,screen refresh,screen refresh,)
    Gosh sad to say it i expect a share dump day.

Disc: Long term holder not wanting to be part of the 1c dump today

Advanced Member

With fund raising done, and good news seeming to accumulate, presumably we'll see a consolidation of shares in a bit too?