sharetrader
Page 341 of 764 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 7632
    Guru

Nigel - I was a bit confused by the article too. Can't blame them - they probably don't even receive the living wage with all the cut backs they've had.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Or did I misunderstand something?
    No, you weren't the one misunderstanding. Idiot journalist...

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    No, you weren't the one misunderstanding. Idiot journalist...
    I think the journalist was getting his info from Craigs Investment Partners. It was likely Craigs giving the steer in the wrong direction. Probably not a stock they follow closely, but giving the wrong info totally screws the tone of the article.

[In my mind, the reality is a much different story - a well-supported capital raising; a new plant just opened up to allow for expanded operations; increasing revenues; new major shareholders with connections into Asia and the Middle East (directors of one of the new investment companies include former Prime Minister Jenny Shipley and the chairman of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce); regulatory approvals in USA, China and Europe; a distribution arrangement with China's largest pharmaceutical distributor (who happen to be visiting Dunedin this month - there's a better story for them); a forecast for a maiden profit "in the foreseeable future".

Or did I misunderstand something?]

Based on the date of last year's report it seems highly likely that the report for the half-year to 30 September will be released on Friday.

In the absence of any negative guidance and with the activities referred to above, plus a reasonable amount of dosh in the bank, maybe I might not be crazy in anticipating some reasonably good news from BLT. What would really help is if the report contained a more robust definition of "a maiden profit in the foreseeable future" - but maybe that is being crazy!

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by pierre; 12-11-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: typo
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Jenny often the cause for punters to run to the hills .... or a signal not to touch with a barge pole .... or whatever the sayings are
    Last edited by winner69; 12-11-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jenny often the cause for punters to run to the hills .... or a signal not to touch with a barge pole .... or whatever the sayings are
    My abiding memory of Jenny Shipley as PM was in interviews where she would start by saying "I want to be very clear-" followed by an enormous lack of clarity

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    My abiding memory of Jenny Shipley as PM was in interviews where she would start by saying "I want to be very clear-" followed by an enormous lack of clarity
    Couldnt agree more, I stopped voting National while she was there

Advanced Member

She was interviewed on Q&A a while back, and she came across very well indeed. She seemed a lot more confident in the world of business than I thought she had in politics. She was perfectly open about Mainzeal and said she had done a lot of work to ensure staff and customers came out of it as well as possible, and indeed complaints have been very few since in the media. I was fairly impressed in all honesty. Here's a transcript if anyone's interested http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO130...l-collapse.htm

In any case, she is one of a group, all of whom look like they know a thing or two - always assuming it really is Asia Pacific and not Asian Pacific, being two different companies, and since the Blis releases seem to slip into either at times!

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    ...always assuming it really is Asia Pacific and not Asian Pacific, being two different companies, and since the Blis releases seem to slip into either at times!
    SSH notices are in the name of the majority shareholder of ASIA Pacific Partners. I also confirmed with Barry Richardson that it is ASIA and not ASIAN (the former being a much more desirable business partner / investor!).

Would be good to get this correct in future announcements / reports

Advanced Member

Blis for pets in Japan: This is the one with K12 that I posted a while ago following the last report. http://www.kyoritsuseiyaku.co.jp/pro...oduct_211.html

But now I see this one, with both K12 and M18 in Japan also. Searching Japan and dates is tricky, but I think they may have brought out a K12 one first and this K12/M18 now? http://premium-suiso.co.jp/

ps. Hey, this could be significant. I just read that there are more cats and dogs in Japan than children, over 20 million.
    Last edited by simla; 12-11-2013 at 12:28 PM.