sharetrader
Page 351 of 763 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 7628
    Advanced Member

I don't think buying things yourself demonstrates widespread market demand!

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    I don't think buying things yourself demonstrates widespread market demand!
    Trigger happy

Advanced Member

The interesting thing about those SSHs above is that already people have snapped up a lot of the company. So people here are sitting around wondering when demand will lift for the shares but it already has. However, most of those seem to have got in at the placement level and the share price reflects retail demand which remains to be seen. Is the current rise real, or is it just crowd activity like a few other shares on the NZX recently?

lunch time trade again, snapping up the 2c'ers

Good point Simla...i think we will know the answer once this report and so called "announcement" is made
    Last edited by Danzx; 20-11-2013 at 11:10 AM.

....Ive questioned that myself Simla and come to the conclusion that this time it's "for real".......otherwise we would have seen the 1cSPP shares flooding the market with the obvious result. In fact the complete opposite is happening........strong steady support. Almost 4million changed hands yesterday at an average price of just under 2c. Each block of sales like that just makes the likelyhood of an improving SP just a little bit more likely. Im liking what Im seeing.
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    . Is the current rise real, or is it just crowd activity like a few other shares on the NZX recently?
    Agree - it's not until the half-year report is published in the next week or so that we'll know whether the crowd stays as happy as it currently appears to be.

I hope it does as I'm showing a 44% gain on my total investment so far with - hopefully - much more to come!
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I'm showing a 44% gain on my total investment so far with - hopefully - much more to come!
    Compounding weekly for sure ...

I'm inclined to think this is (mostly) real demand, because there does seem to be a bit of a question of available supply after looking at those SSH's. If some of these purchases are even now being locked in drawers, then the available pool is still dwindling. We don;t know if they are though.

Anyone have any ideas on what is a healthy percentage of a company to be freely trading?

Advanced Member

Actually, I just checked my own figures above and realised I'd counted the NZPR holding twice, since one of the SSH's mentioned NZPR in the small print. Sorry. These SSHs sure could do with a rewrite. They are hard to read anyway, and it is hard to spot when more than one SSH has been put in for the same interest. Modernisation wouldn't hurt!

So I've edited the post above and it looks like about two thirds of the company might - might - be unlikely to trade. Again, just my calcs, do your own. So more room to maneouevre than it looked.
    Last edited by simla; 20-11-2013 at 11:56 AM.

I would be quite happy with a small drop to top up again I don't see it happening before the announcement I don't think though

........considering the tone of the whole market today (flat/negative) we can be very proud of our star performer I think!!.....(don't loose sight of the fact that just a .1c gain in the current SP is equal to nearly 2yrs interest at the bank!!)........puts it into perspective a bit ah?
    Have a Gr8day.