sharetrader
Page 380 of 764 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    I also stumbled across what happened to Gourmet ice cream. It's still there. "We eventually brought the gourmet brand back". Excellent, as it is a great brand. Anybody seen it around? The Blis versions were still selling locally until recently, but haven't seen it since. This site also says they are selling in China, good on them. Very glad to hear that ice cream is still available. http://gourmetnewzealand.co.nz/history.html
    Yes they are still making ice cream but not the sort that contains Blis. They have no immediate plans to produce it either.

Perhaps they don't hold the rights to anymore? Previous announcements from Blis (when they closed down that part of the business and sold it back to Gourmet) would suggest this is correct.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    They have been registered to export K12 since the early 2000's. I don't know when they became exporters of M18 but no M18 based products would have been made overseas without the registration. Unfortunately this means you can't read too much into your find.
    Yes, but this authority is on the "https://eatsafe.nzfsa.govt.nz/" website, and is therefore about exporting food, not just K12 and M18. The list is headed "Approved Food Businesses". Search for "Blis" and you get "Type of Approval", "Exporter" and "Dairy Product Exporter". That's new permission, surely.

The Blis August news update said, "The plant is expected to be commissioned in September with approvals then sought for export of product. The Company will in conjunction with third parties produce and market milk based formulations mainly for Asian markets. These nutritional formulations will include beverages with BLIS K12TM and BLIS M18TM ingredients providing functional foods with BLIS trademarks." https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/240481

I'm no expert on what this list implies, but it looks promising to my eyes at least.

Advanced Member

Further, the last half year report said, "Sales will be further boosted when the nutritionals plant is certified for export (expected in December 2013)" https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/185697.pdf

It also said, "BLIS has been working with its partners, including Asia Pacific Partners and others to develop and market nutritional formulations TMcontaining BLIS K12 such as beverages, yoghurt powders and other formulations. The formal approval (export accreditation) of our nutritional formulations plant (expected in December) will be a significant milestone in the implementation of this strategy. Upon receipt of export accreditation these products will be marketed in Australasia, Asia and parts of Europe. The Company will also undertake sub-contracting of nutritional formulations. On being accredited it will be the only plant in the South Island of New Zealand approved to process probiotics."

"Upon receipt of export accreditation these products will be marketed in Australasia, Asia and parts of Europe" Emphasis mine, obviously. If their plans haven't changed since then, this should be good news surely.
    Last edited by simla; 31-01-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Advanced Member

Interesting that it said "Australasia". Perhaps we should keep our eyes open.

Hi simla... they have not yet had the new plant certified for export, email below from Barry:

"The Fonterra issue with China and the subsequent alterations to the Chinese import regulations has thrown the systems into chaos and delayed the approvals for manufactures. All manufacturers are now required to have separate approvals for Chinese entry products.

The process as a result of these issues is delayed but we will announce shortly. We are dressed up but need the final approvals for export of dairy product formulations."

We await the good news...

Cheers

Advanced Member

Thanks, Mule. "Shortly" still sounds good, but aren't regulations the whole story of Blis so far!

Presumably they are free to go to other countries though, but we haven't heard of any local business partners for that yet. I'm sure they are hard at that too, if not already getting somewhere.

It all remains tantalising. I'm looking forward to finding out what these products actually are.

.......can't wait for that news to be released. All going to add to an interesting , if not exciting year for Blis. The SP is going anywhere yet but I guess any positive announcement soon should change that. 1.9c and cheap at twice the price!!
    Have a Gr8day.

......A LOT OF TALK THIS MORNING (on the National Programme) ON THE GOVERNMENT SPONSORED STUDY INTO THE CAUSES/EFFECTS and solutions of Rheumatic Fever. Blis is a big part of this study. A positive result for Blis may well take it to another level as this is a global problem affecting mainly lower socio-economic groups. Fingers crossed but I personally think this could be good news pending.
    Have a Gr8day.

Was there a timeline around the study? i.e. when results will be released etc?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjeems View Post
    Was there a timeline around the study? i.e. when results will be released etc?

......the study has been going on for a while now I believe, so hopefully results out soon......but I could be wrong.......anybody else in the know?? I might do a bit more research into this, Im thinking there could be some very positive implications for BLIS if this pans out as we all hope.
    Have a Gr8day.