sharetrader
Page 385 of 764 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 7632
    老外

Oh - I read a report the other day about how New Zealand companies are hopeless at going international and we really need to up our game in this area.

Case in point.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Disappointed? After years of waiting they are predicting operating profit six months from now? And presumably/hopefully they will have their factory approved by the May announcement, just a few weeks away, and may even have sent off a shipment?

This is all starting to remind me of how for so long NZ collapsed at cricket when victory was in sight. It's not a wonder we've sold off so many of our assets overseas. They want them, whereas we all "know" we're lucky to get any cash for them at all!

Everybody practice smiling now
    This I will believe when I see it and I think that is what the market sees as well.

I remember a few years ago BLIS was saying they would most likely be in profit the following year... never eventuated... then they went and put themselves in more debt with a big ice cream experiment. You might find simla that there will be "unforeseen operational costs" when they start their factory... resulting in profit guidance being pushed back another year... or two... or three...

老外

Disappointed? After years of waiting they are predicting operating profit six months from now? And presumably/hopefully they will have their factory approved by the May announcement, just a few weeks away, and may even have sent off a shipment?

This is all starting to remind me of how for so long NZ collapsed at cricket when victory was in sight. It's not a wonder we've sold off so many of our assets overseas. They want them, whereas we all "know" we're lucky to get any cash for them at all!

Everybody practice smiling now
    This I will believe when I see it and I think that is what the market sees as well.

I remember a few years ago BLIS was saying they would most likely be in profit the following year... never eventuated... then they went and put themselves in more debt with a big ice cream experiment. You might find simla that there will be "unforeseen operational costs" when they start their factory... resulting in profit guidance being pushed back another year... or two... or three...

Advanced Member

You guys leave me speechless. All the things you say they need to do they have in fact discussed in detail over the last few months, along with quite a bit of evidence that it is happening.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Oh - I read a report the other day about how New Zealand companies are hopeless at going international and we really need to up our game in this area.

Case in point.
    Yes -get rid of those trashy PEB and Xero as well.....

老外

You guys leave me speechless. All the things you say they need to do they have in fact discussed in detail over the last few months, along with quite a bit of evidence that it is happening.
    And if they do actually succeed, good on them and you for sticking by them and feel free to come on here and give us a big "I TOLD YOU SO NA NA NA NAAAA NAAAA!". But I would recommend you look at the companies history if you do not understand what we are saying.

The whole ice cream debacle was a great case. They bought an icecream factory, put their probiotics into the icecream, started selling to NZ supermarkets and the product was good and seemed to be starting to sell well with the product appearing to also work very well. Then BOOM, gone, and it we were basically told it was all just a big experiment. Big losses, huge write offs and all promises of profit melted away like a container of french vanilla on a hot slab of Hawkes Bay concrete.

That should show you something. The company appears to be run by scientists who like to run their little experiments, when it should mostly be run by business and sales people since about 3 years ago. Unforeseen problems with distributors, poor international positioning and/or commitment (apart from their legal team who seem to be able to get patents pretty well)... continued dilution of shares... until some of their changes and it is reflected in their sales... why should we believe profit guidances when they have missed them in the past? Why should we invest money in a company that has been floundering for what... 10 years? And with similar stories for those 10 years as the one we see right now... and 10 years ago shares were 15c... 5 years ago they were 10c... today they are 1.5c... post GFC most shares have recovered amazingly as you know. A lot of NZ food/medicine/healthcare shares have risen along with this. But BLIS's shares have divided almost by 10. There IS a good reason for this and it comes down to their performance.
    Last edited by blobbles; 13-03-2014 at 04:30 PM.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Yes -get rid of those trashy PEB and Xero as well.....
    There are always exceptions skid, but for every success you will likely find a trail of a dozen or so failures. With other countries they often bat 1 out of 4, not 1 out of 10.

Advanced Member

Well, humanity has got where it is by having no end of conflicting opinions at all times about everything. I remain of the opinion that that was a very good annoucnement. By the way, I have followed this company since 2007 and they have never once forecast a coming profit in that time before now that I recall.

Here's a clipping from a post I made back in 2007 (at that point I had been in BLT since 2004):

"Blis have had products in the market place for 5-6 years now and haven't made a penny from them. How is that going to change anytime soon? We have been told countless times that breakeven is expected in the next financial year ..."

Now they are promising profitability just round the corner (yet) again (they haven't dared for the last few years).

So, just a cautionary tale for any newbies who might get carried away by the "p" word.

Good to see you are still here simla, apparently as enthusiastic as ever. I hope your patience and enthusiasm are rewarded one day.

Advanced Member

Nice to hear from you again, Bobby. Hope all's well.

As you say, they haven't made such projections ... since the current management took over. And now that management has done so, for the first time.

Yes, I'm hoping for reward for my patience. Not much danger of people getting carried away on this group since it is not exactly awash in people agreeing with my point of view!