sharetrader
Page 387 of 764 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 7632
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    why should we believe profit guidances when they have missed them in the past?
    For accuracy, I went back and looked at the half and full year announcements. Here are their predictions of profit, as far as I could find them.

2001 - none
    2002 - none
    2003 - "predicting a maiden profit in 2005" (Matches your post of " Just one of the earliest I could find with a light search" The ONLY one!
    2004 - none
    2005 - none
    2006 - none
    2007 - none
    2008 - none
    2009 - none
    2010 - none
    2011 - none
    2012 - none
    2013 - October, "are expected to deliver profits in the foreseeable future."
    2014 - " expected to move into operating profit during the second half of [FY2015]"

Now, I didn''t exhaustively search every word they published, just looked at the half and full year announcements. Contrary information welcome. But I'm not seeing a history of failed predictions there. Obviously they were too optimistic in 2003, otherwise nothing that I could find.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    The market will keep punishing BLT until it starts walking the walk it talks about just like RAK and WDT.
    I think what Simla is saying is they are starting to execute - they have a plan in place to which you can measure against. They have highlighted a few delays but they are minor and are external to them (approvals etc where they might not have had much control).

So if you want to get in early, start researching now. NO doubt you will say plenty other investments out there and you are correct.

Disc: For the record, I do hold a small amount.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    So if you want to get in early, start researching now.
    Totally agree with doing your own research. I am never recommending Blis. I come here to discuss publicly available information to assist with my own decisions. That's why I get frustrated when I get unfocussed replies.

If anyone likes anything I have to say, then - yes, absolutely - that simply means it's time to start your own research, not just take my views as gospel. I have never ever yet said Blis is risk free or a dead cert.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    So just because it is negativity it is disregarded? That's an unfair assessment, especially considering we have cited the companies ongoing promoses of a profit over a decade now...

.....if you keep looking backwards like that for much longer MOOSIE all your going to end up with is a sore neck!! (but who knows, BLIS could possibly fix that also?)
    Last edited by GR8DAY; 14-03-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .....if you keep looking backwards like that for much longer MOOSIE all your going to end up with is a sore neck!! (but who knows, BLIS could possibly fix that also?)
    It's always useful to know where you've come from but better to be focused on the road ahead. I'm confident that's what the BLT team is doing and their roadmap seems quite clearly defined.

As with most trips there are always a few bumps in the road and an occasional detour to navigate but for the PATIENT traveller there will be good rewards ahead.

BLT might have been on a long and onerous journey but profitable trading is more clearly in sight now than it has been for many years.

DISC: Already hold 3m shares at average 1.3c but if the price drops any lower than 1.7 I'll be topping up again. The potential for a significant percentage gain in the next 12 months is pretty appealing.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    There are always exceptions skid, but for every success you will likely find a trail of a dozen or so failures. With other countries they often bat 1 out of 4, not 1 out of 10.
    My point is (although rather sarcastic,I admit),If these other companies can pull it off--why cant Bliss?
    I think we may be in agreement in general on this issue--
    Last edited by skid; 14-03-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Advanced Member

Thanks to all for all the posts so far. Hopefully there will be more in the weekend.

I really enjoy a good argy-bargy like this. Vigorous statements of opposing views make it much easier for me to gain confidence in a viewpoint. I hope it is the same for others. I remain pretty optimistic, but I have taken on board the comments about how long things take with Blis, and Gr8Day raises an interesting point over just how long before this benefits shareholders even if it plays out as suggested in the short term (no idea, is my answer!)

I might wonder out loud why some of you guys are so much more positive about PEB. Their $100 million "target" is set for 2018./19, long after the company listed in 2003. Personally I'm pleased for both PEB and BLT.

Chairman's AGM Address 01/08/07: "The priority for the Company is to achieve profitability through the development of key international partnerships."
    Half-year announcement 27/11/07: ".. the company is still on track to achieve a breakeven position at year-end ..."

And, from memory, there were other instances where they talked about breakeven in the near future, achieving profitability in the near future, or becoming cash-flow positive in the near future.

Also of possible interest for those waiting for imminent entry into the chinese market: "We have recently received an order for a trial shipment to Malaysia, and announced an agreement with a partner for the Chinese market" - quoted from the Chairman's Interim Report for the six months to ......... 30/09/2003.

So don't hold your breath.

Advanced Member

Yes, there were lots of mentions of trying to "achieve profitability", but that isn't any sort of forecast of doing so. But I missed the "breakeven" remark, so thanks for that, Bobby.

2004 Annual Report, Operations Report, under Financial Results: "... the company currently believes it has sufficient cash reserves to carry it forward until the business becomes cashflow positive".

2005 Annual Report, Operations Report, under Financial Results: "..., but believes that it has sufficient cash reserves to carry it forward until the business becomes cashflow positive".