sharetrader
Page 389 of 764 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 7632
    Advanced Member

The Chinese President very publicly endorsed trade with NZ today during Key's visit. You'd think that would have to nudge things along, speed-wise. Especially since the entire NZ-China trade would seem set to stop dead in the water in just a few weeks if this process is not completed efficiently.
    Last edited by simla; 20-03-2014 at 05:20 PM.

........yep thinking the same SIMLA. Things may soon fall into place re: CHINA..........high hopes.
    Have a Gr8day.

Let's not underestimate this. The Chinese Premier endorsing anything publicly gets many cogs working in China. And why not? NZ is not a political threat, we have good product and a clean image, and genuinely want a win-win trading arrangement with China. Strategically, China has wanted to get a foothold in the South Pacific for decades, and has for several years now been investing more (money and people) into NZ. They also want to be seen in a favourable and admirable light by the West.

I'm interested in finding out what concessions John Key has made on behalf of NZ'ers in order to secure this increased level of Chinese favouritism. Not freer access to own NZ property I'm hoping. If that gets any easier, and China get really interested in owning more of this precious jewel we call home, then we risk selling out (long term) our land in return for trading revenue that could be cut short at any time by an offshore political whim.

BC
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Just called BLIS to sort out sending some K12 to a friend in Australia and couldn't get reception. I had to leave a message. What the hell is going on there? Their general enquiries phone line is a shambles. After reading out "If you want to get hold of Don press 3" for about 5 or 6 people it invites you to press 1 for General Enquiries. With all due respect to the person who made the message - they don't exactly sound very dynamic at all and it just leaves a very bad taste in the mouth as a shareholder. These guys need to sharpen their act up up. If they are planning to supply countries around the world, they need to get their front of house sorted and actually start looking like they mean business. Get a bit of bloody commercial nous into proceedings. I'm a bit angry about it to be frank. I'll be letting them know my feelings!

http://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/chi...185309856.html

This would have to help. Ali Baba has a greater number of customers than e-bay and amazon combined - that is massive.

I wonder if BLT management are even aware of it.

Edit: I've just now emailed BLT mgmt to suggest they look into making use of this Web Giant, if they haven't already done so.
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 22-03-2014 at 01:58 PM.

[QUOTE=Bobcat.;469189]http://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/chi...185309856.html

This would have to help. Ali Baba has a greater number of customers than e-bay and amazon combined - that is massive.

I wonder if BLT management are even aware of it.

GOOD WORK BC!.............i will be doing the same and similar.......every bit must help.
    Have a Gr8day.

BLT's response from Mukesh Kumar:

"Thank you

I have forwarded your email to Dr Barry Richardson (CEO).

Mukesh."

I suggest others interested email Dr Richardson directly. I'm assuming his email address is Barry.Richardson@blis.co.nz

Advanced Member

Bobcat, I see your point, but maybe Blis wouldn't think it so obvious to spend years forming relationships in China and then getting a deal through the door, only to turn around and try to undercut that through direct net listings competing with that relationship?
    Last edited by simla; 24-03-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Simla - you are right but there is an opportunity cost that BLT must consider when deciding not to use Ali Baba. Hopefully it will be outweighed by the revenue and other benefits coming from their preferred distributor model. Below is their CEO's reply to my earlier email:

"Thanks for your email.
    We are well aware of Ali Baba.
    However, we have spent considerable time working with our distributor in China to identify a significant, quality distributor who to be successful must invest heavily in the market.

If we compete directly with them it is not going to be well received.

Regards

Barry Richardson"

Advanced Member

"significant, quality distributor" would seem pretty fair comment, though. And you read again and again about how you need relationships in China to get anywhere.

And listing on a huge site also has the problem that you are one of a huge number of offers, too. As a parallel, I knew a NZ Chinese who decided to go and have a great career in China because the opportunities were enormous. They visited for a bit and quickly realised that there were one or two other people over there who had the same idea! They came back to NZ after deciding that a huge opportunity also attracts huge competition.