sharetrader
Page 390 of 764 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 7632

I've decided to press the CEO a bit further to see what he is willing and able to disclose re Bliss's profit forecast and timing:

"Thank you Barry for your decent response. I will continue to hold BLT, although it is fair to say that following your recent financial report there are a few other investors I correspond with who have lost heart seeing yet another lot of promises from Bliss about trying to 'achieve profitability' but little progress (for several years now) in that regard.

Is the end of this May a reasonable time-frame to expect progress accessing, distributing and selling profitably into China? Or is it more likely to be the 2nd half of this year? What does your business plan forecast?

Kind regards,"
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Advanced Member

Bobcat, you've started bandying someone's name around in public. I understand you to be implying you are doing it in the name of research. I can't see the connection.

His name is publically available on the Blis site http://blis.co.nz/about-blis (the first name listed, being the CEO) I don't think there's much of a problem saying 'I had a reply from the CEO ', if anybody really wanted to know who he was they could easily look it up anyway

Advanced Member

My concern is that I've never seen a name used publicly to anyone's advantage. It's one thing to say a company is doing well or badly at the moment, but once you start talking about people that way it quickly becomes personal. Even if you start out positive, the assumption that a reputation is open slather then works in both directions. Princess Diana was golden girl for a long time, but then everybody felt free to criticise at length. Some of NZ's golden up-and-coming companies at the moment are having their CEO names bandied around, but what will happen to those names if misfortune should strike those companies?

A person only has a whole-of-lifetime name, and I don't feel comfortable bandying it about. I don't know about you, but I'm not actually perfect and I've never met anyone who is.

If I were libellous in my reference to the CEO that would be a different matter, Simla, but I'm have not been. I've been respectful in my communications with him, and it's no secret as to who he is.

If there was anything in Dr Richardson's emails to me that I considered he was sharing confidentially (I doubt there would be) then I would not be posting it on ST. There has been no breach of confidence, nothing libellous, and nothing that any other investor could not glean themselves from the company should they be bothered to ask. I'm struggling to understand your issue.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Advanced Member

Thanks, Bobcat. I'm just uncomfortable because I've noticed that when one person starts using a name, others start using the name, and then it's only a matter of time before people feel free to discuss someone's worth. I'm just saying something early in the peace, as I'd hate this group to slowly drift in that direction, that's all.

Hey, if you get news, that's great. News is always desirable!

Advanced Member

Blis closed at 1.5 cents. The odd thing is that there is fairly steady turnover. But, hey, we can get a 20% return this year if the thing climbs to 1.8 cents!

If I was Blis and waiting for this registration to break it's long silence, I'd be getting on with Europe and elsewhere, so you'd think they may be doing that. (And if this is slow for Blis, just imagine what it's like being an infant formula manufacturer waiting to see where you stand...)

And with money in the bank, perhaps there is also progress on Q24, and maybe pets? The September report forecast growth regardless of the factory opening, so we hope that is continuing. It also said "meaningful sales" to the US should resume by year end (2013) due to previous issues being resolved. They also talked of "developing new BLIS M18 lozenge and gum products for ASEAN IV countries (Malaysia region)".

I think it is difficult for us shareholders in not knowing how much of their optimistic forecast is built on the factory products, and how much is anyway expected from growth of existing ingredient sales. We know they see the ingredient sales picking up nicely, but we do not know if that is of a scale to push Blis forward into profit, or whether we are just waiting for GRAS sales for that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Getting very close to Mr Croesus' call price...
    Well actually Mr Moosie, I am about to change that call price to a lower one.... seems to be run by boffins who have little idea of the real world.. may that seem harsh.. one just has to look at the last 5 years.

Simla. hats off to you... your optimism is legendary... kaipai the good

I was considering off setting the loss I'm seeing by adding to my existing shares at these prices. Or is the knife still falling? I've enough faith in the product to set this one aside for the Buffett 10 years' principle.

Saying that...it makes an ugly dent in my, otherwise pleasant looking portfolio...

Quote Originally Posted by Rego55 View Post
    Just called BLIS to sort out sending some K12 to a friend in Australia and couldn't get reception. I had to leave a message. What the hell is going on there? Their general enquiries phone line is a shambles. After reading out "If you want to get hold of Don press 3" for about 5 or 6 people it invites you to press 1 for General Enquiries. With all due respect to the person who made the message - they don't exactly sound very dynamic at all and it just leaves a very bad taste in the mouth as a shareholder. These guys need to sharpen their act up up. If they are planning to supply countries around the world, they need to get their front of house sorted and actually start looking like they mean business. Get a bit of bloody commercial nous into proceedings. I'm a bit angry about it to be frank. I'll be letting them know my feelings!
    Well this doesnt sound good at all, and screams warning to me...why have all these BLT bulls not commented on this.