sharetrader
Page 401 of 763 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 7628
    Banned

typo.. dents.. is obviously dentist

Guru

Good announcement this morning on their new product.

Having just gone down the antibiotic route for my kid, I will be looking into this. We use the interhealth plus probiotic occasionally but the Blis product is probably more targeted as a deterrent.

Advanced Member

"lozenge form.... doesn’t work for tots. So now it’s available in a strawberry and vanilla flavoured powder sprinkled over food twice a day.”

Clever. If they announce this pretty positive news before the AGM, is there more good news in the AGM then? Two days to go.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    "lozenge form.... doesn’t work for tots. So now it’s available in a strawberry and vanilla flavoured powder sprinkled over food twice a day.”

Clever. If they announce this pretty positive news before the AGM, is there more good news in the AGM then? Two days to go.
    Can see mum doing a lot of aeroplane stuff with the spoon to get little Tarquin to eat after sprinkling strawberry and vanilla powder over pureed meat and veges.
    Would it be better in the bottle perhaps.

Good news though, shows they are exploring everything.
    Disc: Holding
    Sentiment: Positive
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 23-07-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Can see mum doing a lot of aeroplane stuff with the spoon to get little Tarquin to eat after sprinkling strawberry and vanilla powder over pureed meat and veges.
    Would it be better in the bottle perhaps.
    I would have though it would go in the bottle with the formula - taht would also mean they dont have to have their own range of baby formula and parents can use it on which ever one their kid likes. I wonder if that impacts its effectiveness.

Advanced Member

It appears to be in a bottle already, so I suppose you mean already in the food. I'm sure that's an aim.

This will probably take time to grow market share, but I could see this being a pretty good seller. Parents will do anything for babies, and ear infections are a nightmare for a lot of parents. And especially for air travel as you say.

I think maybe BLT is being underestimated. Everyone is still looking for that king hit. But the tough time here was three years ago when we were hoping for good growth in the US, because we needed a single king hit to get up momentum. But now the company has growth going in multiple markets and may well be running with Einstein's eight wonder of the world instead: compound growth.

Advanced Member

Just to show some evidence of the growth idea: I don't post research any more, but I still look around for my own purposes. There has definitely been uptake of Blis to be seen. Here's a few examples of fairly recent activity.

http://www.iherb.com/Twinlab-Triple-...-Tablets/56532
    http://www.probium.com/page/oral-blis-combo-4b
    http://republikrx.com/index.php?rout...product_id=464
    http://www.nekta.com/travelprotec/
    http://www.entrapro.com.au/products.php
    http://premium-suiso.co.jp/
    http://www.drmilk.co.nz/blis-k12-oral-probiotic
    http://honeyblis.co.nz/

But actually that hides another big truth. Existing Blis products are also more frequently listed around the world, such as this energetic picture. http://img02.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/...!807349136.jpg

Search on Blis "throatguard" now and get 12 pages of real results just there.

If there is compound growth going on, it will be very hard to detect from internet searches, as it is not one single piece of big news. For that we have to wait for Blis reports, I'm thinking.

Advanced Member

Don't see any zeroes here myself.

Advanced Member

Excellent news from the AGM today. https://nzx.com/files/attachments/197397.pdf

But they are STILL talking of profitable operation during this year. Yay!

But still ambiguous on some important fronts.

"our expectations remain for doubling revenue in the current financial year and a move to profitable operations during the year." Okay, some figures at last. Now a doubling of revenue by my VERY rough spreadsheet (do your own) suggests to me that that would make a profit before R&D, and amortisation and depreciation. So a talk of moving to profitable operations this year could mean: (a) my spreadsheet is wrong; (b) they know of costs and income I can't guess at (such as their contract work); (c) the words "move to" mean they will be there by the end, but not necessarily as a bottom line of the year; (d) they mean operating profit, not net profit; (e) ??

"Market access issues in US: previous inventory issues in US now resolved but North American sales not yet delivering to expectations." So does this mean the doors are open in the US again? Seems so. But now need to pick up pace again? "Resolved" sounds like things are ready to go again here?

"Current business strategy will lead to a much broader base of consumer product sales and include contract packing." This innocuous sentence strikes me as great news. This means the company should be much less vulnerable to setbacks, and compound growth should be the norm now? If so, then Blis finally achieved a safe future? Views on this anyone? Seems a pretty important question to me.

"BLIS has approval of its production facilities as a dairy exporter. Also need country specific approvals – such as Taiwan, Malaysia and China. China takes longer. Approvals completed for NZ and Australia." Again, what does this mean. On the face of it, sales could commence now in Australasia of food-related products. But then it did not say they would. Not sure what to take from this. However, Chinese approval not yet achieved. But then neither has Synl. got that yet, and they are sounding confident.

"The nutritional formulations are intended for Australasia and Asian markets." and "Products will include ice cream powders, yoghurt powders, beverage and functional foods." What are nutritional formulations? Does that just mean, "not tablets of Blis" or specifically food-related? Certainly bold target markets, but no idea of timing from this? Sounds imminent but is it?

"Sinopharm (the largest pharmaceutical company in China) is currently test-marketing consumer products with BLIS oral probiotics in 3 major cities through 30 pharmacies" 30 is good. And there is a photo of Blis very prominently displayed on a counter at one. Good partner to have, and they sound keen.

"Asia Pacific Partners is an important strategic partner with extensive business connections in Asia/Pacific and the Middle East. The first of their consumer products is close to launch." Close to launch? More news soon? Sounds good.

"New facility in the early stages of commercial production." Does that mean the factory is starting to fire on revenue? Or something else? Sounds like the former.

Bad news? None really, just that things have still been delayed?

Overall, this is a picture in line with my recent comments on compound growth. The company has got more channels in play now, and all channels seem to be doing just fine generally. China remains a slightly slow start, but obviously is still proceeding nicely anyway so far. The US appears to be open for business again (I think) but now has to regain momentum. Sales everywhere seem to be growing. New products. New markets.

All very rosy from where I'm sitting. Views?

And profit? Well, we still have to wait to see. The sales for the first 3 months have not propelled forward strongly, but we knew that the factory was awaiting approvals, that China wasn't really open yet and same US, so no surprise there? Seemingly those should be okay now or soon?

For profit update, we probably need to wait for the November update on sales. Hopefully they will announce Chinese approval before then, and maybe opening in new markets as well?

In general, the news continues to get better. Of course, some would say I'm always seeing the bright side! Nevertheless, I thought that sounded fairly healthy, all round.

Well done, Dunedin.

Discl: Obviously I own BLT shares.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Excellent news from the AGM today. https://nzx.com/files/attachments/197397.pdf

But they are STILL talking of profitable operation during this year. Yay!

But still ambiguous on some important fronts.

"our expectations remain for doubling revenue in the current financial year and a move to profitable operations during the year." Okay, some figures at last. Now a doubling of revenue by my VERY rough spreadsheet (do your own) suggests to me that that would make a profit before R&D, and amortisation and depreciation. So a talk of moving to profitable operations this year could mean: (a) my spreadsheet is wrong; (b) they know of costs and income I can't guess at (such as their contract work); (c) the words "move to" mean they will be there by the end, but not necessarily as a bottom line of the year; (d) they mean operating profit, not net profit; (e) ??

"Market access issues in US: previous inventory issues in US now resolved but North American sales not yet delivering to expectations." So does this mean the doors are open in the US again? Seems so. But now need to pick up pace again? "Resolved" sounds like things are ready to go again here?

"Current business strategy will lead to a much broader base of consumer product sales and include contract packing." This innocuous sentence strikes me as great news. This means the company should be much less vulnerable to setbacks, and compound growth should be the norm now? If so, then Blis finally achieved a safe future? Views on this anyone? Seems a pretty important question to me.

"BLIS has approval of its production facilities as a dairy exporter. Also need country specific approvals – such as Taiwan, Malaysia and China. China takes longer. Approvals completed for NZ and Australia." Again, what does this mean. On the face of it, sales could commence now in Australasia of food-related products. But then it did not say they would. Not sure what to take from this. However, Chinese approval not yet achieved. But then neither has Synl. got that yet, and they are sounding confident.

"The nutritional formulations are intended for Australasia and Asian markets." and "Products will include ice cream powders, yoghurt powders, beverage and functional foods." What are nutritional formulations? Does that just mean, "not tablets of Blis" or specifically food-related? Certainly bold target markets, but no idea of timing from this? Sounds imminent but is it?

"Sinopharm (the largest pharmaceutical company in China) is currently test-marketing consumer products with BLIS oral probiotics in 3 major cities through 30 pharmacies" 30 is good. And there is a photo of Blis very prominently displayed on a counter at one. Good partner to have, and they sound keen.

"Asia Pacific Partners is an important strategic partner with extensive business connections in Asia/Pacific and the Middle East. The first of their consumer products is close to launch." Close to launch? More news soon? Sounds good.

"New facility in the early stages of commercial production." Does that mean the factory is starting to fire on revenue? Or something else? Sounds like the former.

Bad news? None really, just that things have still been delayed?

Overall, this is a picture in line with my recent comments on compound growth. The company has got more channels in play now, and all channels seem to be doing just fine generally. China remains a slightly slow start, but obviously is still proceeding nicely anyway so far. The US appears to be open for business again (I think) but now has to regain momentum. Sales everywhere seem to be growing. New products. New markets.

All very rosy from where I'm sitting. Views?

And profit? Well, we still have to wait to see. The sales for the first 3 months have not propelled forward strongly, but we knew that the factory was awaiting approvals, that China wasn't really open yet and same US, so no surprise there? Seemingly those should be okay now or soon?

For profit update, we probably need to wait for the November update on sales. Hopefully they will announce Chinese approval before then, and maybe opening in new markets as well?

In general, the news continues to get better. Of course, some would say I'm always seeing the bright side! Nevertheless, I thought that sounded fairly healthy, all round.

Well done, Dunedin.

Discl: Obviously I own BLT shares.
    Thanks Simla,
    The picture on the last page says it for me. Its taking off.
    Cheers
    Miner
    Disc: Glad I have some.