sharetrader
Page 418 of 764 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 7632
    Guru

Nevertheless your baby seems to be the more exciting of the NZX shares around ATM--You must be happy with that

Advanced Member

If things go as I hope, there won't be too much of the "At The Moment". However, this is still probably an early blip that will settle down failing early news. Next report in about a month.

I always go with "I don't know" as Blis has never lost it's ability to produce the unexpected! Definitely one of the more interesting companies around by a country mile. Most companies are doing one or two things at a time, but Blis always has so many irons in the fire, and they usually pay off sooner or later. For example, I think people have quite underestimated the effect of the recent Board changes, and that is merely one thing going on.
    Last edited by simla; 08-10-2014 at 12:12 PM.

....yes Simla and I do believe the results will speak for themselves and to use an appropriate phrase, those positive results will naturally be spread by "word of mouth".
    I can see future growth (in revenue) going exponential at some stage given the huge worldwide exposure we already have....it wont happen over night (as we know!) BUT it will happen. Exciting times not too far ahead......but steady steady is the preference.....dont want to get ahead of ourselves!
    Have a Gr8day.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    If things go as I hope, there won't be too much of the "At The Moment". However, this is still probably an early blip that will settle down failing early news. Next report in about a month.

I always go with "I don't know" as Blis has never lost it's ability to produce the unexpected! Definitely one of the more interesting companies around by a country mile. Most companies are doing one or two things at a time, but Blis always has so many irons in the fire, and they usually pay off sooner or later. For example, I think people have quite underestimated the effect of the recent Board changes, and that is merely one thing going on.
    Yes similar to PEB in that respect(although a bit quiet atm)
    Agree about the importance of good management---When BLT was first brought to my attention it was sitting at 12cents so my viewpoit has a bit more history than some ,but hopefully with the new management(as with PEB ,I believe good marketing is the key) things will move forward--Those who have just invested have of course a rosier outlook than those who bought in some years back with the old management.

Disc. sitting things out in terms of new investments for a different reason than BLTs fundamentals--At this stage I am uncomfortable with the markets in general. I believe there is a correction due especially over in USA.
    Ive got my finger pretty close to the sell button with shares I have just in case it happens ,and then spills over.
    For those on board though--best of luck

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    a correction due especially over in USA ... Ive got my finger pretty close to the sell button with shares I have just in case it happens ,and then spills over
    Yes, poor old Blis has had to endure the GFC right through implementing it's new plan. I'm sure it has cost it some business customers who were just plain nervous. And, yes, overseas markets are nervous.

Hard to know when to stay in and when to keep out. Here's an interesting (and entirely fictional) story though. Skip down to the bit about Crystal and Sally, maybe. http://thecrux.com/two-simple-secret...estors-ignore/

Of course, there's no end of counter arguments about people invested in 1929 not getting any money back until 1960. Life is tricky.

Advanced Member

I always console myself with the fact that Kit Kat was launched in 1935

I always console myself with the fact that Kit Kat was launched in 1935
    like you SIMLA i have held Bils for a number of years, but I remain very optimistic. Good science, good product, investors in NZ I believe are too inpatient, these companies need time to scale up

Advanced Member

Well, it certainly has taken some time. There isn't anything they've done that I felt was plain wrong though, so apparently these things just take time. We don't really know how necessary the ice-cream step was, but it sure as heck proved that you could sell food containing Blis, which must surely be worth quite a bit in future sales? And obviously there were set backs, but again not from anything they did particularly wrong as far as I can tell. And other startups from the time are just getting up their wind now too. Maybe the impatience comes from the fact that our own lives are trickling away while we wait rather than the speed of the business ...

Guru

Yes, poor old Blis has had to endure the GFC right through implementing it's new plan. I'm sure it has cost it some business customers who were just plain nervous. And, yes, overseas markets are nervous.

Hard to know when to stay in and when to keep out. Here's an interesting (and entirely fictional) story though. Skip down to the bit about Crystal and Sally, maybe. http://thecrux.com/two-simple-secret...estors-ignore/

Of course, there's no end of counter arguments about people invested in 1929 not getting any money back until 1960. Life is tricky.
    Or my friend who bought my first shares (before I had an account ) there was an odd $3000 left (out of about $50000 so he bought shares in NWE with that for me @30cents a share (quite a few years back) (they were the only ones that didnt seem worth selling when the GFC was ramping up because theywent down so much)I just checked-- I think it was 1.2cents Dang!!

I had a taste of the other side of the coin with PEB--bought right before sales announcement--Boom SP dropped --this time I sold losing 10% (It was hard actually realizing the loss but things were not looking good for ole PEB at the time.
    Kept tabs --kept watching --when it got to 65 I thought-since I obviously like this co (Checked in most days) I feel at this price its worth giving them the benefit of the doubt--guess i got lucky cause ive made back my 10% and at least as much again---but I will not ride it down like some did if it happens again --i will lock in some profits if it heads back down.---You can always buy back in to the company you love--It will still be there-------This has no bearing on BLT at this stage--Seems like a good time to be in--just a comment on the story As a side note -those decisions were affected by what I learned from reading the DIL thread from start to finish one day----Thanx for the education Moosie and Hoop

Guru

This is one of the few I have checked that seems to have held up today after the carnage on wall street--congrats