sharetrader
Page 420 of 764 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 7632
    Advanced Member

Thanks for that, FP.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Thanks for that, FP.
    I still miss the ice cream which i used to buy from the Gourmet Ice Cream Ltd which is occupied the factory where bliss is now, especially the Speights old dark ice cream YUM

A research agreement between Blis and Nestle was first announced in 2007 and approximately two years later it was cancelled and another agreement announced. Since then we have heard nothing from Blis about it.

Next month it is two years since the complete genome of Blis K12 was published. Nestle paid for the sequencing to occur.

I wonder what Nestle have on the boil? I wonder about their time line. I wonder how many investors or potential investors even know Nestle are interested in Blis probiotics?

Does anyone have an opinion as to how the the possible downturn in the global economy will affect Blis? I'm hoping that it will push on through but am a little concerned that it might spook investors and have a few people move out of stock into less risky investment avenues. Theres also part of me that wants people to see the spread of diseases like ebola and think that they need to do more to protect their personal health actively on a day to day basis and in so doing want to buy products like Blis.

Advanced Member

Well, the share price is bouncing around this morning, no doubt in sympathy with world uncertainty. But obviously the aim of Blis is to become cash flow positive. The difficulty for us is knowing over what time scale. Anyone selling now is gambling that the time scale will not be short term, and that the world share markets are indeed in for a downturn. If Blis gets that cash flowing, the share price will no doubt gain some resilience. Until then there is no knowing.

Another observation is that (some people say that) every day commodities are a reasonable hedge in downturns. I can't say if that's true, but pretty obviously Blis is hoping to be one of those soonish. Again, we can't know if that will happen. It appears to be happening to a degree in NZ now.

If world share markets go nuts for a while, I guess Blis will probably be in for a choppy ride along with the rest. But there's no knowing if world markets really will do that - they talk of the "great rotation" out of stocks and into bonds, but actually a lot of people are selling bonds in various sub markets too. And there's no knowing if Blis has handy news up its sleeve.

We've had to live with Blis uncertainty up to now and it is likely we will continue with that for a bit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rego55 View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion as to how the the possible downturn in the global economy will affect Blis? I'm hoping that it will push on through but am a little concerned that it might spook investors and have a few people move out of stock into less risky investment avenues. Theres also part of me that wants people to see the spread of diseases like ebola and think that they need to do more to protect their personal health actively on a day to day basis and in so doing want to buy products like Blis.
    .....we're all in the same boat if we own ANY shares,, ie exposed to the follies and irrationalities of the market. As a longterm holder/believer in Blis I see no reason to remotely consider selling out at these current prices. These are those occasions to accumulate more at bargain prices.......think medium /longterm and suddenly you feel comfortable about the Blis Share Price........just keep buying in my opinion......as i hope to do. So regardless of which way the SP goes it's all good.

Yes I was also thinking of mentioning the "E" word in regard Blis. I agree Rego that any pandemic talk (EBOLA) may inadvertently help raise Blis' profile. We're funny things us humans..esp in high density populations like most of Asia.....panic buying of any health supplements may set in at some stage. At the very least microbial welfare may come to the surface again and no doubt anti-biotic over-use etc will be talked about (as it should be) and the link to Blis will be raised on many peoples computers.

Hope we've got enough stock to cope??!!
    Have a Gr8day.

Wait till the half year announcement in November. I'm sure that will settle down the nerves of BLT investors ...and possibly enthuse some of those waiting on the side line.

Discl: Long term holder since 2005

AWOL

BLT is at .24buy and 25 sell.
    It closed at .023 yesterday
    I had an order at .024 buy
    After waiting a while I amended to .025buy
    Order rejected
    Ok
    Cancelled order
    Placed new order at .025buy
    Order Rejected
    Can anyone explain this apparently daft carry on
    Its not lack of funds
    I have reinstalled a buy order at .024 which it is quite happy with.
    I rang ASB but being being pretty deaf it was a wasted exercise.
    About all I could get was some connection with the closing price.
    Any help appreciated.
    Cheers
    Miner

.....HI MINER, clearly something wrong there. Have you just tried buying "at market".....see if that works. There's only $5k worth sitting there at 2.5c anyway..I think you should just buy the lot. ( and no theyre not mine, Im a HOLDER on this one) I doubt you will ever regret it ....IMHO.
    Have a Gr8day.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .....HI MINER, clearly something wrong there. Have you just tried buying "at market".....see if that works. There's only $5k worth sitting there at 2.5c anyway..I think you should just buy the lot. ( and no theyre not mine, Im a HOLDER on this one) I doubt you will ever regret it ....IMHO.
    I concur.