sharetrader
Page 421 of 763 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 7628
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .....HI MINER, clearly something wrong there. Have you just tried buying "at market".....see if that works. There's only $5k worth sitting there at 2.5c anyway..I think you should just buy the lot. ( and no theyre not mine, Im a HOLDER on this one) I doubt you will ever regret it ....IMHO.
    Just trying to get a few to top up, GR8DAY
    Ill give at market another go, rejected the first time I tried it but it was an amendment
    Damn frustrating not to get shares at a sell price that is clearly visible
    Nobody else is either or they werent.
    Thanks for the help
    Cheers

AWOL

Somethings haywire ..

Just placed a buy order at market which it accepted and its just sitting there as an open order ,no price, with bid at . 024 and sell at .025
    No other sales either
    Have emailed ASB
    Still nothing 12:50
    Email reply. Yay
    Good afternoon.

Thanks for your email.

Spoke to the Operators who advised that they cannot push the price up and have put your order on the market at 2.4cents which means you are second in the queue for buyers. They have advised if there is any trade at 2.5cents they will push your order through.( I tried to place an order at .025 at 11.00 am)

ASB Securities as an NZX Firm is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the market with the concept of a ‘Fair, Orderly and Transparent Market’. This is reflected in regulations such as the NZX Participant Rules and also in legislation such as the Securities Markets Act. Price volatility is key in terms of maintaining an ‘orderly market’.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you

Whats disorderly about that????
    Does this make sense to anyone
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 14-10-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Advanced Member

Possible thoughts. 1. Cancel the order, start again? 2. Have you entered an order at 25 cents or .025 cents, ie is the decimal in the right place? 3. Is BLT halted for an announcement, as I've never yet found out where that shows 4. As them again, more clearly of your puzzlement? 5. Ask the nzx.

All very strange as you outline it.

......Im picking you might be right Simla re option 2?? But then again I dont think Miner was after the quantities to push the price thru to 25c.......hey but what a nice thought.........let me just get my calculator........hmmmmm, not enough zeros.
    Have a Gr8day.

Advanced Member

So can anyone tell me where you look to see if a stock is actually halted for any reason? It has always defeated me. Ta.

AWOL

All trades made by me had the figure .025. If it had been anything else it would have been reflected in the order total when it was placed. Its only 12400 shares at .025 = 310.00 plus 30.00. Just rounding up with a bit of spare.
    Cheers
    Miner

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    ...who advised that they cannot push the price up and have put your order on the market at 2.4cents which means you are second in the queue for buyers. They have advised if there is any trade at 2.5cents they will push your order through....as an NZX Firm is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the market with the concept of a ‘Fair, Orderly and Transparent Market’.
    Perhaps they are saying the order is too small to accept as a price-movement-maker in a highly volatile market under internal rules? That is, not that they cannot push the price up of your order, but that they cannot push the price up of the share itself on the back of such a small trade given the huge recent move? There probably are restrictions, anyone know them?

After all, going from 2.3 cents to 2.5 would represent a price jump of about 10%, which would instantly put it at the top of today's gainers.
    Last edited by simla; 14-10-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    All trades made by me had the figure .025. If it had been anything else it would have been reflected in the order total when it was placed. Its only 12400 shares at .025 = 310.00 plus 30.00. Just rounding up with a bit of spare.
    Cheers
    Miner
    10% commission - wow.

My guess is that due to the small size, they couldn't justify moving the market so much. Does make you how those trades of 1 share go though on some companies though.

AWOL

Well I dont know what all that was about. In desperation I pulled the order and put it through ANZ - bingo - straight through.
    More than one way of skinning a cat.
    Thanks for all the suggestions
    Much appreciated

From what I can gather if the last sale of the day is below the opening buy bid and the next sell bid is 10% or more than the last sale then it gets blocked.
    Wonder what would have happened if I had won lotto and wanted a million bucks worth.

Think they might need some probiotics to get the cobwebs out.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    10% commission - wow.

My guess is that due to the small size, they couldn't justify moving the market so much. Does make you how those trades of 1 share go though on some companies though.
    Dont worry, my average is under 13c . There is a long way to go with this one, lets hope its a speedy trip!