sharetrader
Page 424 of 766 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 7657

Blis is found to give great benefit for ABs in the fight against strep throat which leads to rheumatic heart disease later in life. Research underway. Govt funded research but DYOR.

老外

The thing in China too is that they are up against a couple of factors:

1. For whatever reason (maybe linked to 2) Chinese people hardly ever seem to get colds/flu. I have lived here for 3 years and had a tiny cold once! Despite it seeming to be a perfect breeding ground for these viruses (lots of hosts in close proximity all the time)
    2. Chinese traditional medicine is used extensively for cold/flu/sore throat symptoms when they appear and is actually VERY good at stopping them in their tracks. My Chinese friend I lived with would give me one of 2 medicines (depending on symptoms) when I started showing signs of a cold/flu. 9 times out of 10 it would be gone after 3-4 doses. The medicine was just dissolved in hot water and drunk like tea, was pretty foul tasting but worked.

Maybe they should be aiming their anti gum disease/tooth decay products at the Chinese market first? That is where some real potential lies as Chinese people's teeth health is pretty poor.

.......and that's precisely what Blis is all about BLOBBLES.....oral decay/diesease/ gum/tooth ....NOT flu/colds.....but YES throat ailments. So it sounds like we're in the right place and hopefully right time. Maybe they have already been cleaned out of stock thus nothing left on the shelves?? At least Blis products arnt foul tasting (the chinese kids will love them)....and they work more like science rather than magic!
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    The thing in China too is that they are up against a couple of factors:

1. For whatever reason (maybe linked to 2) Chinese people hardly ever seem to get colds/flu. I have lived here for 3 years and had a tiny cold once! Despite it seeming to be a perfect breeding ground for these viruses (lots of hosts in close proximity all the time)
    2. Chinese traditional medicine is used extensively for cold/flu/sore throat symptoms when they appear and is actually VERY good at stopping them in their tracks. My Chinese friend I lived with would give me one of 2 medicines (depending on symptoms) when I started showing signs of a cold/flu. 9 times out of 10 it would be gone after 3-4 doses. The medicine was just dissolved in hot water and drunk like tea, was pretty foul tasting but worked.

Maybe they should be aiming their anti gum disease/tooth decay products at the Chinese market first? That is where some real potential lies as Chinese people's teeth health is pretty poor.
    Fair enough questions and observations but surely Blis's distribution partner in China and (especially)Sinopharm have a good understanding of their market and have decided to go with K12 for sound reasons? I certainly hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    NOT flu/colds
    It does have an effect on flu, despite it being a virus, and colds because it downregulates the immune system and alters a number of hosts genes. There are several published papers about this side of things including this one:
    http://iai.asm.org/content/76/9/4163.full

hi all....... its me again...... mr negative
    just been reading the last several posts and am getting a twinge of excitement again.
    it seems as if it has always been ..... that the products work and work well.
    but the uptake of these products is very slow, or at just the novelty zone.
    here is a waaay left of center question......
    could blis products be so good at saving peoples health and possibly peoples lives that
    the world cant afford a "super medicine" with the current state of the world?

the reasoning behind this question is penicillin from a century or so ago.......
    way back then....... it was laughed at, then ridiculed, then used by non conformist practitioners,
    then....... became mainstream..... then became a world savior........
    to the point it is the greatest savor of human life this world as ever seen.........

so in todays world..... with a hugely over populated population....... is this something that the world
    could really handle?

blis products have been tried on many frontiers, in many countries by many corporations and many governments........
    and the results are always positive ........ yet ..... the products always seem to be held back with red tape.
    why is this?

that is my biggest concern.... why hold back something that works well?
    is it big business and big government?
    or is it the secretive world order group.......who ever they are.....
    hindering the progress of blis products?

I have always been a supporter of blis...... but have also been a big critic....... not that my critique is worth that much!

so what is really going on?
    those that use it, those that study it, those that develop it, and those that sell it....... know it works,
    yet ..... it has very low market penetration.

all i ask is why.
    and until things change i cant afford to invest more into this, until this awesome product is accepted in global society.

sorry for my conspiracy friday evening post.
    Last edited by neopoleII; 31-10-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Advanced Member

Is there a secret world order? Well, there probably are small groups here and there who imagine they are controlling the world. But pretty well everyone seems to go with the money in the end, and hunger for money usually screws up people's judgement of what is a good idea. So I don't think any of those groups will be taking over the world just yet myself. Because if one group succeeds, the others lose money.

However, money is probably an easier explanation for why probiotics are struggling. Where is the profit in pushing probiotics when compared to the turnover in a big supermarket, for instance? For example, we eat lentils a lot in our house and that costs a fifth or less the cost of eating meat. But good luck finding lentils in the supermarket as there is little profit in them compared to a packet of salty, sweet or fatty food. In fact, I've been buying them for years and I do not think I have ever yet met anyone buying them at the same time as me! Little profit = little advertising = little demand?

Advanced Member

Further to the discussion of a week or two ago, about whether the world was teetering, some people may find this viewpoint reassuring. http://howestreet.com/2014/10/joy-2/

I'm not endorsing the viewpoint, merely reporting it.

Banned

Good Post as always Simla.

Good to have constructive posters... have been in and out of Blis ... but now in and intend to remain so.

BTW.. I travel often.. always use their product on Long Haul flights.. never had a sore throat, or cold..

cheers

老外

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Is there a secret world order? Well, there probably are small groups here and there who imagine they are controlling the world. But pretty well everyone seems to go with the money in the end, and hunger for money usually screws up people's judgement of what is a good idea. So I don't think any of those groups will be taking over the world just yet myself. Because if one group succeeds, the others lose money.

However, money is probably an easier explanation for why probiotics are struggling. Where is the profit in pushing probiotics when compared to the turnover in a big supermarket, for instance? For example, we eat lentils a lot in our house and that costs a fifth or less the cost of eating meat. But good luck finding lentils in the supermarket as there is little profit in them compared to a packet of salty, sweet or fatty food. In fact, I've been buying them for years and I do not think I have ever yet met anyone buying them at the same time as me! Little profit = little advertising = little demand?
    TBH I think BLIS are going to have problems for quite a while for an important reason - big pharma has a very large interest in selling medications to manage symptoms of incurable viruses, which are the same viruses probiotics prevents you from catching. Let's be honest here and state that big pharma companies don't really give a toss about the overall health of the general public, if they did they would be advocating healthy eating and exercise programs. But if they did this they damn well know they would have less customers for their products, less profit etc.

BLIS is stuck in this zone too. Selling preventative medicines directly attacks parts of big pharmas current core business by depriving them of potential customers. Hence the lack of support for BLIS from mainstream pharma and likely subtle undermining of their business (think about previously soured deals and then wonder why they have been so "unlucky").

But that isn't to say it's a lost cause in my books. A pharmaceutical company that isn't involved heavily in cold/flu/strep throat etc medication could snap them up as a way to enter the market at the other end and undermine the current regime. Or alternatively BLIS could become mainstream enough to become self supporting and grow huge.
    Last edited by blobbles; 01-11-2014 at 11:15 PM.