sharetrader
Page 440 of 764 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 7632

If someone is going to the AGM would they mind asking and reporting back on;
    1, How long the patents have to run on K12 and M18 etc before other parties can jump on the bandwagon.
    2, With nearly 50% of shopping in China now being done on the internet has the company got the appropriate websites to capitalise in that market and its other non English speaking markets.
    3. What level of turnover is required to enable the company to start making acceptable profits on the approximate $30 million invested by shareholders to date and when is it likely to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    So I better weigh in here... To it's credit, the increase in revenue as posted in the last annual report is probably some of the better new which has come out of this wee company. Skid mentioned marketing (or lack thereof) as being an issue with PEB and BLT. Don't know much about BLT in this area but I do know that PEB no longer have any 'marketers' on staff and that the majority of it is done by a Dunedin agency.

Incidentally I remember first year lectures from John Tagg about 'Blis', bit of a showman in his day in the lecture hall.

BLT could be a great little company, but the fact the same management is still there is poor performance by the board. You cant really expect someone with experience running large, operationally/commodity focused dairy companies (as they explicitly were when he was there) to know alot about how to take some valuable IP and transform that into consumer focused products in the nutritionals (for lack of a better word). They've just hired someone ex SFF (byproducts, not meat, i.e. no FMCG experience) to lead them into Asia and I see they are hiring for a product/business development manager too.
    Agree with pretty much all of this - $30m later with patents running out it, failed forays into ice cream manufacturing - it is an embarrassment. Where I differ (and I think I have posted previously on it) is the method to market - I don't think they need FMCG experience and the root of their problems is the lack of clarity on their method to market. They don't seem to know if they are an ingredient company, a finished product wholesaler or a direct to market retailer. I hadn't seen the job advert but if they are looking for a product/business manager then that just highlights my point - are they developing products or sales?

IMO they don't have the resources to start a new round of product development - and being blunt even if they came up with another good product I have no confidence they would know what to do with it anyway. Nor do they have the war chest to successfully take the finished product route - shelf space, marketing, co-op advertising, just in time deliver, vendor refill etc etc

I would focus on the ingredients stick to one part of the supply chain and do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    ....$30m later with patents running out it....
    Does anyone know when the patents expire? From what i can tell US patents expire 20 years after filing date. The earliest Blis patent I can find was filed on Dec 21 2001, so I assume this will expire Dec 2021? Do Blis list patents and their expiry, and the importance of each patent anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    If someone is going to the AGM would they mind asking and reporting back on;
    1, How long the patents have to run on K12 and M18 etc before other parties can jump on the bandwagon.
    2, With nearly 50% of shopping in China now being done on the internet has the company got the appropriate websites to capitalise in that market and its other non English speaking markets.
    3. What level of turnover is required to enable the company to start making acceptable profits on the approximate $30 million invested by shareholders to date and when is it likely to occur.
    You can probably submit your questions to the meeting in advance. They should then be answered at the AGM.
    There is finally a M18 study being done at the Dental School. It is to do with orthodontics.It is only a small trial, so going by previous results even if the results are fantastic it will just trigger endless bigger trials with no commercial benefit.

Blisfool

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    You can probably submit your questions to the meeting in advance. They should then be answered at the AGM.
    There is finally a M18 study being done at the Dental School. It is to do with orthodontics.It is only a small trial, so going by previous results even if the results are fantastic it will just trigger endless bigger trials with no commercial benefit.
    If anyone out there is going to the AGM, can you ask for an update on sales for the first 3 months of the current FY.
    hopefully the improvement of the last 2 years continues.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/267728

Gathering steam!

confidence that BLIS will increase sales by at least 75% over last year with a small operating deficit before interest, tax, depreciation & amortization expected for the 2016 financial year.
    Last edited by psychic; 31-07-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Guru

I think they may finally have got traction in world markets. Should be exponential from here as it is a fantastic product. What a long wait it has been. I hope Simla has hung in there to reap the benefits!

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Does anyone know when the patents expire? From what i can tell US patents expire 20 years after filing date. The earliest Blis patent I can find was filed on Dec 21 2001, so I assume this will expire Dec 2021? Do Blis list patents and their expiry, and the importance of each patent anywhere?
    The Business update just released mentions patents expiring 2020-2023. They say "Blis has a stategy to build on patents, While important, they are only one aspect of the IP

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Should be exponential from here as it is a fantastic product.
    Nearly a Mil in the first quarter so $4.5m for the full year should be achievable. Still in a loss position so I guess the question is how much more can they grow and can they increase margins.