sharetrader
Page 444 of 764 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 7632
    Advanced Member

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be going if he wasn't confident things were looking pretty good now. His dedication to duty has surely been more than exemplary.

Barry has done a fantastic job, in my opinion. The company was somewhat lost when he arrived, but now has multiple international markets, considerable global brand awareness, excellent scientific prowess, and is probably now on a sustainable basis for cash as well, and quite a diverse income base to work with now, has multiple business partners who seem keen, there seems to be a solid staff now, and the company is hopefully about to look at profit.

It is sad that he didn't get the boom times as a reward while in office, but it seems pretty likely he will see those soon enough from the sidelines anyway. Multiple setbacks around 2011/2012 were not the company's fault, but cost the company maybe 3 years in recovery mode, and I was always keenly aware that that would impact on the working life of all staff at Blis. Three years is quite an extra cost in anyone's working life. Indeed, in my own investing life too!

Nine years is a long time to stay in a job, and we are very lucky he did. I have no difficulty at all expressing considerable gratitude for his time in office and admiration for what he has achieved. He has done NZ a huge favour in bringing this company to fruition. He has done so very quietly compared to other CEOs in NZ, but his achievements seem considerable to me.

Wow.

Advanced Member

By the way, I see no reason why the company should not now continue well. He has built a very solid base indeed for the next person to work with.

Advanced Member

It says he leaves at the end of the financial year. I wonder if maybe he is expecting to go out on a high with a maiden half year profit! Well, very thoroughly deserved if that is the plan. We'll have to wait and see for that one!

Change is the only constant in life. It can still be very sad. I'm very sorry to hear that news.

Outside thinking.

Agree Simla, I like the timing (as it allows transition time) and am hopeful they find a great replacement to build on the legacy.

Advanced Member

Build on the legacy. Nicely put. I expect that is exactly what will happen next. Life never stands still.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be going if he wasn't confident things were looking pretty good now. His dedication to duty has surely been more than exemplary.

Barry has done a fantastic job, in my opinion. The company was somewhat lost when he arrived, but now has multiple international markets, considerable global brand awareness, excellent scientific prowess, and is probably now on a sustainable basis ... I have no difficulty at all expressing considerable gratitude for his time in office and admiration for what he has achieved. Wow.
    Couldn't agree more, Simla. I often thought I should quit BLT as a hopeless cause, but somehow my predeliction for innovative NZ startups kept me in there and I've watched its recent progress with increasing optimism. I was a bit surprised that the announcement came out during trading hours. Almost price sensitive, I thought. He could be hard to replace, but then maybe it's an opportunity to find someone with slightly different strengths.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    I often thought I should quit BLT as a hopeless cause.
    I think I can honestly say that it never really seriously crossed my mind that BLT would fail. That's why I always found it so strange when people expressed so many doubts on this group over the years.

It always seemed obvious that we had an intelligent brain working tirelessly leading the way, creating a market for a genuinely good product, and with a bunch of keen shareholders, and a very dedicated board, and I saw little reason to think that mere misfortunes would bring things to a halt.

It is a measure of that persistence that the handover has been held back until the company is apparently in a strong enough state to be a reasonably clean handover. Or so it appears to me. Others no doubt have their own opinions.
    Last edited by simla; 03-08-2015 at 10:44 PM.

Advanced Member

I am very sad at that news. I know that 9 years is a long time to stay in a job. And I dare say the company is on pretty strong foundations now for the future. But I am very sad at that news. It is the end of one era, and the start of another.

I'll happily say I'm a bit taken aback with the recent positive news, good on them. Appears there has (is) a bit of a 'changing of the guard' occuring with BLT, with this being the 3rd senior member leaving in 6 months. Any speculation on who would be a good replacement for Barry?

I heard that the Board was in discussions with a mysterious individual known only as Simla. Just a rumour at this stage but I'm hopeful.