sharetrader
Page 445 of 764 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 7632
    Advanced Member

Yeah, I'll just zoom around the world all the time managing a complex web of business relationships, legal requirements, scientific matters, and production issues, all while keeping my finger on the cash situation, and leading from the front with an inspired marketing approach. Do it in my sleep mate!

Happily there are indeed people who can do that, and now their job is to find a few of those to choose from. It will be interesting to see the final result. I don't expect we'll hear a choice for many months. Meanwhile business as usual, I suppose.

Advanced Member

There seems to be no negative reaction in the market to the foreshadowed resignation.

That is the ultimate accolade for Barry, of course, as presumably the view is that he has created something enduring. That is certainly my outlook. But it must also feel a bitter-sweet moment.

Putting together the nine years with the overall situation, I have to think it quite likely that he might have left earlier but very generously stayed on to put the company on a solid footing after various setbacks of a few years ago, which must have been a lot of work. What a thoroughly decent thing to do.

As the release about the resignation said: “At the recent AGM we forecasted a further large increase in revenues based on orders now in the pipeline. I think the company is in a place where it has a bright future and I am proud to have played a part in that,” said Dr Richardson.

I think we have been very lucky in having our CEO.
    Last edited by simla; 04-08-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Unfortunately It looks like trade volume has dropped back to 0 today

It was ticking along nicely the last few trading days as per the announcements

Does anyone know when the Full Year Report is due?

I thought it was sometime this month!

Advanced Member

Full year was in May, AGM last week. Next half year result in about 14 weeks or so, which I dare say we will be interested in.

Blisfool

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    I am very sad at that news. I know that 9 years is a long time to stay in a job. And I dare say the company is on pretty strong foundations now for the future. But I am very sad at that news. It is the end of one era, and the start of another.
    Simla; I Totally agree with your sentiments about Barry Richardson. He has had to deal with everything from product recalls because some idiot tampered with Blis product on store shelves to a global financial crisis. If you follow this thread and its predecessor back 9 years you will find it littered with some extreme lows, false starts and just around the corner stories. It has been a tough roller coaster ride for us train spotters, I can only imagine how hard it has been for Barry. His stickabilty and unflapping faith in the product kept me in the game. Well done Barry, thank you for all your hard work.

......yep agree with most of the sentiments voiced here re Barrys resignation ie he's achieved probably all he needed to in those 9yrs (some might say more) and now new blood (read NEW ENTHUSIASM) will carry BLIS forward on what appears to be a very solid and sustainable foundation. I take this as excellent well timed news for our company and I envy the person who is fortunate enough to step into Barrys shoes and lead us forward.......I think MOST of the real hard work has been done (by Barry&his team) and the new CEO can focus primarily on driving sales globally. The right person could/should be looking for annual growth of 50% plus pa I believe for the next few years.......no pressure of course but lets watch this thing really get up and fly now.....$10m, 20m, 40m.......move over PEB.......someone tell me to calm down please.....I might take some of that new BK18 see if that works!
    Have a Gr8day.

I also totally agree with the sentiments. Barry has done an amazing job and should be proud of his achievements. 1 Million thanks to Barry and his team.

Jeez, didn't know Barry had so many children. Well done Dad

Might have done some good science, but not a great financial success during his tenure
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ......yep agree with most of the sentiments voiced here re Barrys resignation ie he's achieved probably all he needed to in those 9yrs (some might say more) and now new blood (read NEW ENTHUSIASM) will carry BLIS forward on what appears to be a very solid and sustainable foundation. I take this as excellent well timed news for our company and I envy the person who is fortunate enough to step into Barrys shoes and lead us forward.......I think MOST of the real hard work has been done (by Barry&his team) and the new CEO can focus primarily on driving sales globally. The right person could/should be looking for annual growth of 50% plus pa I believe for the next few years.......no pressure of course but lets watch this thing really get up and fly now.....$10m, 20m, 40m.......move over PEB.......someone tell me to calm down please.....I might take some of that new BK18 see if that works!
    Move over PEB?---Jeez your not setting the bar to high

This sort of thing is normally disturbing news -I admire your optimisim---best of luck and lets hope your right

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez, didn't know Barry had so many children. Well done Dad

Might have done some good science, but not a great financial success during his tenure
    Thank you! I thought I was losing it reading this rubbish! $10m in losses under his helm, $30k of fines, forays into ice cream, no clear plan, no production facilities - time running out on patents and reading this stuff you would think he should be knighted.

Some very strange ideas on success here!?