sharetrader
Page 10 of 764 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast
    Impatient

Default On another note....

what's the story with the latest Blis statement talking up their 'retail strategy' in New Zealand???? I recall the board and Barry making it very clear at the AGM that they wanted to move away from the NZ retail business and focus solely on overseas markets. So now they're back paying attention to the NZ market? Am I missing something or does the management + borad not know what they actually want? (including Barry, of whom everybody seems to think that the sun shines out of his...well, I haven't seen any concrete results yet.......Barry, if you read this: SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!)

Impatient

Default why...

...are these BLT managers/directors still running the show then? If the product is promising (and I think it is), it must be the management at fault. Agree that Barry is better than what we had before him, though he comes at a high cost with very few (if any 'real') positive results so far. I am amazed by the naivety I'm encountering here - thank god I'm not holding as many shares as some of the other forum members here, as I for one would be very, very VERY angry with how my money is being burnt here.

On the other hand I might do the other forum members wrong - if they hold substantial shares, they HAVE to spread some (desperate) optimism in order to talk their own shares' value up :-)

Am I wrong?

tsb

This has disaster written all over it and they will do doubt have to go through another costly exercise to try and raise some dosh or do a Feltex.
    Maybe thats the plan!
    I'm not playing this time either

Quote Originally Posted by Impatient View Post
    what's the story with the latest Blis statement talking up their 'retail strategy' in New Zealand???? I recall the board and Barry making it very clear at the AGM that they wanted to move away from the NZ retail business and focus solely on overseas markets. So now they're back paying attention to the NZ market? Am I missing something or does the management + borad not know what they actually want? (including Barry, of whom everybody seems to think that the sun shines out of his...well, I haven't seen any concrete results yet.......Barry, if you read this: SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!)
    The strategy is clear and has nto changed i.e. to use Pharmabroker (re quote below from AGM 1 Aug 07).
    "Dr Barry Richardson, who
    was appointed as Chief Executive in August 2006, is a key to the successful
    implementation of this strategy. He has considerable international business
    to business marketing experience from his time in the dairy industry. While
    new product development is an important component of the new strategy, the
    Company's resources do not allow a major focus on marketing of consumer
    products. Hence the Company's direct involvement in the local market has
    been reduced, and Pharmabroker took over the NZ marketing in May"

Thumbs down Blistex?

I think that BLT are more focused in research than marketing, the whole idea of listing was in my opinion to access more funds to continue research, therefore I don't see them actually putting much effort into anything as long as there is some cash to fund their main emphasis, remember these people are motivated more by kudos in the scientific community than having a big bank account.
    I don't bloody believe it

Quote Originally Posted by Scuffer View Post
    I think that BLT are more focused in research than marketing ...
    I agree Scuffer. They seem to want the cash for research papers and professional advancement that goes with the learned publications and leave the marketing as an add-on for someone else under patent agreements. They also get research grants to keep them going. That seems to be the strategy but for us who have money invested ...where's the payback?

I hope holders with rights offer them to the market even if there's no profit. It will give the opportunity for BLT to get that cash they need so badly from other buyers (perhaps) ...must be pretty desperate to try to raise cash just before Xmas.

I don't often agree with you but the evidence supports your last opinion Columbus.

Anyone wanting to sell a small parcel of BLT rights hits a $30 selling fee. It's hardly worth selling even with a large parcel ...so no sales made and no real chance of picking up new shareholders either.

It's hard not to interpret this RI as a fairly desperate attempt to raise cash. The margin between current SP and market price is far too tight. Nothing in it for anyone ...but a large dilution effect (perhaps not so large?)

If nobody sells their rights and they don't take up their option to buy like what happened with BOZ earlier this year does that mean that BLT then can on sell a large number of shares to some large investor at a cut price.

Thumbs down

My point exactly, not in the shareholders best inerests at all.

BLT 1/2 year due out today (just before market close - bad news), or tomorrow (morning - good news)? The RI bumpf said BLT were on track to be cashflow +ve this year - so looking for some proof of that at least and hopefully some indications that there is any point to putting more dosh into this company.