sharetrader
Page 104 of 764 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    It is unlikely to be as high as even $2. Swanson sell Oral Ultra Probiotic with 3 billion K12 for US$5.99 for 30 tablets.
    Actually there are 3 billion bacteria, but K12 is only one of six ingredients in their 'propritary blend'. They don't actually tell us how much K12 is in each tablet.

Also, we were talking about the BioGuard product which has 75 tablets where as the Swanson only has 30. So $5.99 * 2.5 = $15. So it is possible that Simla is close. Or I was. Or you are. I really don't know!

I have come to the conclusion that our ability to forecast the full year revenue with any certainty is very minimal. We just don't have enough information to be accurate.

All we know is that their is quite a lot happening around the planet, and the news is likely to be pretty good (or at least I am expecting it to be).

That said, trying to come up with a forecast is a good way to get the brain ticking over so I'm certainly not discouraging it!
    Last edited by emearg; 10-01-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo

Do any of you guys know who are the majority shareholders of Blis shares? I recall reading it some time ago, so it must be public knowledge. I gather most of these shareholders hold on to their shares as turnover in Blis shares is quite light. Would I be right to assume most of the current selling is by those prudent (although maybe at the time, some might have said foolish!!) enough to buys Blis on the earlier lows of this year?

Easiest way to find out is to check out the annual report. It is on the Blis site if you don't have a copy.

It is really hard to know who is selling unless a notice goes through.

People thought the buyers were mad at 4 cents. No doubt many think buyers now at 11 - 13 cents are mad as well. They may be right but if they are that makes me pretty darn crazy!!!

I bought some on the lows (4 cents) and I'm not selling! I now wish I had bought more, but there were plenty of options for money back in the day (early 2009). Was good buying, and not just for Blis. People were scared, especially of the speculative shares.

Perhaps some long time holders who bought at prices many times the current price have had more than enough and have decided to get out while the share price is above it's lows?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that our ability to forecast the full year revenue with any certainty is very minimal. We just don't have enough information to be accurate.
    The most likely result remains steady but good growth, as reputation takes time to grow. But it sure is nice to finally see the definite possibility of upside surprises, and also the decreased chance of downside surprises. Of course, we still haven't actually seen a maiden profit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by brucea View Post
    Do any of you guys know who are the majority shareholders of Blis shares?
    Holders with more than 1m shares and %

OTAGO INNOVATION LIMITED 7,481,433 5.39
    EDINBURGH EQUITY NOMINEE LIMITED 7,017,544 5.05
    MICHAEL HERBERT BIRD 7,000,000 5.04
    CUSTODIAL SERVICES LIMITED <4 A/C> 5,713,500 4.11
    SOUTHERN DIAGNOSTICS LIMITED 4,433,609 3.19
    BABO INVESTMENTS LIMITED 2,509,870 1.81
    JOHN ROBERT TAGG 2,413,878 1.74
    LOUIS MERVYN CRIMP 2,185,055 1.57
    PORTFOLIO CUSTODIAN LIMITED <22560 A/C> 1,700,000 1.22
    FORSYTH BARR CUSTODIANS LIMITED <1L A/C> 1,575,090 1.13
    LEE PATERSON FAMILY TRUST COMPANY LIMITED 1,415,958 1.02
    NEW ZEALAND CENTRAL SECURITIES DEPOSITORY LIMITED 1,376,045 0.99
    MINGCHUN QIU 1,200,000 0.86
    BEVAN HUGH WALLACE 1,071,000 0.77
    SOK E BOEY & KAY H CHIAM & YEOW A CHIAM & SHEN M CHIAM * 1,000,000 0.72
    JOHN RICHARD PROSSER 1,000,000 0.72
    JOHN WASHINGTON SMITH 1,000,000 0.72
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Many thanks Silverlight... does anyone know who "Southern Diagnostics Limited" is? Is that connected with Southern Community Laboratories that is now owned by Healthscope? I have googled but cannot find any reference to this company

Quote Originally Posted by brucea View Post
    does anyone know who "Southern Diagnostics Limited" is?
    According to Companies Office website beneficial owners are:

Christopher John Swann & Trevor Donald Scott.

Edit: Additionally the sole director is Stuart McKinlay (head of mastercard NZ) and was a director of Hirequip (southern capital limited) which delisted in April 2007.
    Last edited by Silverlight; 11-01-2010 at 11:58 AM.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Default Frutarom Upgraded To Buy From Neutral At UBS

TEL AVIV -- Frutarom , the Haifa, Israel, producer of flavors and fragrances, was upgraded to buy from neutral at UBS, where analysts Thomas Gilbert and Roni Biron boosted their 12-month price target to 45 shekels from 32 shekels (to $11.99 from $8.53). "Due to a niche position in the flavors market and a focused growth-orientated management, Frutarom has above-average growth potential from here. At current valuations ... this potential is greatly underappreciated," the analysts wrote in a report dated Wednesday. The company's private-label business is gaining market share; Frutarom provides quality service to small and mid-size foods producers; and it has room to grow in emerging markets, the analysts wrote. In addition, "management has an impressive track record of delivering" on acquisitions, they wrote. Acquisitions from 2009 through 2013 should add 14% a year to revenue, the UBS analysts wrote.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/mar...Real+Estate%29

Advanced Member

It certainly is a good sign that a company like Frutarom is apparently embracing Blis quite actively. Consider http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Frutar...tml?x=0&.v=101 :

"Frutarom sales in the third quarter of 2009 totaled US$ 111.6 M"
    "Frutarom (LSE: FRUT, TASE: FRUT, OTC: FRUTF, OTC: FRUTF.PK) the seventh largest company in the field of flavors and specialty fine ingredients..."

The implication is presumably that they think the sales potential of Blis is worth the effort on the scale that they work to (although they do sell a lot of products.) Indeed, when Blis announced the Frutarom alliance in October 2008 http://www.blis.co.nz/userfiles/file...ber%202008.pdf :

"Mr Laurent Leduc is the Vice President of the Health Division for Frutarom USA. He said “This is a significant opportunity for us to expand our business around a product with both an exceptional safety profile and excellent record of clinical validation for its effectiveness in preventing many common infections of the upper airways and oral cavity.” “The great thing about BLIS K12,” Mr Leduc said, “is that it has no peers in the market. This product is unique and with the patents around it, it will likely remain that way for a long time”

I wonder what their internal sales targets are for Blis.
    Last edited by simla; 11-01-2010 at 10:37 PM.

One very interesting future development - I am sure I read that Blis referred to the application of K12 (or maybe it is a related strain of streptococcus) for treating skin infections (??impetigo maybe??) but I have not heard further about this. Does anyone have further information? If this proved successful there could be a huge market for this type of product.