sharetrader
Page 113 of 764 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 7632

Here is an article about yoghurt being the food of the decade. It is focused on the US:
    http://whrefresh.com/2010/01/28/what...of-the-decade/

The interesting bit is 'Probiotic yogurts, especially, have been going like gangbusters ever since 2006, when Dannon’s Activia line debuted to the tune of $130 million in first-year sales.'

Advanced Member

$130m first-year sales for a single brand of yoghurt? I'll take that.

And Amazon reported sales of $9.52 billion last (Christmas) quarter. Aided by the Kindle no doubt. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100129/...s_earns_amazon

There's no doubt that there's big money out there if the market takes to things. If only we knew if anyone was taking to k12 or M18.

The population of the US is 308,574,000 people

28% of the population consume yoghurt on a regular basis which is approximately 86.5 million people. All of them need to spend $1.50 to bring in $130 million in revenue.

Alternatively a tenth (8.65 million people) of regular yoghurt eaters need to spend $15 a year to achieve that level of sales.

The scale of the US is huge isn't it! I guess that is why Frutatrom and Blis are devoting much of their energy to this market.

But until GRASsa is gained the scale of the yoghurt, milk, icecream and a few other businesses isn't something we should get too excited about.

I see that Nestle already sell a product called Nestlé Bliss Yogurt Drink "A mix of Lactobacilus Acidophilus, Bifidobacteria Lactis and Streptococcus Thermophilus which helps promote a healthy bacterial balance and smoother intestinal function". Given their association with Blis, I wonder if in the future we will see a new probiotic yogurt on the market containing Streptococcus salivarius K12 or M18 - now THAT"S the sort of exposure Blis needs ... still it is good to see the word "Streptococcus" associated with a food product!

interesting discussion the last few days.

how many folks here have tried bliss products?
    how many of you buy bliss products the second, third times ..... regularly?
    i tried the k12 once, i "seemed" to feel better, and breath "seemed" fresher,
    but then i was actively buying k12, and actively trying to look after myself better and being concious of results.
    trouble is ........ once you feel fine, other things become more important, and k12 goes to the back of the mind.
    i know a lady who was a regular users for about 18 months, i spoke to her recently and asked her if she still uses it, her reply was a "oh yeah....(searching her memory) not for a long time........""
    this seems to be the case with lots of people..... re NZ sales.
    the stuff works, but it has to be used with regular dicipline.
    with most folks dont do.
    so k12 and m18 has to be added to mainstream products, so people dont know they a conciously being safeguarded.

a few posts back it was mentioned that costco sell pizza slices for $2.
    so sprinkle k12 and m18 on pizza slices and sell "heathy pizza" for $3 a slice.
    or any other take away food for that matter.
    recently all fastfood outlets have been hammered by the media because of the unhealthy issues surrounding fastfoods, to take a new angle they could all add k12 and m18 to help protect the masses of young folks who consume fast foods.

the problem here is ........ no FDA approval as a standard food additive..................

people want things easy, k12 and m18 could be easy, but at this stage, it is only sold to those who actively seek it or a actively recomended it.

my posts might read like im the party pooper, but i want this to succeed as much as the next investor, and i KNOW it will, because we have turned a corner and awareness it growing, and as it grows it will compound exponentially.
    its just the timeframe that is the question.
    and the reasons and attitudes of the purchacers.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    interesting discussion the last few days.

how many folks here have tried bliss products?
    how many of you buy bliss products the second, third times ..... regularly?
    i tried the k12 once, i "seemed" to feel better, and breath "seemed" fresher,
    but then i was actively buying k12, and actively trying to look after myself better and being concious of results.
    trouble is ........ once you feel fine, other things become more important, and k12 goes to the back of the mind.
    i know a lady who was a regular users for about 18 months, i spoke to her recently and asked her if she still uses it, her reply was a "oh yeah....(searching her memory) not for a long time........""
    this seems to be the case with lots of people..... re NZ sales.
    the stuff works, but it has to be used with regular dicipline.
    with most folks dont do.
    so k12 and m18 has to be added to mainstream products, so people dont know they a conciously being safeguarded.

a few posts back it was mentioned that costco sell pizza slices for $2.
    so sprinkle k12 and m18 on pizza slices and sell "heathy pizza" for $3 a slice.
    or any other take away food for that matter.
    recently all fastfood outlets have been hammered by the media because of the unhealthy issues surrounding fastfoods, to take a new angle they could all add k12 and m18 to help protect the masses of young folks who consume fast foods.

the problem here is ........ no FDA approval as a standard food additive..................

people want things easy, k12 and m18 could be easy, but at this stage, it is only sold to those who actively seek it or a actively recomended it.

my posts might read like im the party pooper, but i want this to succeed as much as the next investor, and i KNOW it will, because we have turned a corner and awareness it growing, and as it grows it will compound exponentially.
    its just the timeframe that is the question.
    and the reasons and attitudes of the purchacers.

I bought a few shares a while back just for fun. Not my normal thing. Anyway only bought 100,000 @ 7 cents. Then decided to try the throat guard stuff. Without a word of a lie or any exaggeration within a week I had the one and only horribly sore throat I have had in my entire life. Couldn't swallow, couldn't sleep. It was blo ody awful. Felt like I had swallowed a rasp. Got some anti-biotics from the quack which cleared things up. Then threw the remaining throat guard out. After that experience I just dumped the shares. Got 12.5 k - but was 5500 sufficient compensation for the throat. No definitely not. I'm not a trader, and didn't buy to sell, but I seriously doubt this stuff will find sufficient repeat business to survive. Well anyway it won't from me.

Advanced Member

Not a party pooper, NeopoleII. The point of this group is to discuss things. It wouldn't be much use if we all agreed.

I think the question we have really been discussing here recently is, how far down the bulk-market road have Blis reached?

For myself, I think it possible they have already gone quite a way, but we can't know. Chewing gum is already one bulk road opening, and I suspect that Costco is another that has already opened. Is the internet another? And the 2009 report stated "K12 is stable [in yoghurt]" and "[in NZ and Aus, K12 is legal] in yoghurt and other food presentations", so that may be in the pipeline right now too for all we know.

Costco, chewing gum, internet, yoghurt - are they all large markets that are open right now in differing degrees?

We are probably mostly agreed that Blis's day will come when volume sales occur. We probably also agree that that takes either a lot of advertising, or a bulk market segment, or both. We probably agree that Blis was definitely not there yet last half, but that they probably will be there within a couple of years at most.

The bit we don't agree on is when Blis will arrive over that maybe 2 year stretch. Personally I think it possible Blis has already made inroads there this half. But there is no public data known to us to support that, and I readily agree it just plain may not be happening, and may not for some time. As I say, the Imagenetix quarterly results may give us some clues. Yes, GRAS would be great, but does Blis actually need that much to achieve lift off?

Hey, wouldn't it be nice if this affected us? "She also revealed that PepsiCo was looking at developing a nutritional drink aimed at children." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...hy-eating.html

Advanced Member

Very sorry to hear that, Fungus Pudding. My own experience has certainly been quite the reverse of that. Interesting you've never had a sore throat in your life, which was where the whole K12 research started. Anyway, sounds very unpleasant for you.

With lots of year of public use, it seems unlikely that this is anything common. But I have to say that a week is a very long time before you reacted if that was the cause. You may have "just" coincidentally get swine flu in a mild way, or something?
    Last edited by simla; 31-01-2010 at 08:27 PM.

I think it is stretching belief for Fungus Pudding to blame Throatguard as the cause of his sore throat; maybe it was a viral infection which K12 and the antibiotic (which doctors all too freely prescribe) would have had little effect anyway. The sore throat probably would resolved with or without the antibiotic. I may be wrong in that maybe the GP did a throat culture and K12 was identified as the cause???? If it was caused by Throatguard I would have expected the GP to pass this info on to Blis for follow up- did this happen?
    Interesting plug for CostCo in the new sharp comedy on TV3 tonight called "Modern Family". The 2 gay characters go a CostCo outlet to get diapers for their newly adopted Vietnamese baby - one is reluctant to go there and the other accuses him of being a "snob". However once inside the shop the "snob" is really impressed at the place ("AND the diapers are right next to the tyres"). When he sees how cheap the diapers are he stocks up on them. Looking around at the variety of goods "Wow, I've been looking for this for ages" - he is amazed "What IS this place!". Costco must be quite well known in the States - I first heard of it through this site. The TV segment was filmed inside one of their stores and would have been a huge free advertisement for them...

Advanced Member

A doctor tells me a lot of sore throats are going around at the moment, that it is not uncommon generally for sore throats to be so sore people cannot sleep, nor uncommon for them to say it really hurts to swallow and even breathe, and that most of sore throats of adults are thought to be viral.