sharetrader
Page 14 of 764 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast

Hi Simla. I checked the last annual report and Mike was holding 5m then so the extra 2m is from the issue.

Good to hear Pharmabroker are working on the BLT products. It sounds like they are looking at the product packaging from the customer's perspective. About time too. The present BLT labeling looks highly suitable for rat poison but not for health promotion products.

It's a pity BLT doesn’t have a logo like Intel …something like “Contains K12 inside”. Barry may need to think of the branding issue sometime soon ...if he's not already overloaded with so many other thoughts!

Impatient

Default It's not a SELL

...actually it's a BIFF-IT. Where does the share price stand now, 5-6 cents???? HAHAHAHAHA, gosh if I wasn't losing a lot of money on it, I could only laugh at the naive optimism I still hear in his forum. I know that 'hope dies last', but come on, this is beyond wishful thinking and hope - its madness. There is NO news - HOW do we even know that Barry is doing anything rather than racking up expenses and costing us money??? It's not like he's actually keeping his head down, working away quietly and underpromising as a rule; recall the BIG BIG promises in AGM August 2007??? That came from the board AND from Barry's direction.

Back then the team rejected the idea of new directors that could have added some new ideas and, in particular, marketing expertise, so their products still look like crap, their marketing is non-existent, and to believe that Pharmabroker's "Yes, we're taking Blis seriously" is anything but a standard reply to a customer/investor inquiry is plain and simply naive, sorry. Call me persistently begative and pessimistic, but - like for the past years and years - I am still waiting for a change and nothing, I repeat NOTHING is happening.

For a board and CEO so arrogant as to not bother with keeping us investors - and we are effectively THEIR employers - up to date is disgusting. These people must go.

Default We need data not promises

...tend to agree with you Impatient ...and with Scuffer. The present SP…no sales ...and the few buyers offering a pittance reflects the lack of information the Market has. I’m an optimist but I need the FY accounts to get a handle on the real BLT reality (assuming they don’t cook the books).

Hey Smila just found this patent application
    for Q24 its very interesting

Regarding Probiotic deodorant

These results confirm the earlier assessment that Q24 is effective in reducing body odour. This is believed to be by action against the aerobic diphtheroids commonly implicated in body odour.
    Effect of M luteus Q24 on Athlete's Foot

Formulation:

Grapeseed oil 2.O g

Chamomile oil 0.06 g

Q24 freeze-dried powder 0.1 g

The oil formulation was prepared by mixing M. luteus freeze-dried powder with the oils to produce a suspension formulation.

The Q24 cell count for the deodorant stick was 1.2 x 107 cfu/g.

The formulation was applied to the infected area of five subjects with athlete's foot daily for three days. Within 10 minutes the itchy symptoms had disappeared. After three days no further application was required due to cessation of the signs of infection.

All references including patents and publications cited in this specification are incorporated herein by reference

Http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?...3&DISPLAY=DESC

Advanced Member

Yeah, that's one of the strange things about Blis. They often refer to having other intellectual property that they can't tell us about. I suppose this could be part of that. Well done for finding that, by the way. But they also say that they can't run with ideas that won't make a profit. They said that bad breath is already serviced by other products, for example, so there is a limit to how far Blis can make inroads there, for example.

On the face of it, the athlete's foot is really a saleable product. We've all had athlete's foot at some time in our lives, and it's a nuisance. The cream you put on is meant to go on for up to two weeks after the infection is gone, which is a real nuisance too. So this would seem much better. Are they not running with this because they feel it is too hard to break an existing market? Or no money? Or perhaps they are trying to develop it and not saying?

You can see why not telling the whole world about their future is a reasonable plan. But it sure makes it hard for shareholders. Basically, the share price just goes down because there is no actual profit reported. Until there is, the share price is just a random number anyway and always will be. If there was profit, we would be more accepting of these various mysteries around the company.

Barry has several times said he expects to break even by March 31, presumably on an ongoing basis rather than Financial Year to March 2008. But of course, they do not have to tell us anything for three more months yet! Impatient, I'm not sure that Barry doesn't actually just keep his head down and promise little. He came out loudly when they needed to raise money, as is basically his job. But otherwise we do not hear a lot except announcements of actual events?

Certainly 2008 seems a make or break year for Blis. With some money under their belt, some talent accumulating in the office, and international contracts forming, things are never going to get better for finally making a profit.

Following the link and using the data about the 17172 bio strain took me to Yale University and Taiwan. I suspect this is the work of competitors rather than BLIS.

That's another worry for BLT investors ...the seemingly slow marketing of decent products. Being first to market is a competitive advantage so why does BLT allow Pharmabroker to take so long to produce results? Is it inertia ...or are they really trying to beat the opposition who are working in the same field and trying to market similar products?

I think we may have an element of town and gown. The PhDs of BLT may be a wee bit out of touch with commercial reality.

Go to:

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/

and put in

Blis Technologies Limited

in the applicant name box and will be able to see for yourself which patents Blis has filed.

For me, knowing that Barry has more than a dozen times the number of Blis shares I do comforts me. He wouldn't have taken the job if he didn't think he could make a big difference and he sure as heck wouldn't have taken pay in the form of shares if he didn't see huge potential.

Patience is required with companies like this.

Thanks for the info Emearg.

The 17172 I tracked is already registered and the stuff is available off the shelf. The BLT claim involved 17172 but is a composition. Publication Number WO/2006/104403 SKIN TREATMENT COMPOSITIONS at the site Emearg provided above.

There is another patent for a BLIS treatment of acne but it's not registered as a BLT invention. The Publication Number is WO/2007/070518,

Advanced Member

Oman, are you saying the Q24 treatment for athletes foot can be purchased at a chemist? My wife's a doctor, and some of her patients would probably like to try that.

As the patent seemed to suggest it had other uses, is athletes foot what it is sold for? And if it is for sale, are you saying that Blis are the ones selling it?

No Q24 isn't available at retail level but is at manufactuer's level ...if they have a licence to buy. The 17172 strain is held in a German bio-stockbank as far as I can see. BLT could get it okay but we can't.

ps. 1% Nizoral is good for the foot problem.
    Last edited by Oman; 25-02-2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: small typo