sharetrader
Page 15 of 764 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Thanks! Medical advice included here huh?

no advice intended ...just a sudden thought as a PS.

There are already effective cures for fungal attacks so how will BLT convince doctors/buyers that their hypothetical Q24 product has additional benefits that will cause them to change their habitual treatment? Can they overcome the 'established market inertia factor'?

I just noticed that therabreath has started selling K12 as a gum and also as a lozenge.

I assume they now they have approval to sell as a Lozenge in USA which is great news.
    Before they could only sell as mouthwash.

http://www.therabreath.com/product.asp?CAT=22

Hopefuly we will hear about the major nutraceutical company selling in USA soon, maybe they will be selling as a lozenge?

Advanced Member

Well spotted again, THEONE. You may be right that this will lead to further developments in the shorter term. Blis have been talking of gum for some time I think. And Pharmabroker talked of a user-friendly product. Gum and lozenges would seem to fit that description pretty well. Certainly chewing gum for bad breath or a sore throat is the sort of thing consumers can probably relate to pretty easily. Same for lozenges.

Not sure about the American neutraceutical company selling lozenges though. Does anyone feel they are sure just quite what neutraceutical means? Google says it is a healthy additive to food, which is more like what Nestle are looking at. It would sort of seem to require you to be a food company wouldn't it?

Advanced Member

To answer my own question for anyone who cares, after looking around the net neutraceuticals seems to mean biological-based additives to food. Half of them seem to fall into the Blis category - ie. tested - and half them are just fad claims. So they seem to be growing in popularity as part of the "green" revolution. Perhaps it is that aspect which makes Blis attractive to some of us?

Incidentally, for anyone interested, while looking I came across this NZ government list of Blis-like companies in NZ in 2005. It includes a lot of companies I had never heard of, although lots seem to be privately owned. If anyone finds any good investments here though, let us know ...

http://www.ableindia.org/images/biotech_nz_reduced .ppt

Advanced Member

The desk reshuffle announced today shows that we were right about the BLT PhDs being focused on research instead of commercial profits. Murray Kennedy probably worked with Barry previously so his track record will be a good one.

Wonder if Blis will get a slice of the new Govt. "innovation" funding package being announced tomorrow? Food ingredients was mentioned on the news as one of the areas being targeted.

Thumbs down Horses for courses

Would you employ a mechanic to come round and rewire your house, these guys are not the best men for the job.
    I don't bloody believe it

An Exec MBA takes 1 year plus a 3-month thesis. You start learning about business reality after another year on the job. So do we have another delay to profitability here?