sharetrader
Page 202 of 764 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 7632

Very interesting AGM, did anyone here go? I would never have guessed the acquiring of Ice Cream company! I bet there must be very good reasons for it other wise Barry Richardson would not be interested. Must have beeen a great deal. There are lots of possibilities. As usual they have a lot of things going on. I think the Blis team does a great job and deserve congratulating. I am suprised the shareprice wentup so much, i thought the SPP would have scared people. Hopefuly the US dosent turn to custard even more, so they can sell decent volumes.

Advanced Member

Well, each investor has to make their own decision of course, TheOne. But the SPP is a two way street. Yes, it involves raising money. But afterwards, don't you have a company with cash in the bank, and GRAS in it's pocket, plus product credibility in the marketplace? Well, that's not too bad a proposition is it? Each to make their own decision on that, of course.

Achieving GRAS is excellent news!!

Personally I hope the shareprice falls over the next month or two

I don't understand why they (i.e. we!) are buying an icecream business, and I'm not happy about it. I thought I was investing in a Biotech and that old homily "Stick to your knitting" comes to mind. Barry has a milk-products background and maybe he sees an opportunity, but this venture is not part of the Blis business strategy the rest of us shareholders subscribed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_Fischer View Post
    I don't understand why they (i.e. we!) are buying an icecream business, and I'm not happy about it. I thought I was investing in a Biotech and that old homily "Stick to your knitting" comes to mind. Barry has a milk-products background and maybe he sees an opportunity, but this venture is not part of the Blis business strategy the rest of us shareholders subscribed for.
    Yes, I agree. Do we know what BLT paid for the Icecream business? I can only assume that it is a very profitable business that will pay for itself in less than 12 months. Otherwise it should be left for Tip Top to purchase.

The GRAS news is excellent however and more aligned to the Business Strategy.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post
    Yes, I agree. Do we know what BLT paid for the Icecream business? I can only assume that it is a very profitable business that will pay for itself in less than 12 months. Otherwise it should be left for Tip Top to purchase.
    You can't be serious. I very much doubt that Tip Top even knew this outfit existed. They certainly would be no threat whatsoever to any manufacturer that makes even half-pie reasonable ice cream.

Advanced Member

Some of you may like this. This company has added M18 to their existing K12 product. They don't state exactly what's in this, but it appears to be a plain lozenge with just K12 and M18 in it. If so, it's the first one I've seen without lots of other stuff added on the side, which seems pretty sensible.

http://www.carotec.com/product/Blis-K-12_30/21
    Last edited by simla; 10-08-2011 at 09:53 PM.

I know that this is a few months old but bear with me...

Blis and Nestle partners in new programme
    Sat, 26 Mar 2011Barry Richardson

A more "robust" Blis K12 probiotic has become commercially available and a new multi-year research and development agreement has begun.
    This includes a Nestle option for rights over a "specific application" of the Blis K12 probiotic, Dr Richardson said.
    "The exact nature of the current research and option agreement between Blis Technologies and Nestle Nutrition is commercially sensitive and confidential," he said.

When allied to the recent GRAS approval is this a cause for optimism? Could this be a food product that they have been working on for a while knowing that GRAS was a given?

Nestlé is the world's largest food and beverage company.

I recall reading on this site a few months back that there was a K12 product in Germany that was developed for treating canine bad breath. I have googled but have been unable to find any link to such a product. Given the safety record of Blis I have been giving my cat a small dose of Blis K12 by sprinkling Blis Boost powder on his cat food. Knowing how cats are VERY suspicious of anything being added to their food I was surprised he took the treated cat mince food very readily. He is an old cat who recently had his teeth cleaned to reduce his bad breath problem - this helped, but the addition of K12 has improved his "breath score", he no longer has his persistent hacking cough and he appears very healthy. I have no idea whether Blis K12 would in fact populate his oral cavity and whether his improvement is due to K12. If K12 was effective with cats (and dogs) this could be a significant market for Blis, though would entail significant studies to confirm If anyone can supply me with the link to the German product for dogs, this would be appreciated.

Advanced Member

It was German language, but in Switzerland. http://www.dara-swiss.ch/produkte/halitus/index.html But the product is surely going to do just what the NZ K12 does, so that might be a cheaper option. Especially if, as you say, your cat doesn't carefully eat his way around it as cats do!!