sharetrader
Page 206 of 764 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 7632
    Advanced Member

Guys, let's just remember that these guys have soldiered on in the face of very difficult times in every country in the world. An important reason for my putting more money in this time is my own confidence that these guys don't give up.

We all want them to do what they can to increase sales. Sure. But it would be absurd to think they want anything else themselves.

As yesterday's release said, "The Company has been entirely focused on obtaining GRAS status ... for the past two years." The release surely is saying that they think this is an excellent path to increased sales. They planned on getting GRAS earlier, but it just kept getting harder. They pressed on anyway. Then got it. Yeah, that cost.

So, surely they HAVE announced a major plan to improve sales - GRAS - and are working hard at it. Will that work out well? Would a different plan be better? (Anyone actually got one, given the resources?)

Well, every investor has a decision to make there. Investors can only reap the rewards of their own decisions, that's how it works.

But let's not use a complex decision to overlook how hard these guys work. I'm always happy to thank these guys for all their work - I do it again now - because I think we are very lucky to have them. They've moved small mountains already.

I had not read the Blis release on 16/9 when I posted my last message; since reading it I am pleased I had already decided to invest further in the BLT share offer and am willing to soldier on supporting the company. As I have said many times before I consider K12 a great product and has a huge potential if marketing is a successful. I watched a documentary on TV7 a while back on how bottled water was marketed - how many of us would have invested in such a product given it is on tap and free (almost). BLT shares were always highly speculative, so I have taken any share value loss on the chin. And let's face it - BLT is not a boring share for those of us willing to take risks! All the best you guys at Blis for the foray into the food industry.

Like I said when this capital raising was announced I don't think there has ever been a better time to invest in Blis

With GRAS achieved Barry and Frutarom have an opportunity to sell their product into a huge market. Based on the successes achieved so far (uptake by manufactures of lozenges etc (even though revenue growth have been underwhelming)), and on-going support (500k speaks volumes IMHO) from insiders I am more willing to back Barry and his vision than ever before.

I'm in for 15k

I know it is quite a different situation, but I hope this doesn't end up like BIO-ICP a few years back, burning it's investors (including me). Seemed to have so much promise......

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Guys, let's just remember that these guys have soldiered on in the face of very difficult times in every country in the world. An important reason for my putting more money in this time is my own confidence that these guys don't give up.

But let's not use a complex decision to overlook how hard these guys work. I'm always happy to thank these guys for all their work - I do it again now - because I think we are very lucky to have them. They've moved small mountains already.
    I don't think working hard means anything without core marketing skills. Yes the GRAS approval is a major milestone but I don't think that perserverence alone is nearly enough to be blowing $15,000 on a company that doesn't have the fundamentals right. Yes, they may work with other companies that can effectively market it but their strategy is confused. They've announced an ecommerce platform to sell direct to consumers but at the same time they're looking at partnerships. They're not doing either one of those things well, so far. Have they got an amazing product? You bet. If you want to take a punt that they will partner with someone that helps them develop it into a more marketable proposition then I guess it's worth buying a $15k lottery ticket. I'd rather put my money somewhere else.

Advanced Member

That's fine, Tango. As I've said before, I'm never here to advise anybody to buy, sell, or trade Blis or any other share. Every investor has their own decisions to make. I'm just here to have discussion on publicly available information that we each may find each others' thoughts - such as you've just given - helpful in clarifying our own thoughts. I expect that the time when we all finally agree with each other will be the time when BLT is making a cheerful profit! First that has to happen, and no guarantees with any startup company on that, of course.

Impatient

Gosh, must have been over a year that I last viewed this thread - and it feels like Groundhog Day. Well, not quite. There is a new generation of rightfully sceptical investors who are getting the hunch that there is something serious wrong with this company.....and then there is 'simla', still the cheerleader for Blis' management, which after so many years of such miserable company performance goes beyond being a supportive, optimistic investor....to me, it's crystal-clear now: Simla is either an employee or Blis or a person otherwise affiliated with Blis (and not just as an investor).Simla, the only decent thing for you to do would be to 'out' yourself for who you are, so that forum members here can see your comments for what they are .... pro-Blis PR intended to suck more poor buggers into spending money on this money-burning furnace of a company.

Advanced Member

Hey, Impatient! Nice to hear from you again! Points to you this time, as the situation has altered definitely, but regrettably not to produce a profit yet.

And good to hear you gingering things up still. I'm afraid I remain nothing more than a keen investor, however. I say nice things about the company just because that's what I think. To me, the launching of the product is a big challenge, but the reward should be equally big if it succeeds. I have always, always, referred to the uncertainty of the enterprise - and that's why I'm happy to stay the course. I am not getting disillusioned because I always knew it would be a challenge. The launch as a dietary supplement got me pretty happy, as there are around 50 products out there now containing Blis. But it hasn't produced a profit to date anyway.

But, yes, I'm still backing this horse. I remain open to it's not turning the world on fire, just as I always have. But I also have the same basic views: great products, great company. But whatever happens, I enjoy Blis-watching. It's a spunky company that always manages to surprise. And, yes, I remain optimistic of this paying off. But there is still no telling where this is going yet.

I guess if we could bottle my dogged optimism, we could sell that for quite a bit too. From my point of view though, I don't see why everyone else gets upset when problems arise. This is still a start up, so why be surprised when the course isn't straight?

Cheers.

ps. I may yet be wrong about Blis's future obviously, never said otherwise. But the mere fact of my staying the course hardly proves me wrong. Churchill spent some years saying that Britain should be arming against Hitler, in face of much disagreement. Didn't make him wrong either. We've discussed before you're being "Impatient" and my being "Patient"!
    Last edited by simla; 19-09-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impatient View Post
    pro-Blis PR intended to suck more poor buggers into spending money on this money-burning furnace of a company.
    As I am only human, that did of course hurt. This is one of the main reason's I defend the company. They too are real people who obviously work hard. Comments like that hurt. I always assume that the company, like me and most other people, mean well, and work hard at things. So when things don't go as well as we would like, I don't lash out, but thank them for keeping going in what must at times surely be discouraging work. It is a huge task they are undertaking.

I may as well make a few points in clear reply to the accusation, since it has been made:

• I have no afffiliation with the company other than being a keen shareholder.
    • I definitely have skin in the game.
    • I am unable to think of any advantage to me of other members of this group putting money into the company. I assume the company will get sufficient money anyway. The Board alone are putting up about $600,000 according to this release https://nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/213516
    • On the other hand, I have put in 15k myself. I do not imagine most shareholders will be doing that, so actually most shareholders are benefitting from my money, if anything, rather than the other way around.
    • Anyone who reads my comments know that I frequently refer to the uncertainty of investing in a startup. I do that far more than anyone, as far as I can see. I incessantly make it clear that each investor makes their own choices.
    • I have actually made very little suggestion on what people would do about this issue. I acknowledged it happening, briefly discussed the obvious pros and cons to contribute to the conversation, and said what my own plans were, as I assume we are all interested in others' thoughts. I welcomed hearing others' ideas. It is excellent knowing how others are viewing things, whether I agree or not.
    • I did make a stronger comment when I thought the company was getting criticised for having no plan when it did seem to me that the entire point of GRAS is that it IS a plan.

I make those points partly in my defence. But also to demonstrate just why I stand up for the company and also thank them. It is easy to express disappointment in things, but easy too to forget to express appreciation other times. I'm a real person, and those comments did hurt. Blis isn't just an abstract company, but real people who work hard every day I assume. They deserve to be admired and thanked for all they do. And I am happy to do it, especially as I genuinely do appreciate what they do.
    Last edited by simla; 19-09-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Well expressed Simla!