sharetrader
Page 222 of 764 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322722 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    I don't know what these guys are doing right,
    No, but considering that the site is an (inter)national disgrace, I can't imagine they are selling any (I certainly wouldn't from that site and I know the company!). It actually gets worse every time I visit there. They desperately need to get someone professional to sort this out.

Advanced Member

I agree the site is not understated. But remember that the main objective is to sell from the site. Is understated the best way of doing that? You may recognise this site as one of the suppliers of Culturedcare gum. http://www.natvd.com/en That's not understated, and it's about selling, too. Or this one, which sells the Jarrow gum http://www.pasioingredients.eu/ Or this one, which sells several Blis products. http://www.luckyvitamin.com/ (I don't say any of those are just like the Blis site, of course, but they are examples to compare features with maybe. Well funded ones too, I expect.)

None of those are understated. They are certain to be selling though. I expect the Blis site will get better and better over time, and no doubt it would show if they spent a lot of money on it. Have you sent them the cheque to pay for it! They have a lot of projects on the boil.

I can see where you guys are coming from on the web site, but I actually think it has a lot going for it. And the traffic suggests it's getting somewhere. The order numbers on my own orders from the site - it sells a product I want, don't forget, that's the point - suggest they are making a reasonable return on the cost of their investment in the site anyway, as reported in the last report.

In any case, instead of saying it's a disgrace, it would be more helpful to say exactly what you would like to see happen to it. I presume you are talking style, so that would have to involve stating what you want to see. And I'm sure they would be happy to hear constructive ideas directly. Perhaps include funding suggestions!

Advanced Member

I've been reading the Buffet biography. It's a big read, but actually very readable. It's been surprising how many companies he was happy to be involved with that had problems, and yet he still expected to come out on top with them. One of his ideas seems to be: if you make sure someone sensible is running it, and take care of the cash, time will eventually sort out most of the rest of it, so long as you think there is underlying value in the company. Remind you of Blis maybe? So would he approve of our being patient? Who knows. Mind you, he never touches tech stocks, period. He says he doesn't understand them, so why bother with them. Also, he seems to dislike technology companies for investment.
    Last edited by simla; 04-03-2012 at 10:31 AM.

In any case, instead of saying it's a disgrace, it would be more helpful to say exactly what you would like to see happen to it. I presume you are talking style, so that would have to involve stating what you want to see. And I'm sure they would be happy to hear constructive ideas directly. Perhaps include funding suggestions!
    Was the website not brought up at the AGM? I fail to believe I am the only one who has a problem with the site. If I were "inside" the company I would be demanding necessary funding to produce a professional website, and I would not be asking members of the public for a handout.

Advanced Member

I'm not suggesting we all donate money! But it is a case of return on investment. The company has many projects on the boil, and they all have to be paid for. If they spent a fortune on the website, what would be the payback in the meantime? As I say, the traffic information mentioned above, and the order numbers I've had on my orders, suggest they're doing all right on payback on what they've done so far. Would huge numbers flock to the site because more money was spent on it, or is the objective to work out how to attract attention at all?

In a very short time scale, the company has put up the new version of the NZ site, blisk12 website, facebook/twitter and this google site https://sites.google.com/site/blisoralhealthcare/ and various videos on youtube - that I know of. And it has launched website sales. It's not a big company remember.

As the website is fully functional, I assume it is style you are concerned with. Point to a website you want them to emulate maybe?

Advanced Member

There you go, I just discovered Blis also has it's own channel on youtube. It currently claims to have had 1252 video views. Admittedly, I have no idea how youtube channels attract people myself, but it seems to have got quite a few views anyway. http://www.youtube.com/user/BLISTech.../feed?filter=2

Advanced Member

Well, it's easy to criticise most things. But I'm still waiting for anyone to make positive suggestions on what they think should be happening. I've pointed to the fact that their site ranking keeps going up as evidence they are getting somewhere. We know the company doesn't have a huge budget on any front.

Come on someone, point to a company and website you want to emulate. To the best of my knowledge, nobody knows how to make an internet hit. The ones that exist have just stumbled upon providing a web site that people wanted to see, and then worked incredibly hard. Amazon opened in 1995, for example, but turned its first quarterly profit in 2001. They lost $89m in second quarter 2000 alone. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/853249.stm

Advanced Member

Are you saying "less busy", "less complicated", maybe? Or maybe lighter colours? Well, that's concrete and a positive suggestion. Thanks. Of course, you realise I'm just a shareholder! But I've always assumed BLT read this group from time to time, so they may pick that up if they want to, or you could email them. I just try to keep things positive here because my rock bottom belief about this company is that they work really hard all the time.

Mind you, ranking 1107 with just one product compared to 552 selling about anything you might want to buy? That's not bad is it?

Are you saying "less busy", "less complicated", maybe? Or maybe lighter colours? Well, that's concrete and a positive suggestion. Thanks. Of course, you realise I'm just a shareholder! But I've always assumed BLT read this group from time to time, so they may pick that up if they want to, or you could email them. I just try to keep things positive here because my rock bottom belief about this company is that they work really hard all the time.

Mind you, ranking 1107 with just one product compared to 552 selling about anything you might want to buy? That's not bad is it?
    I'd be very surprised if anyone from Blis reads this forum.
    Last edited by weasel; 06-03-2012 at 04:10 AM. Reason: double

Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    I'd be very surprised if anyone from Blis reads this forum.
    Somebody from (or close to) Blis was a regular poster once .... never disclosed it but the comments were those of an insider