sharetrader
Page 223 of 764 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 7632
    Advanced Member

Let's just remember what really decent people are involved in Blis.

It started with John Tagg spending 30 years looking for an alternative to antibiotics. What a really decent chap to do that. How lucky we are to have people like that.

Then a bunch of New Zealanders gathered together to take that to the world. What a bunch of decent people.

Then another bunch of New Zealanders took a chance and put up the money to launch the product, not knowing if they would get a return. More have done the same since, still not knowing if they would get a return. What really decent people.

And meanwhile the people in Dunedin work and work to get this thing off the ground. What decent people.

What really decent people have come together to make this work. What really decent people.

and those decent people in the head office behind the microscopes thought that they were so decent that they spent all the advertising budget on cartoon tv ads that generated lose after lose, then when the cash ran out they were so decent to ask for more and more cash by giving away more and more shares, and then to those decent new shareholders that demanded 10cent divis...... then ..... when that cash started to dwindle they started to tell the decent shareholders that they are just around the corner from a maiden profit....... in the meantime.... they still shun those mean corrupt advertising gurus that charge alot of money for professional advertising..... just like those advert gurus that didnt give 42 below or charlies a fair deal!!!

mr tagg and his team are decent folks...... but they are idiots at advertising or corporate management..... they are intelligent scientists...... full stop.
    its time to put in a real crew of business developers.
    but........ the cash is gone.

wont be long blis products become generic products and blis is gone.

all very decent.

someone tell the doktors that running a listed business is not science...... its business.

Seems like decent has a couple of different meanings ....depending on which side of that decent $30m odd thats been spent

Advanced Member

The modern world has convinced so many people that being human is unforgivable, people should be held accountable for any and every mistake. Nonsense, we're all human. If any of you have launched world wide corporations from scratch in just a few years, I congratulate you. Most people find that sort of things takes a fair bit of trial and error, a lot of time, and a lot of money.

I'm proud to be doing my little bit to help with a project of real value to the world and to New Zealand.

They're real people involved in this. They're decent people.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Seems like decent has a couple of different meanings ....depending on which side of that decent $30m odd thats been spent
    Well, the current management started about 4 years ago, I think. During that time, they've raised just $5.5m - $4m in the rights issue, and $1.5m last year. That's a little over $1m a year.

In return for that, and during that time, they have:

Put K12 into about 50 products in about a dozen countries, at a guess.
    Gained business partners in the US, China, Japan, Taiwan, India, Australia, Canada, Malaysia ...etc
    Introduced M18 as well.
    Got Q24 close to available,
    Launched a dog product,
    Patented the products in at least half the world, as far as I can tell.
    Gained regulatory permission in most of the world.
    Gained GRAS.
    Gained access to China.
    Launched 3 products into nationwide chains in the US.
    Performed human safety trials.
    Endured ceaselessly more difficult regulatory regimes world wide, that even the multinationals are struggling with.
    Survived as a startup in the worst world crash in about 100 years, that is devestating most of the world.
    Put up web sites, youtube, twitter and facebook.
    Put up on line sales.
    Become the third most popular throat product in NZ, in the face of multinationals.
    Developed the technology to put the products into yoghurt, ice cream, beverages, chewing gum and various pills.
    Developed ongoing products that are hinted at that we do not know about yet.
    Adopted an ice cream company for purposes of both profit and business development.

And that's just from my off-hand memory. If that's not value for money, I don't know what is.

Yes, very patently we want it to make a profit. But with expansion costs like that to carry, and the business environment as it is, surely we can manage a little appreciation. They've also done a lot of work controlling costs.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Well, the current management started about 4 years ago, I think. During that time, they've raised just $5.5m - $4m in the rights issue, and $1.5m last year. That's a little over $1m a year.

In return for that, and during that time, they have:

Put K12 into about 50 products in about a dozen countries, at a guess.
    Gained business partners in the US, China, Japan, Taiwan, India, Australia, Canada, Malaysia ...etc
    Introduced M18 as well.
    Got Q24 close to available,
    Launched a dog product,
    Patented the products in at least half the world, as far as I can tell.
    Gained regulatory permission in most of the world.
    Gained GRAS.
    Gained access to China.
    Launched 3 products into nationwide chains in the US.
    Performed human safety trials.
    Endured ceaselessly more difficult regulatory regimes world wide, that even the multinationals are struggling with.
    Survived as a startup in the worst world crash in about 100 years, that is devestating most of the world.
    Put up web sites, youtube, twitter and facebook.
    Put up on line sales.
    Become the third most popular throat product in NZ, in the face of multinationals.
    Developed the technology to put the products into yoghurt, ice cream, beverages, chewing gum and various pills.
    Developed ongoing products that are hinted at that we do not know about yet.
    Adopted an ice cream company for purposes of both profit and business development.
    .... and the result of all this good work .... in their words 'The absence of licensing income and a meaningful volume of branded ingredient sales'

I asked the joker in the corner dairy the other day how much he had sold in the last six months .... and he said about $300k .... to him thats meaningful .... to BLS it is an absence of meaningful volume

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Launched a dog product,
    Just the one, dear?

WINNER 69
    Where is the dairy?
    Thanks
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    I hope it doesn't blinker you to the weaknesses of the company.
    I can assure you that I am every bit as aware as everyone else of the bits that still need fixing here. I AM a shareholder, which means I have money on the line here. Don't worry.

I don't disagree with anyone about what needs doing. It's blindingly obvious. I just do not understand why nobody is every willing to admit to any of the good stuff. That's a considerable list I just gave. I point out that these are real people, decent people (although I've never yet had the opportunity of meeting any of them), because it constantly astonishes me that nobody every seems to want to encourage them. Do some of the posters here make this much effort in their own workplaces to be so unsupportive of their own staff?

All this talk of poor efforts is weird to me. That list I gave clearly cost a lot of money, and was a vast amount of work. It's not hard to look on this company as making a small profit on relatively small sales, but ploughing a whole lot of cash into future investment, that they hope will pay off. The last half revenue result was a jolt, and the big question is whether that was a hiccup or otherwise. I'll feel a whole lot better when I know the answer to that. But if it was a hiccup, then the thing is still travelling in a pretty straight line from where I'm sitting. Yes, the last result raises the possibility of another issue, but so what? They've been supported so far, and most likely will be again I'd have thought.

I think my recent frustration is at the shareholders. BLT have most of their cards on the table now. Supplements, lots of them, heaps of countries and partners, GRAS, China, ice cream, yoghurt, chewing gum. Just Europe is still playing hard to get. So the likely result now is surely that either this thing is going to work, or it's not. So what have the shareholders said to that? Gloom, gloom, gloom, dump the share price. I just don't get it. Isn't this exactly where we've been wanting the company to get to for a few years now?

Yes, the future of this thing is still unknown. Yes, there are still hurdles to jump. Yes, it could even yet fail. But when someone does so many things right, and so few things wrong, it just baffles me why nobody wants to talk about anything except what's not right yet.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    WINNER 69
    Where is the dairy?
    Thanks
    Why - do you want to buy it?

Busy suburban Wellington .... did admit that quite a chunk of his 'turnover' is punters topping up Snapper cards for which he gets squaddly dit from (good for IFT shareholders) ... so maybe not real 'turnover'