sharetrader
Page 229 of 764 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329729 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 7632
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    I don't yet think it's as important as penicillin was decades ago.
    Here's one example of a possible implication of Blis in a non-antibiotic world.

"A large study ... showed that children who [had blis k12] had 47% less acquisition of [strep throat]" http://blis.co.nz/strep-throat

"...The rate of development of rheumatic fever in individuals with untreated strep infection [ie no antibiotics] is estimated to be 3% ...[rheumatic fever] is serious and has a case-fatality rate of 2–5%. ... The recurrence of rheumatic fever is relatively common in the absence of maintenance of low dose antibiotics,..[Also]Heart complications may be long-term and severe, particularly if valves are involved." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheumatic_fever

"Infectious disease physicians are alarmed [that effective antibiotics may not be available] in the near future ... a global public health disaster appears likely" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotic_resistance

So what will we do if/when the antibiotics wear out?

"Archaeocins is the name given to a new class of potentially useful antibiotics". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotic_resistance I can't pin it down, but Blis is somehow connected to that line of research as far as I can tell, BLIS stands for Bacteriocin-Like Inhibitory Substance, and a synonym for bacteriocin is "protein antibiotic". Archaeocins are produced by organisms, as Blis is.

I can't tell you exactly what use Blis will be as antibiotics become an issue, as they already are becoming, but the above example suggests we would be way better with it than without it. Of course, they can't market it that way as the antibiotics still work pretty well, although already people die from their not working. You no doubt noticed that another superbug just arrived in NZ though http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/heal...ug-cases-in-NZ

Sorry I can't be clearer about the connection of antibiotics and Blis, but the example at least shows it exists.

Advanced Member

An upbeat interview interview with Blis published yesterday, although it doesn't tell us a lot. http://unlimited.co.nz/unlimited.nsf...n/bright-hopes

Advanced Member

It's shameful that nobody reads these days. It's so relevant to so much happening in the world these days.
    Last edited by simla; 09-05-2012 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Overtaken by events

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    It's shameful that nobody reads these days.
    Gosh...really? I thought I read but maybe I don't?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Gosh...really? I thought I read but maybe I don't?
    Apparently not, Emearg ... I actually remarked that preference shareholders should remember the meaning of "two-edged sword".

someone is dumping a few BLT shares today. I could not help but pick up a few at these prices.

Someone is either dumping shares becuase they no longr believe in BLT. Or else they are trying to ensure the share price is low leading into the Preference Shares conversation date of 8 May becuase they do beleive in BLT and want to double the amount of shares they will be issued for the pref shares.

My gut feeling is that someone with a lot of preference shares is keeping the price low.

Either that or I am a mad gambler throwing money away

Advanced Member

Can't say I'm enjoying watching the action in the market at present, Chippie. But I'm impressed with your nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post
    Someone is either dumping shares becuase they no longr believe in BLT. Or else they are trying to ensure the share price is low leading into the Preference Shares conversation date of 8 May becuase they do beleive in BLT and want to double the amount of shares they will be issued for the pref shares.

My gut feeling is that someone with a lot of preference shares is keeping the price low.

Someone is dumping shares. Once the SP fell below 4 cents (has been for over a month now) and stayed there the conversion ratio would be fixed at 25:1.

Edit: I should delete this post because I am wrong - the maximum conversion ratio is 100:1, so you are most probably right Chippie - every incentive for those with a large position in preference shares to try to keep the price of the ordinaries down.
    Last edited by Bobby_Fischer; 04-05-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post

Well thanks from me to those currently trading the price down. I will benefit nicely on conversion and dividend day. The more preference shares you hold the better news this is. If you don't hold any/many then it will dilute your holding terribly. Harsh but at least it benefits the people who were willing to back Blis a few years ago by injecting new capital.