sharetrader
Page 236 of 764 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336736 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 7632
    Advanced Member

There's that thundering silence again! After we've struggled to explain events for the last two years, I finally found a possible explanation that is both plausible and consistent with the facts as we've seen them. But only Oman comments (thanks Oman). The current situation is certainly an interesting one, and I genuinely, and as always, would like to see the situation through others eyes. Comments anyone?

Simla, the thundering silence comes about cause only you, Oman and Graeme spelt backwards are the only ones interested in BLT. I stil think two of you are the others alter ego with the other being an insider

Other 'watchers' are only that and don't really give a stuff about BLT. They check in here cause some seem to have an irrestiable urge to keep track of how you guys are doing. Maybe deep down we are worried about your wel being.

And prob Balance's mate at Harvard who is doing a study on shareholder behavior when things aren't going to plan checks in as well ........plenty of material for those academics on this and the PRC and NZO threads

Advanced Member

That's a useful observation, Winner69. And maybe you're right. But I don't see why that's anything to boast about.

Certainly it is obvious across all these forums that people love to descend when things are doing well, or occasionally to have a good prod when they're not. Otherwise things get ignored.

There is a cargo cult mentality about the NZ shareholder and that is why the NZX struggles in my opinion. If today's shareholders had run NZ 150 years ago, we would have no railways, no roads, no cities, no agricultural sector. Because everybody would be sitting back waiting for a sudden capital gain, and nobody would be putting in the hard graft to make things happen.

Yes, Blis is not going entirely to plan so far. So what? Judged from the point of view of huge capital gain based on no work except clever timing of owning stocks, yes that's not good. Judged from the point of view of putting in the hard graft to build a valuable company for NZ, the NZX - and indeed the world considering its product - then that is simply what it takes.

Everybody wants NZ to have lots of happy companies on the NZX, but shareholders just aren't interested in putting in the hard yards to create them. Blis is actually suffering from no set backs at all of any note that aren't pretty well entirely caused by lack of shareholder support. If we weren't worried about whether shareholders were now going to support a company with good prospects, then the company would be a great investment almost by definition. And if more shareholders had supported the company over the last couple of years, the recent events could never have got off the ground.

You may be right that nobody much cares because things aren't poised for immediate victory. Can't say that's relevant.

ps. You obviously realise the irrelevance of cheap shots like "Graeme spelt backwards", "alter ego" and "insider". I notice you like to attack Blis from time to time, but you presumably have a cheque book. You could instead help build NZ's sharemarket by supporting this company which is trying to add to the thin supply of strong NZX listings. If you are as good as you let on, you probably have a big cheque book. Maybe there are only a small core of keen shareholders, but we've put money into helping build the place. I'm proud of being one of them. You could be too. Put some of your money to work for the benefit of others. It's hard work though. You may even lose it. But you will have done something to contribute to your country. That can't be all bad.

""that aren't pretty well entirely caused by lack of shareholder support.""

excuse my language..... but that is the biggest crock i have read on this thread.
    i think you better reevaluate your involvement in this company, and what it is to be a "shareholder"

because i can tell you many many shareholders lost a huge amount of money in this co and never really got any decent explanation from the board.
    the direction the board took many years before you simla got onto this bandwagon is what sowed the seeds of distruction of this co. the board could of changed direction many years ago and turned this co into something spectacular..... but alas... the damage is done and it is irreversible.
    who wants to invest in a company that is dangerously short on cash, totally disrespects its shareholders, needs a new injection of cash to survive, has half a billion 1 cent shares, cant even sell premier products in its homeland "m18" and then spends most of its precious reserves on icecream.

may i suggest you go to your bank and mortgage your future life and reinvigorate this company.
    if your lucky..... the company might send you a life discount card for its variety of k12.

do not blame shareholders for the wealth destruction that has happened.
    it was destroyed by the board..... who got a salary...... way before you came along.

having said that, your input to this forum is waaay better than the board ever gave us.
    sad part is..... you did your positive work for free, the board gets paid.
    you should ask the admin if they have the historical threads from the "first sharetrader"
    you can then read all about what the board "didnt tell us" while they told us first profit is just around the corner.

drats..... i posted on this thread again!..... will i ever learn ........

Advanced Member

I know you've been a fantastic supporter of the company in the past, NeopoleII. I appreciate that. I should have said "lack of CURRENT shareholder support." Happily there is a core of current supporters but pretty obviously the vast majority of shareholders put nothing in last time round.

I'm always running into this argument that the current stuff can't work because the last stuff didn't. But although you've told me how angry you are about what happened, and who you blame, I've never heard a simple unemotional and impersonal account of how much money was used in those first few years and where it went. I'd be very grateful if you think you could give such a brief and objective account! Just a skeleton, I'm sure we'll manage to fill in the gaps about where you must have got angry. The basic plot line must surely be that they had a lot of overheads and the sales made little progress. Or was it a case of spending big hoping it would pay off and it didn't? (And yes, I'm sure the current board wish they hadn't bought the ice cream company just this year, given what a big cash loss it was this year. They obviously, like us, were not expecting to have major upheavals in their sales revenue.)

Advanced Member

Back to waiting then.

Advanced Member

I have decided to change my role after the next AGM in about 7 weeks.

I feel I have made a pretty fair contribution to keeping this group together since the preference issue three years ago. I have posted numerous links to information on the net, argued through the logic of many situations, posted digests of long company reports, and attempted to engender conversation in confusing times such as the present. And tried to keep the tone civil and positive, of course. All of which has been a considerable amount of work.

I have decided I have done enough however and the group will morph into whatever it does when I stop doing that.

In that time, the company has changed very considerably. The market development work has continued to make great strides year after year. Roadblocks have appeared in front of the company in a number of ways, but the company has found ways through all of those with the exception of Europe which it is currently working on.

But the revenue has certainly come and gone over time. Chiefly, as I explained recently, I see the last two years as being heavily reliant on one US product available nationwide which has apparently not produced a strong reliable income for us due to quite random circumstances. In addition, the global distributor was changed, with obvious effect on the revenue last year. Both of these seem to explain last year's revenue. More recently the share price has been put through the mill, just for those who feel there is not enough challenge in this share at present.

After the AGM, the company will most likely be in one of two positions. Most likely it will have raised the necessary cash and will have pretty good prospects in front of it in my opinion, due to having acquired useful and stable business partners now, combined with large markets still opening before it. Or it won't, and the company will be busy deciding what to do next. For that to happen however requires there to be no interest from new investors via Murray & Co, for the current large shareholders to decline to put up cash, and for the remainder of the shareholders to not put up cash also. For all three of those to happen seems to me to be somewhat unlikely, which is why I see success as the likely outcome. We'll see. The state of the world's economy is obviously relevant too.

I have enjoyed doing all this work, but I feel I have done enough now and the reward for my effort is dwindling. No doubt I will still make occasional posts, but I will no longer be a persistent researcher. Given the two possible outcomes after the AGM and the funding, the company's future should be quite different to the last three years either way and I feel this is an appropriate time for a change in the tone of the group too. Thank you for your kindness to me over the years. I have very much appreciated it.

Advanced Member

Still back to waiting though!

Simla, your contributions have been the best source of information and discussion we've had. Your research and your musings will be missed! (well, maybe we'll get some musings from time to time, just a little less frequently by the sounds of it). Thanks for everything you've contributed to date - I, for one, have really appreciated it!

I would just add that Oman is not an 'insider' in case that was the meaning suggested above. I try to support the BLT business and I do offer K12 online as an affiliate marketer but I have no inside information about BLIS and would not expect any. I depend on public announcements just like most other shareholders.

As an aside you can search for BLIS products online and you will find the BLIS company site hits the top of Google for almost any BLIS product keyword you imagine so they may be making some Internet sales, but the K12 future is likely to be in the food ingredients market more than the cheap-Charlie tablets they sell at present.

Natures Plus have far more interesting K12 products but I even wonder if they are selling well as I've noticed some on discount pricing online ...I think it was on Vitacost I saw them offered cheaply.