sharetrader
Page 267 of 764 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 7632
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by the taste of the ice cream. A comment on here last year from a friendly detractor suggested it wasn't the greatest taste, but after my first mouthful I was hooked. It's really nice AND has health benefits. What a combination
    I assume I am that friendly detractor. There's nothing wrong with the taste, as in the flavour. It's just that the ice-cream is icy junk. Not at all like the creamy ice-cream NZ is noted for. As it is it will never sell in any meaningful quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I assume I am that friendly detractor. There's nothing wrong with the taste, as in the flavour. It's just that the ice-cream is icy junk. Not at all like the creamy ice-cream NZ is noted for. As it is it will never sell in any meaningful quantity.
    Ah, I'm with you. (and yes, you may have been our friendly detractor.. who happens to talk a lot of common sense quite often I might add).
    I've noticed that it is quite hard when I take the tub out of the freezer (although so are the other brands that I buy). I tend let it sit for 5 minutes or so before eating it, to get more of a smooth, creamy texture. I must say, when I bought it in the city, I had a 25 minute drive home, so by the time I tried it at home (after some healthy thawing) it was absolutely divine.

I bought it at New World at Victoria Park. I don't know that it's available at other stores yet but hopefully it spreads to a wider market soon.

I also bought my Pineapple Chunk Blis icecream at New World.
    Didn't get any sense of icy junk at all, in fact very gourmet creamy.

Perhaps you got a bad one FP? Maybe it had defrosted to an extent in transit and then refrozen?

Or perhaps by the time you got to the checkout and then home it had partially melted?

Personally I can't comment on the icy or creamy qualities as the nearest New World that stocks it is too far from my home and it would melt on the trip to my freezer. I have had this issue with other ice creams that are normally creamy. And just in case you are wondering...ice cream is always the last thing I put in my trolley on the way to the checkout

I shall wait until it gets to my local and then provide my personal thoughts

I googled New World and gourmet icecream... and got an email address for Albany New World. I emailed the guy there and apparently they have the Nuts About Choclate flavour, but have sold out of the Pineapple Lump one. Good to see it's not just Victoria Park, and good to see the stuff is selling!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Perhaps you got a bad one FP? Maybe it had defrosted to an extent in transit and then refrozen?

Or perhaps by the time you got to the checkout and then home it had partially melted?

Personally I can't comment on the icy or creamy qualities as the nearest New World that stocks it is too far from my home and it would melt on the trip to my freezer. I have had this issue with other ice creams that are normally creamy. And just in case you are wondering...ice cream is always the last thing I put in my trolley on the way to the checkout

I shall wait until it gets to my local and then provide my personal thoughts
    No. I bought it from the Dunedin outlet. I don't think any Dunedin shops stock it anymore. It's no diiferent from the stuff that Gourmet have made for years before Blis bought it. I'll stick by my original predictions - it won't sell.

No. I bought it from the Dunedin outlet. I don't think any Dunedin shops stock it anymore. It's no diiferent from the stuff that Gourmet have made for years before Blis bought it. I'll stick by my original predictions - it won't sell.
    Okay

Hopefully you're proven wrong. Time will tell...

Banned

I'd also like to see the ice cream product featured on the main Blis website, or at the very least have the Gourmet site updated.
    They need to look at Kohu Road Icecream labeling and website and basically just copy it, then add info on probiotics, they already have a massive price advantage. I'd expect an added annual cost of under a thousand dollars if they really need an extra website, to explain how it should be served (wait a few minutes until it semi defrosts) and the benefits of the probiotics and natural products.
    The notion of functional food is a good one and the decision to go with Gourmet deserves credit but is being let down by a lack of some fairly basic and simple support.

Banned

The Blis website is a great improvement but still a little confusing for the customer. Fair enough that the product is useful for 10 different problems but does it need to imply that there are 10 different sets of products? Then different sizes of the same product are on separate pages? Sort of feels like they are trying to overcomplicate the buying process and fill a space. Must be frustrating for the buyer clicking back and forth trying to work out what does what and what the best deal is.
    Also an overlay bug on the refresh, not sure there's even a need for the auto refresh.
    Definitely moving in the right direction though.

Yo Fungie Pud
    Centre City New World had at least three flavours a couple of days ago. Try again! Cheers, Scamper